[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Lol, it's just terrible now. Stop defending bad writing.

laughing at the cry babies is considered defending something now? :mj:

I can think this season is not as good as the rest and still laugh at the cry babies who went down YouTube rabbit holes for an entire year and now are disappointed because their fan theories didn't pan out:rofls:.....

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

laughing at the cry babies is considered defending something now? :mj:

I can think this season is not as good as the rest and still laugh at the cry babies who went down YouTube rabbit holes for an entire year and now are disappointed because their fan theories didn't pan out:rofls:.....

Lol putting the blame on fans for expecting more than thoughtless garbage and fan service out of Game of Thrones. 

Hell, the last two season before that one was also falling downhill, I barely had any expectations for season 8 and it managed to suck harder than I could have ever imagined. Not even a satisfying conclusion of the Night King and the army of wights which had been build up for 7 seasons straight. Logic has been thrown out of the window for the sake of serving the terrible plot. It's getting to the point where it's worse than the Star Wars prequel trilogy. I hate everything about it and I used to watch GoT episodes multiple times, now it can barely hold my attention. 

I just want to get it over with. Everyone who once loved the show and hates it now for whatever reason is more than justified. Complete 180 on everything that made it great in the first place.

28 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You needed someone else to tell you that? lmao

I always attributed it primarily to the lack of source material. DIdn't really factor in the budget part. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

I always attributed it primarily to the lack of source material. DIdn't really factor in the budget part. 

It's not so much the budget but the terrible writing that serve a dumbed down plot that has big epic spectacles at the forefront.

48 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol putting the blame on fans for expecting more than thoughtless garbage and fan service out of Game of Thrones. 

Hell, the last two season before that one was also falling downhill, I barely had any expectations for season 8 and it managed to suck harder than I could have ever imagined. Not even a satisfying conclusion of the Night King and the army of wights which had been build up for 7 seasons straight. Logic has been thrown out of the window for the sake of serving the terrible plot. It's getting to the point where it's worse than the Star Wars prequel trilogy. I hate everything about it and I used to watch GoT episodes multiple times, now it can barely hold my attention. 

I just want to get it over with. Everyone who once loved the show and hates it now for whatever reason is more than justified. Complete 180 on everything that made it great in the first place.

The loud minority on the interwebs do not Trump the masses that love it. 

The highest rated episode of all time happened this season. 

It's also the reason why they're planning offshoot shows and or prequels. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Lol, it's just terrible now. Stop defending bad writing.

No he's right, you guys have lost the plot with expectations and fan theories which have been rattling around in your heads for far too long. 

17 hours ago, Vini said:

Remember when Arya used to teleport across the seven kingdoms in the early seasons?

Euron teleported from Dragonstone to King's Landing in the last episode, do you see anybody complaining about that? No? Right, because that's not what people are taking issue with. It's a show. There isn't enough screentime to have characters on their own while traveling, nor is there really much you can do with characters sailing for days or weeks on end going from A to B.

The only time, that I recall at least, where travel time was something people took issue with was Jon and friends being stranded up north last season and the speed of their rescue.  However, this isn't related to characters essentially teleporting from place to place because in those instances the time in-between doesn't matter. Teleporting is done because we can obviously just assume that time passed on an uneventful journey so there was no need to show it.

The issue people had with Jon's rescue was that we actually had a situation where time mattered and initially it didn't seem like a raven could travel to Dragonstone in time, let alone Dany's return trip. Once somebody on reddit did the math and said it could be done in 3-5 days depending on in-world circumstances it wasn't really an issue anymore.

17 hours ago, Vini said:

Or when Tywin somehow completely doesn't recognize her?

Why would he? The show never has them meet prior to Arya being Tywin's cupbearer. Tywin is never made aware of Arya's escape from King's Landing, either.

If there's any criticism of that section of the show it would be that Tywin hints at recognizing her as nobility in the north and is shown to be ruthless in his pursuit of victory, so why doesn't he even attempt to use her capture against the people he's fighting? For me, I don't think the nobility is overt (he calls her small for her size, which would imply improper nourishment and unexpected of nobility) and without anybody looking for her (the Starks think she's dead and Cersei doesn't want to tell Tywin that she lost a valuable hostage) there's little reason to invest too much into trying.

He does still use Arya's knowledge of the north when he asks about their perception of Robb, though.

17 hours ago, Vini said:

Or the white walkers for whatever reason letting that long haired guy live in the first episode.

They also let Sam live at one point, too. The white walkers are shown to be unforgiving and don't spare life, so these are really inconsistent scenes without any context that I may have missed.

17 hours ago, Vini said:

Or how Drogo melted gold somehow in 10 seconds?

It shouldn't have melted at all, let alone in 10 seconds. The melting point of gold is in the 1500 degrees Fahrenheit range and there's no way whatever they're cooking in is getting that hot.

17 hours ago, Vini said:

Or how Robb and his mom were retarded enough to have a wedding at someone house completely unprotected after breaking his word with the head of the house. etc etc..

Completely unprotected? They had most (all?) of their army there. :D

It wasn't like Robb and Cateyln weren't skittish of the red wedding, but Walder had given them guest right and that's considered a big deal.

The red wedding also doesn't happen without the Boltons betraying the Starks. Frey couldn't have done much alone, so pissing him off doesn't mean much if you trust the Boltons and it wasn't like the Boltons had done anything up to that point to cause concern. Ned didn't trust them, the Boltons were said to be ambitious, and Robb was scared of Roose, but the Boltons marched south behind Robb after the Lannisters killed Ned so it's pretty understandable to be blindsided by the whole thing.

Now compare everything surrounding the red wedding to Dany showing up to the gates of King's Landing with her dragon on the ground and a couple dozen Unsullied in range of their defenses or Dany "forgetting" about Euron despite discussing his naval prowess in the previous fucking scene. Also, as if "forgetting" somehow negates how she didn't even fucking see this fleet of ships while on a god damn dragon on a scouting mission ffs. Mother fuckers are curving their spears like it's Wanted. :D

Edited by Hot Sauce
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No he's right, you guys have lost the plot with expectations and fan theories which have been rattling around in your heads for far too long. 

Weakest excuse I've ever heard. The change in writing quality is fucking obvious and it has nothing to do with fans expectations. In fact the whole thing feels like fan service now, what an idiotic thing to say. 

Jesus fucking christ the defense of this bullshit season is hilariously pathetic ITT.

Bu but crybabies :cry: 

Get over it... they are completely botching the fuck out of this entire series with this season.  The last few seasons have been mediocre as shit, but this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck this show... you can tell they don't give a shit anymore :D 

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Jesus fucking christ the defense of this bullshit season is hilariously pathetic ITT.

Get over it... they are completely botching the fuck out of this entire series with this season.  The last few seasons have been mediocre as shit, but this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck this show... you can tell they don't give a shit anymore :D 

This schizo doesn't like the show. 

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Totally disagree. Loving this season. 

Saw a comment which made a lot of sense. Regarding the complete lack of an in depth Night King back story or reveal as to who he might be (family wise) I was reminded of the first GoT spinoff show that was announced a little while back. Set 1000 yeras prior to these events and focusing on the origins of the White Walkers. Would not make sense for HBO to reveal what seems to be a major plot point in an upcoming show. 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Saw a comment which made a lot of sense. Regarding the complete lack of an in depth Night King back story or reveal as to who he might be (family wise) I was reminded of the first GoT spinoff show that was announced a little while back. Set 1000 yeras prior to these events and focusing on the origins of the White Walkers. Would not make sense for HBO to reveal what seems to be a major plot point in an upcoming show. 

Or he was never anything other than a red herring, a mindless leader of zombies with no purpose other than extinguishing consciousness. 

Edited by Vini
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic