[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

19 minutes ago, Vini said:

I changed my post after noticing you were talking about Ep4, my point still stands. 

And I thought it was clear that in EP4 the Iron Fleet had the upper hand as they pulled a surprise attack while Dany was in a vulnerable position . In Ep 5 she's the one with the surprise attack with the much less vulnerable position of dive bombing them from the sky and eliminating the majority of the threat before they could concentrate aim. 

I guess we really are watching two different things because none of that was unclear in any way to me. Literally every ship was aiming at her in Episode 4 compared to the surprise vertical attack in Episode 5 when they weren't expecting her. How the fuck is this a point of criticism for you? I mean this is beyond nitpicking

In Ep4 they literally had zero scorpions left to shoot after they killed Rhagael. There was literally ZERO threat. Zero. Rhageal was already dead and she had 1 dragon left and a totally exposed Iron Fleet (and Iron fleet alone, not IF plus KL Scorpions). Plus would have the actual instant anger of the death of her child. 

You're saying that 1 dragon vs an unloaded iron fleet  with literally zero defence against that 1 dragon cause they all shot their scorpions is more of a threat to the dragon than 1 dragon vs a prepared Iron Fleet and all the scorpions on KL :biggrin:

Not to mention the hilariousness of 'surprise attack' when literally everyone on the Iron Fleet and at KL was waiting for the attack in ep5. Or how stupid Euron's 'surprise attack' on Rhageal was when she was flying and can see everything for miles but they were hiding the Iron Fleet behind a rock LMAO, D&D's actual explanation 'Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet' :biggrin: The scene after she just mentioned the Iron Fleet. 

I don't even have words.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

In Ep4 they literally had zero scorpions left to shoot after they killed Rhagael. There was literally ZERO threat. Zero. Rhageal was already dead and she had 1 dragon left and a totally exposed Iron Fleet (and Iron fleet alone, not IF plus KL Scorpions). Plus would have the actual instant anger of the death of her child. 

You're saying that 1 dragon vs an unloaded iron fleet  with literally zero defence against that 1 dragon cause they all shot their scorpions is more of a threat to the dragon than 1 dragon vs a prepared Iron Fleet and all the scorpions on KL :biggrin:

Not to mention the hilariousness of 'surprise attack' when literally everyone on the Iron Fleet and at KL was waiting for the attack in ep5. Or how stupid Euron's 'surprise attack' on Rhageal was when she was flying and can see everything for miles but they were hiding the Iron Fleet behind a rock LMAO, D&D's actual explanation 'Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet' :biggrin: The scene after she just mentioned the Iron Fleet. 

I don't even have words.

Nah bro, I don't buy it. You're just digging deeper with this dumb shit

A surprise attack over the sea with no backup vs dive bombing from clouds while the enemy is distracted by your army that's backing you up. And your question is why didn't she attack alone? 

The more you spell out your criticism the more vacuous it becomes. I'll knock a point off for a rushed conclusion, but this season is at least an 8/10 for me so far. [

And you know what I'm tipping my hat to the show runners because they literally broke the fans :D 

I didn't think they could top the Red Wedding but this is on another level

3 minutes ago, Vini said:

And you know what I'm tipping my hat to the show runners because they literally broke the fans :D 

If you just compared the Red Wedding to last week's - or even this season's losses, you need your GoT thread privileges re-looked at.

Because the only way the Red Wedding would be comparable to last week's episode was if Walder Frey pulled out an M4 w/ Grenade Launcher and used Pacino's line in Scarface.

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

If you just compared the Red Wedding to last week's - or even this season's losses, you need your GoT thread privileges re-looked at.

Because the only way the Red Wedding would be comparable to last week's episode was if Walder Frey pulled out an M4 w/ Grenade Launcher and used Pacino's line in Scarface.

That's what it felt like to me, after the episode was over I was in shock every bit as when I saw the red wedding. 

And this episode had the most raw depiction of war brutality of sacking a city I've ever seen. So fuck off with your privileges you over reacting little girls

3 hours ago, Vini said:

First of all she didn't snap in this episode she had decided days prior that she was going to rule with fear

No

She

Didn't.

My experience watching GoT is very, very limited and I know what the writers were TRYING TO DO through this episode.

Why do you think they intentionally held that shot of her and the dragon on that perch and everything slowed down, Tyrion was looking at her and he had this sense of uncertainty. And she slowly started getting a madder and madder face the more she stared at that castle. Like the trope couldn't be laid on any thicker. She was making a heel turn right there, like as if she saw an opportunity.

Had she already planned for it, she'd be acting colder the moment she turned.

Oh my god you have to be one of the worst judges of narrative I have seen in some time.

If this subject were about food, you'd be delighted with eating styrofoam. :drake:

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No

She

Didn't.

My experience watching GoT is very, very limited and I know what the writers were TRYING TO DO through this episode.

Why do you think they intentionally held that shot of her and the dragon on that perch and everything slowed down, Tyrion was looking at her and he had this sense of uncertainty. And she slowly started getting a madder and madder face the more she stared at that castle. Like the trope couldn't be laid on any thicker. She was making a heel turn right there, like as if she saw an opportunity.

Had she already planned for it, she'd be acting colder the moment she turned.

Oh my god you have to be one of the worst judges of narrative I have seen in some time.

If this subject were about food, you'd be delighted with eating styrofoam. :drake:

There is nothing wrong with a heel turn. And it doesn’t need to be a calculated move. It’s more than well established that Targaryens border the line of insanity, and Daenerys has always walked that thin line between trying to be a good leader and giving into her “fire and blood” instincts 

6 hours ago, Vini said:

Edited by Ramza
6 hours ago, Voidler said:

Funny how Dany’s heel turn “came from nowhere” yet we had predictions like this :cmpunk1:

You gotta feel for @madmaltese when you explain your position multiple times and shit like this still gets posted.

• Upvote 1

was reading how red wedding was GRRM wanting to "subvert expectations" with this series. 

the same people arguing that earlier are now mad that something that was in their face the entire time happened

2 hours ago, Handsome Horse said:

was reading how red wedding was GRRM wanting to "subvert expectations" with this series. 

the same people arguing that earlier are now mad that something that was in their face the entire time happened

Exactly. They showed just enough of Dany's other side to make her flip to mad queen sensible yet still surprising. People still held out hope until the very scene she started burning civilians. 

Apparently it would've been better if we were honey dicked into her turning into the mad queen. Where's the fun in that? If I knew exactly what was going to happen in that episode it would've ruined the surprise. 

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic