[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

2 hours ago, Casual said:

So yeah, after sleeping on it I still think the spectacle of the whole thing was amazing but i definitely have a couple gripes. 

1) I'm kind of annoyed that only secondary characters died. I get plot armor and all but it just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Theon's death was great though and a wonderful conclusion to his arc, which is probably the best in the show...maybe Jaime will surpass him depending on the next few episodes.

2) Didn't love how the Night King died. I didn't mind that Arya killed him, I actually think that makes the most sense if he's going to die to a single character. It would either be her or Bran. He's not going to lose in single 1v1 combat so that rules out a lot of people like Jaime, Jon, Brienne, etc. You could have made it so he was susceptible to dragonfire but it would probably seem a bit too easy...Dany isn't gonna kill him otherwise. Arya was the trained assassin and she has the valyrian dagger that ultimately started this whole thing so in a way that's pretty cool. Does that confirm that Bran knew this was going to happen all along, ie that he can see the future? I'm not sure, he also said last episode that no one had ever tried dragonfire on the NK and Dany tried this episode so I'm leaning towards no. Maybe he can see possible outcomes based on certain choices which is why he gave Arya the dagger. Maybe him being able to see what she'd been through just made her the obvious choice. 

3) My bigger annoyance with how the NK fight ended was that we learned nothing of his motivations/creation/purpose/whatever. Now, we still could learn about that. I'm honestly not entirely convinced that the NK is gone. I could see him coming back, maybe in some explanation where there's just always a night king in this world and the cycle kind of begins anew. They could also obviously tell it through Bran somehow. 

4) I'm convinced none of this will happen in the books. It just seems pointless to have written this elaborate story with so much nuance and give it an anime ending. 

• Someone important could have died but with how chaotic everything was the gravity of their death wouldn't have been felt IMO.
  • She was also going to be the one that killed me, it was pre-determined years ago.
  • They already went over the Night King's origin, his motivations, his creation, the purpose he served. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

No idea why people are obsessed with understanding the Night King/Night Walkers goal and objectives. They're living weapons. That's all they've ever been presented as. They're not "people".

They literally told you what the NK's purpose for hunting Bran was in the last episode. The NK wants to wipe out humanity, and I mean a complete wipe out. Bran is basically a living encyclopedia for the entire human races history. The NK doesn't just want to kill all of humanity, he wants to erase every trace of humanity's existence. 

This is what happens when you let yourself go down the rabbit hole for no damn reason... You end up getting convinced that things are suppose to happen even though there was no real basis for these things to happen to begin with.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

No idea why people are obsessed with understanding the Night King/Night Walkers goal and objectives. They're living weapons. That's all they've ever been presented as. They're not "people".

They literally told you what the NK's purpose for hunting Bran was in the last episode. The NK wants to wipe out humanity, and I mean a complete wipe out. Bran is basically a living encyclopedia for the entire human races history. The NK doesn't just want to kill all of humanity, he wants to erase every trace of humanity's existence. 

This is what happens when you let yourself go down the rabbit hole for no damn reason... You end up getting convinced that things are suppose to happen even though there was no real basis for these things to happen to begin with.

Not even just this, his whole existence and why he/they were created was explained back in season 6 and everyone seems to act like there's some huge mystery or hidden motivation behind them. As much as they were involved in the show they were never the focus of the show, they were always the sub-plot. 

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Not even just this, his whole existence and why he/they were created was explained back in season 6 and everyone seems to act like there's some huge mystery or hidden motivation behind them. As much as they were involved in the show they were never the focus of the show, they were always the sub-plot. 

for me, it's been the character development. every character (minus stanis) has had incredible transformations with great payoffs. melisandre, theon, arya, jaime, sansa, jon snow, brienne...i have loved what all of these characters have become and/or will continue to become ( i'm expecting great thing from sansa and jaime in the last 3) - especially compared to how they were when they were first introduced. 

Edited by -GD-
Just now, -GD- said:

for me, it's been the character development. every character (minus stanis) has had incredible transformations with great payoffs. melisandre, theon, arya, jaime, sansa, jon snow, brienne...i have loved what all of these characters have become and will continue to become ( i'm expecting great thing from sansa and jaime in the last 3) - especially compared to how they were when they were first introduced. 

There's no character to develop though, he's a tool and always has been, he's acting on the behalf of others. There's not some deep seeded character here. The children of the forest kidnapped one of the first men to invade their continent and turned him into a white walker to protect them from man.

That's the beginning and end of the rainbow. 

3 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

question:

Hide contents

is danerys's actions in this episode gonna bite her in the ass?

What do you mean? She did everything she could 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no character to develop though, he's a tool and always has been, he's acting on the behalf of others. There's not some deep seeded character here. The children of the forest kidnapped one of the first men to invade their continent and turned him into a white walker to protect them from man.

That's the beginning and end of the rainbow. 

i understand that. i think you've misinterpreted what i was saying. i was pointing out what i love about the show - the transformation of is main LIVING characters ;) 

Dany is an idiot.

Dany- "Ahh, this seems like a good spot to chill. Right in the center of a swarm."

Drogon- "Uhh..."

*Swarm surrounds*

Dany- "What a nice spot to ponder."

Drogon- "Uhhh HEY... What are we doing!?"

"Swarm attacks*

Dany- "Hmm, yes, this seems fine"

Drogon- "FUUUUUCK!"

*Swarm dog piles onto Drogon"

Drogon- "FUCK THIS, I'M OUTTA' HERE! You're on your own, you stupid bitch!"

Dany- "Gasp, how did this happen!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

She's not a warrior, she puts on a strong front and this episode shows you how vulnerable she actually is. 

im scared of how she will end up when the show ends.

yes, i actually like that character

Edited by Guest
43 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Exactly.   The Knight's king back story, creation, motivations were all explained in prior seasons.... 

1 hour ago, Handsome Horse said:

i dunno she came off...bad

She came off more than bad. Honestly, both her and Jon have had some just utterly terrible writing the last two seasons that make them seem unfit to manage a fast food restaurant let alone the army that saves Westeros.

20 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

She came off more than bad. Honestly, both her and Jon have had some just utterly terrible writing the last two seasons that make them seem unfit to manage a fast food restaurant let alone the army that saves Westeros.

Don't dis Daenerys.  :tom:

Edited by Optimus Jim
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

What was the dead dragon breathing? I thought it was ice before, but it looked exactly like fire.. just blue, but there were no blue flames on the ground? Nothing was frozen?

Nitrogen related effect I would guess.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic