[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

Just now, Remij_ said:

Indeed... it would have been easy to have a scene that really added some context to that fact... instead of the.. nothing.. that we got. :shrug: 

What context is actually missing? They explained all of this stuff seasons ago.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

Just now, madmaltese said:

Why was the NK able to see Bran in a vision and mark him?

Why is he then able to sense wherever Bran is?

Bran became the TER well after the WW and NK were raising their armies and preparing for the assualt on Westeros.

Because he's supernatural yo, how were the children of the forest actually able to create him? Some things don't need answers.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Because he's supernatural yo, how were the children of the forest actually able to create him? Some things don't need answers.

You're answering the question of WHY with a HOW. I'm not asking for how, I'm asking for why. Same way im not asking why bran can do what he does because we got the why with the fact his vision are integral to the plot and revealing answers from history. There is very clearly or initially suggested a link between Bran and the NK which quite clearly was dropped as D&D had to make up their own story.

One final thing about 'Consequence'

This in the books and the show up till the end of S5 is the no.1 most integral theme to the entire story. 

Everything has massive ramifications and usually in ways that change the usual fantasy tropes.

In S1, Ned Stark's honour, honesty and all round good guy actions have the severe consequence of this death in this world.

Robb Stark's decision to marry for love have the consequence of his death, his wife's their unborn baby, his mother and numerous others.

Oberyn's decision to want the Mountain to profess his guilty has the consequence of his death.

Sansa's decision early to want to be the queen above all else results in years of torture, rape and hardship.

I mean literally examples of these with every character. 

They all lessen greatly when S5 ends and now for the biggest plot point the show has had there is literally next to zero consequence and an actual benefit to Cersei and her decisions.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

One final thing about 'Consequence'

This in the books and the show up till the end of S5 is the no.1 most integral theme to the entire story. 

Everything has massive ramifications and usually in ways that change the usual fantasy tropes.

In S1, Ned Stark's honour, honesty and all round good guy actions have the severe consequence of this death in this world.

Robb Stark's decision to marry for love have the consequence of his death, his wife's their unborn baby, his mother and numerous others.

Oberyn's decision to want the Mountain to profess his guilty has the consequence of his death.

Sansa's decision early to want to be the queen above all else results in years of torture, rape and hardship.

I mean literally examples of these with every character. 

They all lessen greatly when S5 ends and now for the biggest plot point the show has had there is literally next to zero consequence and an actual benefit to Cersei and her decisions.

Well Cersei did lose Jamie 

1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Well Cersei did lose Jamie 

Pretty minor compared to past consequences and we don't get to see a consequences of ignoring the WWs from the WWs themselves. I mean just seeing the horror on her face when she realises how real the threat was and that Jon Snow wasn't fucking about would've been fucking amazing. Would have shown a new side to the character and seen a new reaction. This way we get her smug smirks as we have had many a time.

Fairly certain Jamie is going to kill her though, so at least we have that. 

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Pretty minor compared to past consequences and we don't get to see a consequences of ignoring the WWs from the WWs themselves. I mean just seeing the horror on her face when she realises how real the threat was and that Jon Snow wasn't fucking about would've been fucking amazing. Would have shown a new side to the character and seen a new reaction. This way we get her smug smirks as we have had many a time.

Fairly certain Jamie is going to kill her though, so at least we have that. 

Nymeria is going to kill her for killing Lady 

NK and Bran are powered from similar sources. That's their connection and is why whenever Bran goes into Godview mode NK can sense him. NK marked Bran so that he can be able to pinpoint Bran's exact location. 

This past episode even demonstrated this.

Bran went into Godview mode in order to lure NK to come to him. NK was just chilling on his dragon, he had no intention of making a move until he knew exactly where Bran was. Once Bran warged into the ravens to reveal himself the NK went STRAIGHT to Bran because he now knew exactly where Bran was. 

By the way Theon's arc really hit me hard in this episode. I was ready to dismiss him as a character last season and they brought it back together beautifully as he redeemed himself and then some

Here's another thing to think about

Everyone who this lord of light or whatever kept alive due to luck or orchestrated turn of events in order to defeat the white walkers have now served their purpose. That means they're about to start dropping like flies. 

Ehh, not so sure about that. Jon Snow was brought back by the Lord of Light and he clearly has a much larger purpose than just beating the White Walkers. These past few seasons have shown that he's the one guy who can truly bring people together and once word gets out about his real identity... 

I think being King is his real purpose, beating the White Walkers was a secondary objective. 

What’s the bet they just ignore that it looked like almost everyone died at Winterfell and there should be no significant army left

Edited by Voidler
1 hour ago, Ike said:

5 will probably be bigger, in the sense they will mix in more dramatic story elements, deaths, and revelations - at least that’s what I hope. 

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Yeah they had said prior that Ep5 is the biggets battle in GoT history and I'm pretty sure the most expensive episode of TV ever filmed. 

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah they had said prior that Ep5 is the biggets battle in GoT history and I'm pretty sure the most expensive episode of TV ever filmed. 

Jesus. I can’t wait to see it! 

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic