[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

I think GRRM is loving this. His final books are now going to carry more anticipation.

He should start saying that his books are REALLY going to explain everything.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I think GRRM is loving this. His final books are now going to carry more anticipation.

He should start saying that his books are REALLY going to explain everything.

And they're gonna end the same exact way. 

Just now, Vini said:

These people seem to think these writers are just making all of this up as they go, the show is depicting the notes and direction of the books he's writing. 

Since the news came out that HBO offered D&D 2 more seasons (including this) and offered them a full 10 ep season regardless of budget for this one season and they were the ones to choose to have it as 6, it is pretty clear that decision was made because of this news they are making the next SW movie on 2020. I mean it's clear af scheduling. If they accepted HBO's offer they couldn't do SW and Sw wasn't able to budge because they have movies lined up forever.

9 hours ago, Vini said:

My sensibilities are fine, I question his and yours though. 

If you thought Jaime's story arc was one of turning into a good guy that's your problem not the show's. Same as if you thought the NK was some mastermind and not a mindless killing machine. Or if you thought that Dany was ever gonna be a good ruler.

That's either wishful thinking or inability to pay attention. Or both. 

You have misrepresented my arguments so many times it's insane. Now saying I was saying Jamie's story arc is that he is some Jesus Christ. Dear lord. 

His arc is that he is NOT some one dimensional bad guy that only cares about himself. His whole arc was to break down the image portrayed in S1 and to give DEPTH to the character. Your defence is literally to say 'no, he really is just one dimensional as fuck and the 8 year arc doesn't exist. S1E1 Jamie is the fully extent of Jamie. We know everything about him there and then'. Which we know is 100% not true from 8 years of his own scenes. Not my fault you seem to only care about the action scenes.

Same shit where you think ppl hate the Dany turn because we thought she was going to be a good ruler. Again, NO ONE is complaining about that. Everyone is complaining about the process. My predictions from the start was that Dany would turn bad and that one of jon or dany will kill each other. Her turning in the Mad Queen was always the end of her arc, it's hinted at in the books directly many many times. We get to see how she justifies her horrific actions. There is zero complaint about the end result. It's the process which you constantly seem to not care about. THe later seasons are your fav cause they had more action, good for you, enjoy that. But you very clearly don't appreciate the writing perspective as much as other ppl here (which is fine). 

All your defenses to my criticisms have been to made up arguments I haven't made.

and finally, you're the one that keeps crying about others disliking something you like. Look at all the posts since the recent ep. Everyone game their opinion. I didn't shit on anyone, just gave my own also. You're the one that can't handle people disliking this show. My views of each ep are in this thread. They go:

Ep1: Liked it, did the necessary setup

Ep2: Excellent, some great character moments and amazing build up to the big battle

Ep3: Initially loved it. One of the best directed eps of GoT ever. Epic in ever sense. Huge moments and shock. Could understand the dissappointed some had with the WW storyline resolution.

Ep4: Meh, had some pretty big problems but not outright bad.

Ep5: Horrible. Imo the worst ep ever

Meanwhile this is you:

Ep1: Loved it!!

Ep2: Loved it!!

Ep3: Loved it!

Ep4: Loved it!

Ep5: Loved it!

You're the biased one here man, not me. 

13 minutes ago, Vini said:

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

These people seem to think these writers are just making all of this up as they go, the show is depicting the notes and direction of the books he's writing. 

It's like you two literally can't read a word anyone has even complained about.

Everyone here has said there is ZERO DOUBT that the Mad Queen end is 100% GRRM's ending to Dany. We book readers know that more than you because that foreshadowing is far more prevalent in the books.

We also know it's going to be very much earned and done in a MUCH better way that it was in the show.

You guys actually think it's the story beats that make a show great and not the writing to get there. 

You think you can give someone the story beats of 'Nerdy Shy Chemistry teacher turns to making Drugs to help fund his cancer treatment and set up his family and turns into an evil Druglord' to any writer and they would turn it into the masterpiece that is Breaking Bad? lol 

How many times do we see the exact story being told and it ranging in quality dramatically. All the time!

Just now, madmaltese said:

It's like you two literally can't read a word anyone has even complained about.

Everyone here has said there is ZERO DOUBT that the Mad Queen end is 100% GRRM's ending to Dany. We book readers know that more than you because that foreshadowing is far more prevalent in the books.

We also know it's going to be very much earned and done in a MUCH better way that it was in the show.

You guys actually think it's the story beats that make a show great and not the writing to get there. 

You think you can give someone the story beats of 'Nerdy Shy Chemistry teacher turns to making Drugs to help fund his cancer treatment and set up his family and turns into an evil Druglord' to any writer and they would turn it into the masterpiece that is Breaking Bad? lol 

How many times do we see the exact story being told and it ranging in quality dramatically. All the time!

Nope we're just disagreeing on the process Dany's turn was totally earned for me in this episode. 

She had countless motivations to do so in that moment and leading up in prior episodes

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

Nope we're just disagreeing on the process Dany's turn was totally earned for me in this episode. 

She had countless motivations to do so in that moment and leading up in prior episodes

Not just that, there was no where else to go. They think this is all happening too fast, is it though? The lead up has lasted the better part of a decade, snaps happening instantly, ends come to a sudden end. I feel like a lot of people just aren't willing to let go, they want more and they're misplacing aggression on the writing. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Vini said:

You wanna look at Dyno and your post literally right above that are someone saying the ending isn't in the book.

And trust me, I know it's earned in your eyes. Everything is earned in your eyes. They literally can do no wrong. We get it. 

Problem is you somehow have an issue with others who don't feel it was even close to being earned. People that aren't 'haters', all fans of the show, all fans of every way the show has been previously reviewed. All having the same issue with the same things this season. 

You have zero problem to believe Dany can hold her temper in Ep4 when 1 of her dragons is killed (and all the iron fleet is fully vulnerable to be destroyed) and then hold her temper when Missandei is killed yet somehow fully snap the next episode when everyone has surrendered and the battle is won after she was sulking in the morning lol

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Not just that, there was no where else to go. They think this is all happening too fast, is it though? The lead up has lasted the better part of a decade, snaps happening instantly, ends come to a sudden end. I feel like a lot of people just aren't willing to let go, they want more and they're misplacing aggression on the writing. 

Again there is no anger or aggression. You and Vini post that you like it, me and others post that we didn't then Vini (in particular) and you somehow can't handle that. I was fine with everyone else's opinion, just posted mine too, I'm not quoting other ppl, just defending mine from ppl who can't handle others not liking something they like. I'm happy you're enjoying it. I'm not really fussed, I'm sure the books will satisfy me, this is more like spoilers for the books at this point. 

31 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You wanna look at Dyno and your post literally right above that are someone saying the ending isn't in the book.

And trust me, I know it's earned in your eyes. Everything is earned in your eyes. They literally can do no wrong. We get it. 

Problem is you somehow have an issue with others who don't feel it was even close to being earned. People that aren't 'haters', all fans of the show, all fans of every way the show has been previously reviewed. All having the same issue with the same things this season. 

You have zero problem to believe Dany can hold her temper in Ep4 when 1 of her dragons is killed (and all the iron fleet is fully vulnerable to be destroyed) and then hold her temper when Missandei is killed yet somehow fully snap the next episode when everyone has surrendered and the battle is won after she was sulking in the morning lol

First of all she didn't snap in this episode she had decided days prior that she was going to rule with fear after that scene with Jon. After the bells rang we're watching her reluctantly pursuing her plan, which is made tougher by the surrender. She was probably hoping for the city to put up a fight so she had a reason to burn them.

As far as I can tell she killed 2 birds with one stone, established herself as the most ruthless leader this world her ever seen and broke the wheel at the same time just as she promised. No more politicking, this is supreme leader dictator type shit. 

And I have plenty of problems with this season and all the rest of them. I just don't feel like nitpicking when I'm enjoying it so much. 

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

First of all she's not holding her temper she's destroying military targets so that the dragon is safe. She had decided days prior that she was going to rule with fear after that scene with Jon. She didn't snap during the bell scene you're watching her reluctantly pursuing her plan. As far as I can tell she killed 2 birds with one stone, established herself as the most ruthless leader this world her ever seen and broke the wheel at the same time just as she promised. No more politicking, this is supreme leader dictator type shit. 

And I have plenty of problems with this season and all the rest of them. I just don't feel like nitpicking when I'm enjoying it so much. 

Yeah, no. Again, I don't know what you're watching. Like seriously have no idea what your eyes see. 

I'm talking about holding her anger in ep4 after the death of her dragon and best friend. She literally destroyed NOTHING, in that ep when there was wayyyy more oportunity to destroy the iron fleet with much less risk, so your 'so the dragon is safe' argument is laughable. Yeah, it's a lot safer to take on like 20x the amount of scorpions in ep5 (after she just saw the scorpions kill a dragon), all loaded and ready to go, then it was to destroy the iron fleet after they all fired and killed Rhagael :biggrin: Man you say some dumb shit. 

And again, no, she didn't decide in that scene with Jon. The entire start of the battle was as planned. All military targets, all the actual plan that was agreed. They literally spend a 10 second scene on Dany and her face as she makes the decision to turn on the civilians and burn KL to the ground. I just don't even know what you're watching at this point. They couldn't have been more obvious about the exact moment she said 'fuck it, I'm burning this all down'. If that decision was made prior then we wouldn't have had the lead up to that moment. The battle was won, she didnt go in destorying scorpions and civilians and give no fucks at all from the start, there is an exact moment that changes. 

I've seen ppl who watch GoT as a background show pick up more than you, dear goodness.

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah, no. Again, I don't know what you're watching. Like seriously have no idea what your eyes see. 

I'm talking about holding her anger in ep4 after the death of her dragon and best friend. She literally destroyed NOTHING, in that ep when there was wayyyy more oportunity to destroy the iron fleet with much less risk, so your 'so the dragon is safe' argument is laughable. Yeah, it's a lot safer to take on like 20x the amount of scorpions in ep5 (after she just saw the scorpions kill a dragon), all loaded and ready to go, then it was to destroy the iron fleet after they all fired and killed Rhagael :biggrin: Man you say some dumb shit. 

And again, no, she didn't decide in that scene with Jon. The entire start of the battle was as planned. All military targets, all the actual plan that was agreed. They literally spend a 10 second scene on Dany and her face as she makes the decision to turn on the civilians and burn KL to the ground. I just don't even know what you're watching at this point. They couldn't have been more obvious about the exact moment she said 'fuck it, I'm burning this all down'. If that decision was made prior then we wouldn't have had the lead up to that moment. The battle was won, she didnt go in destorying scorpions and civilians and give no fucks at all from the start, there is an exact moment that changes. 

I've seen ppl who watch GoT as a background show pick up more than you, dear goodness.

I changed my post after noticing you were talking about Ep4, my point still stands. 

And I thought it was clear that in EP4 the Iron Fleet had the upper hand as they pulled a surprise attack while Dany was in a vulnerable position . In Ep 5 she's the one with the surprise attack with the much less vulnerable position of dive bombing them from the sky and eliminating the majority of the threat before they could concentrate aim. 

I guess we really are watching two different things because none of that was unclear in any way to me. Literally every ship was aiming at her in Episode 4 compared to the surprise vertical attack in Episode 5 when they weren't expecting her. How the fuck is this a point of criticism for you? I mean this is beyond nitpicking

Edited by Vini
38 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

MadMaltese body'ing all plebs ITT :salute:

26 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

My nigga is ruthless :hsmoke:

lmao the 3 stooges of butthurt entitled Game of Thrones fandom

Bodying plebs by making up fan fiction arcs and crying when they don't play out

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic