Discless XBox One is apparently only 50 bucks cheaper

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎14 at 2:15 AM, JONBpc said:

Big flop . Ms has no clue what they are doing 

Oh they know exactly what they are doing, they aren't stupid. They're preparing lemmings for the future, this is a test drive of what's to come. Sacrificing an essential option with no gain, and don't worry when next-gen rolls in their "key" audience will be just fine with it.

Then again that seems to describe the Xbox brand of consoles as a whole, lemmings are forced to only give, while everyone around is getting freebies from MS if you're on PC or Switch. Lemmings are literally disposable to them, they know they aren't going anywhere.

Edited by Team 2019

I don't get it myself. Maybe if they were going with an all digital X1X version, OK. Those crying over the size of the SSD don't get the fact that people who go all digital WILL buy an external HDD. That is a fact. I'm assuming this is a test case to see if they will go with an all digital version of the X1X and the next generation system in 2020. I'm also assuming this is pretty much targeting ONLY the people who play 3 or 4 games a year, like Madden, NBA 2K, CoD, etc. 

it's a console for casual gamers that maximizes their profits. 

this is yet another instance of MS abandoning the hardcore and embracing their streaming box future: No exclusives, no exclusive content for multiplats, no reason to buy one when you own literally any other console. They're turning xbox into a budget steambox.

Absolutely horrible direction.

4 hours ago, eastside49er said:

I don't get it myself. Maybe if they were going with an all digital X1X version, OK. Those crying over the size of the SSD don't get the fact that people who go all digital WILL buy an external HDD. That is a fact. I'm assuming this is a test case to see if they will go with an all digital version of the X1X and the next generation system in 2020. I'm also assuming this is pretty much targeting ONLY the people who play 3 or 4 games a year, like Madden, NBA 2K, CoD, etc. 

They actually explained the reason something like the Xbox One X doesn't have a 2TB drive and that they defaulted to a 1TB. The chances are high an owner would already have an external and if they did add a larger drive they would have to increase the system cost. Whatever they don't need to unnecessarily add saves the consumer money and allows them to make the choice themselves. I have a 4TB drive already with like 90 games installed 50'ish of which are X enhanced and I still have 1.3 TB to spare.  

They're providing people options, it's why I still support them using AA's in their controllers, they allow me to make the choice and I can replace them easily. The same logic will apply to a line of digital only consoles, they'll be an alternative.

Edited by Nya`
12 hours ago, Nya` said:

They actually explained the reason something like the Xbox One X doesn't have a 2TB drive and that they defaulted to a 1TB. The chances are high an owner would already have an external and if they did add a larger drive they would have to increase the system cost. Whatever they don't need to unnecessarily add saves the consumer money and allows them to make the choice themselves. I have a 4TB drive already with like 90 games installed 50'ish of which are X enhanced and I still have 1.3 TB to spare.  

They're providing people options, it's why I still support them using AA's in their controllers, they allow me to make the choice and I can replace them easily. The same logic will apply to a line of digital only consoles, they'll be an alternative.

No retard, MS did that to milk it's userbase for play and charge kits....those should be included with the controller. 

AA batteries in controllers like its 1999 :sabu:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

No retard, MS did that to milk it's userbase for play and charge kits....those should be included with the controller. 

AA batteries in controllers like its 1999 :sabu:

Milk people? I can use the same rechargeable batteries and charger for my Xbox 360 from 14 years ago for the Xbox One. It provides the consumer options, if Microsoft wanted to sell you play and charge kits they would have made a proprietary battery socket. You're being dumb.