[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

1 minute ago, Vini said:

It's official for about half the viewers apparently.

For us regular viewers who are not amateur critics we're loving this shit. Way better than S7 for me

This season is divisive as fuck. 

The people freaking out here are like Yelp reviewers, fuck em' lol. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The people who don't really care vs the people that care.  That's what it boils down to.  This season has sucked horribly.  Oh well.  On to the next show.

This is my favorite show I care about it as much as you do

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

The people who don't really care vs the people that care.  That's what it boils down to.  This season has sucked horribly.  Oh well.  On to the next show.

I care. But I also don’t expect D&D to go and write the rest of the story on the level of one of the best fantasy authors ever. And to do it in Months whereas GRRM takes years.

Im enjoying the show for what it is now. Fantastically directed fantasy attempting to tie together an unfinished story

I feel bad for them. The internet is raging at them like they signed up to finish GRRMs story’s for him. 

its George’s fault. 8 years to finish the damn books, and then he stops working on the show when it becomes a conflict of interest

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Voidler said:

I care. But I also don’t expect D&D to go and write the rest of the story on the level of one of the best fantasy authors ever. And to do it in Months whereas GRRM takes years.

I feel bad for them. The internet is raging at them like they signed up to finish GRRMs story’s for him. 

its George’s fault. 8 years to finish the damn books, and then he stops working on the show when it becomes a conflict of interest

The entire problem with the post-book material is that it's all rushed.

George didn't tell D&D to settle for two more seasons with thirteen episodes between them. HBO didn't pressure them into wrapping things up. D&D decided this was how it was going to go and now nothing is built up properly and nobody bothers to reflect on things. I mean for fuck's sake Tyrion and Varys never even acknowledged Littlefinger's death.

Yeah, George really should have had these fucking books done by now and I'm sure the Star Wars gig is looking mighty tempting over finishing a series that you'll probably never got the adoration from the fans for regardless of what you do because "George would have done it better", but this was their choice and it's a mess as a result.

Im enjoying the show for what it is now. Fantastically directed fantasy attempting to tie together an unfinished story

It really is beautifully directed and, despite the criticisms, largely entertaining. The writing is profoundly disappointing, but the show as a whole is far from being bad. In my opinion, of course.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The entire problem with the post-book material is that it's all rushed.

George didn't tell D&D to settle for two more seasons with thirteen episodes between them. HBO didn't pressure them into wrapping things up. D&D decided this was how it was going to go and now nothing is built up properly and nobody bothers to reflect on things. I mean for fuck's sake Tyrion and Varys never even acknowledged Littlefinger's death.

Yeah, George really should have had these fucking books done by now and I'm sure the Star Wars gig is looking mighty tempting over finishing a series that you'll probably never got the adoration from the fans for regardless of what you do because "George would have done it better", but this was their choice and it's a mess as a result.

It really is beautifully directed and, despite the criticisms, largely entertaining. The writing is profoundly disappointing, but the show as a whole is far from being bad. In my opinion, of course.

this is where i stand. i still love the series, and i have enjoyed a good amount of this season. but is it disappointing and flawed? you bet. 

• Upvote 1

Set pieces. music. and production values are all top quality and the best on TV bar none.

It's the writing and character development that just isn't good this season.

I like how Vini is trying to position himself as an "authentic" viewer of the show who has a higher level of appreciation and understands it on a level better than the other people.

.....this is after madmaltese absolutely bitch-slapped him all over the place with so much more understanding of themes, character arcs, meanings of specific scenes...........and Vini knew that he doesn't even come close to understanding the show on that level, so in his mind he is pretending that such a level of understanding simply doesn't exist.

They rushed this because they want the show to be over with. Probably because new contracts for the upcoming shows are probably paying them better than this current show.

So they have a dilemma, they want to wrap up the show quickly, BUT they want to take the opportunity to get high ratings when they wrap it up because it helps their future prospects. They could use this to get high-dollar movie gigs, etc.

So, they make the final couple of seasons geared towards blockbuster action sequences, hand it over to action directors and stunt choreographers that take weeks and months for filming. And they don't have to do much writing (which means they spend that time writing for their upcoming shows).

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I like how Vini is trying to position himself as an "authentic" viewer of the show who has a higher level of appreciation and understands it on a level better than the other people.

.....this is after madmaltese absolutely bitch-slapped him all over the place with so much more understanding of themes, character arcs, meanings of specific scenes...........and Vini knew that he doesn't even come close to understanding the show on that level, so in his mind he is pretending that such a level of understanding simply doesn't exist.

lmao please educate me what higher plane level of understanding are you two operating at that I'm in denial about? Sounds to me like a bunch of whiners who don't agree with the direction the show is taking it's characters and are nitpicking everything to the Nth degree

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

lmao please educate me what higher plane level of understand are you two operating at that I'm in denial about? Sounds to me like a bunch of whiners who don't agree with the direction the show is taking it's characters and are nitpicking everything to the Nth degree

madmal already did, especially with the Jaime Lannister character.

Your response was LITERALLY.............I'm not kidding, it was LITERALLY.............."oh....well, I don't see it, so its not really there."

That one scene, alone, is miles away than anything I'm seeing with the new episodes.

37 minutes ago, Ike said:

DB and David get the Star Wars IP next for 3 movies.

Action sequences mean that showrunners don't have to be involved with the filming schedule because its handed off to action directions and choreographers for weeks and months on end. Not to mention they don't have to write as much dialogue.

Yeah, the moment they realized they had another gig in the pipeline, they just decided to go the action route because it required less time from them.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

madmal already did, especially with the Jaime Lannister character.

Your response was LITERALLY.............I'm not kidding, it was LITERALLY.............."oh....well, I don't see it, so its not really there."

That one scene, alone, is miles away than anything I'm seeing with the new episodes.

Oh right the arc that he made up in his head about Jaime Lannister being a loving caring person who cares about the common people, a regular Jesus Christ. 

Just now, Vini said:

Oh right the arc that he made up in his head about Jaime Lannister being a loving caring person who cares about the common people, a regular Jesus Christ. 

I love how you purposely pretend to exaggerate his position.

Its either that or you really have bad sensibilities in determining character progression in stories. LOL

The fact that your responses to his VERY detailed and nuanced argument are simplistic and childish.....makes me this you are, indeed, the latter.

You're probably better off understanding tv shows on the Spike network.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you purposely pretend to exaggerate his position.

Its either that or you really have bad sensibilities in determining character progression in stories. LOL

The fact that your responses to his VERY detailed and nuanced argument are simplistic and childish.....makes me this you are, indeed, the latter.

You're probably better off understanding tv shows on the Spike network.

My sensibilities are fine, I question his and yours though. 

If you thought Jaime's story arc was one of turning into a good guy that's your problem not the show's. Same as if you thought the NK was some mastermind and not a mindless killing machine. Or if you thought that Dany was ever gonna be a good ruler.

That's either wishful thinking or inability to pay attention. Or both. 

Edited by Vini
1 hour ago, Vini said:

My sensibilities are fine, I question his and yours though. 

If you thought Jaime's story arc was one of turning into a good guy that's your problem not the show's. Same as if you thought the NK was some mastermind and not a mindless killing machine. Or if you thought that Dany was ever gonna be a good ruler.

That's either wishful thinking or inability to pay attention. Or both. 

Now he explained his fully, and proved it with MULTIPLE details, referencing several scenes and quotes.

You didn't.

I mean, dude.........he showed you a scene that was a straight-up Shakespearean-style soliloquy.......can you even explain WHY that scene even exists?

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic