[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

By the way the way they merked Rhaegal last episode as the epic dragon music kicks into high gear just as you think they're the safest and then cuts off abruptly.

Props to David and Dan. These guys are master trolls. :bow:

Edited by Vini
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

Just now, Vini said:

Or he was never anything other than a red herring, a mindless leader of zombies with no purpose other than extinguishing life. 

It's going to be funny to hear your reactions when the spinoff happens and it's deep in Night King and WW lore and the entire 'oh they are just mindless death machine and a red herring' defense changes.

He was one of the First Men..... the original inhabitants of Westeros. He undoubtedly was from a family name we know of or someone significant.  

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's going to be funny to hear your reactions when the spinoff happens and it's deep in Night King and WW lore and the entire 'oh they are just mindless death machine and a red herring' defense changes.

He was one of the First Men..... the original inhabitants of Westeros. He undoubtedly was from a family name we know of or someone significant.  

Yea but whoever he was is long dead and we're watching a zombie. I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me. 

I'm open to either possibility I was never that interested in the dead though other than impressive set pieces they didn't contribute much to the show. 

Edited by Vini
9 minutes ago, Vini said:

By the way the way they killed Rhaegal last episode as the epic dragon music kicks into high gear just as you think they're the safest and then cuts off abruptly.

Props to David and Dan. These guys are master trolls. :bow:

So fucking stupid.  ROFL  Dany... let's not fly high into the sky and get a birds eye view of what we're up against... let's fly right in line of sight of weaponry that we KNOW can kill dragons... smfh..

There's no way Euron should have been able to "surprise" them... What a fucking disgrace :kaz: 

1 minute ago, Vini said:

Yea but whoever he was is long dead and we're watching a zombie. I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me. 

It's like you've intentionally erased all prior knowledge from past seasons to excuse yourself from the direction of this season.

What part of any scene ever of the Night King made him look like just a 'zombie'. His undead army are mindless zombies. Him and the WWs were very very clearly portrayed as much much more. They planned this, organised this, have a leader, have battle tactics.

We even got a scene to specifically show how he was created. Stolen by the children of the forest and turned into a WW to defend them against the First Men. We know that the WWs then turned on their creators which led to the Long Night (Which is what the new spinoff show is about. An entire show dedicated to these events. That's how signficiant they are and you still want to go with the 'just a zombie' defence).

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

So fucking stupid.  ROFL  Dany... let's not fly high into the sky and get a birds eye view of what we're up against... let's fly right in line of sight of weaponry that we KNOW can kill dragons... smfh..

There's no way Euron should have been able to "surprise" them... What a fucking disgrace :kaz: 

Jesus you're insufferable. Why are you even posting ITT just to complain? 

Go watch Handmaid's Tale or something

Just now, madmaltese said:

It's like you've intentionally erased all prior knowledge from past seasons to excuse yourself from the direction of this season.

What part of any scene ever of the Night King made him look like just a 'zombie'. His undead army are mindless zombies. Him and the WWs were very very clearly portrayed as much much more. They planned this, organised this, have a leader, have battle tactics.

We even got a scene to specifically show how he was created. Stolen by the children of the forest and turned into a WW to defend them against the First Men. We know that the WWs then turned on their creators which led to the Long Night (Which is what the new spinoff show is about. An entire show dedicated to these events. That's how signficiant they are and you still want to go with the 'just a zombie' defence).

Look I've entertained theories like everyone else about the Night King but at no point has the show given me an impression that the NK is concious or has any sort of a plan short of wiping out the living.

There's no excusing anything. The author and showrunnera knew long before that he was just a mindless zombie this isn't some last minute decision. 

Just now, Vini said:

Jesus you're insufferable. Why are you even posting ITT just to complain? 

Go watch Handmaid's Tale or something

Insufferable?  rofl please.  I've only complained about the last 2 eps.. which have been garbage.  I don't understand how you can be so obviously blind about it.  

I'm kind of pissed off.. because this has been one of the best shows ever in the history of TV and they're completely botching it right at the finish line... of course I'm going to complain about it.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Insufferable?  rofl please.  I've only complained about the last 2 eps.. which have been garbage.  I don't understand how you can be so obviously blind about it.  

I'm kind of pissed off.. because this has been one of the best shows ever in the history of TV and they're completely botching it right at the finish line... of course I'm going to complain about it.

Well let's agree to disagree then. Plenty of people enjoyed the last 2 episodes including critics

I loved the third ep. Perfect send-off to Jorah and Theon and I loved that Arya got to kill the NK

Edited by Vini
1 minute ago, Vini said:

Look I've entertained theories like everyone else about the Night King but at no point has the show given me an impression that the NK is concious or has any sort of a plan short of wiping out the living.

There's no excusing anything. The author and showrunnera knew long before that he was just a mindless zombie this isn't some last minute decision. 

I'm near certain you are intentionally trolling at this point to get a high from Remij or myself cause you can't be that dumb,

The show has never given the impression the NK is conscious :D fmd, I don't think we can continue from here. We are obviously watching different shows. You're talking like they've portrayed the WWs as wights

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm near certain you are intentionally trolling at this point to get a high from Remij or myself cause you can't be that dumb,

The show has never given the impression the NK is conscious :D fmd, I don't think we can continue from here. We are obviously watching different shows. You're talking like they've portrayed the WWs as wights

Give me an example of when the Night King has been shown to have any type of a master plan. 

All this dude ever did was kill people, raise the dead and stare people down. 

Edited by Vini
8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bm4pzb/grrm_talking_about_subversion_for_the_sake_of/

The irony in Vini praising D&D and GRRM literally saying it's such a shit writing technique lol

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bm4pzb/grrm_talking_about_subversion_for_the_sake_of/

The irony in Vini praising D&D and GRRM literally saying it's such a shit writing technique lol

I've watched so many GRRM interviews in the past 2 weeks.. he's so fucking awesome.  I could listen to him talk about anything for hours.  He's so thoughtful of everything he says and the things he does.  Truly a genius.  And he's absolutely right.

The only solace I have left at this point is that I know he'll do the series justice with how the books end... I'm just hoping he lives long enough to see them through lol.

Just now, Vini said:

Give me an example of when the Night King has been shown to have some type of a master plan

You said the show has given you no reason to believe he is conscious. LMAO. Show me a single scene with the NK where he is acting like a mindless zombie lol. He's had better tactics than Jon Snow and Dany in battles until the last scene with Arya.

Who is talking about a Master Plan? We get the plan was always to invade the South and kill the living. No one is complaining that that was his plan. We are laughing at the dumbass defence that he was a red herring or just a mindless zombie, especially when the show did not originally hint that at all (The first fucking scene of the show is about the WWs, not even the Iron Throne). The show has also given us significant info to say he came from a very very important line of ppl (First Men) and enough info to learn he was created by the Children of the Forest and enough to know that the WWs led by him then turned on the Children of the Forest. The Long Night and it's preceding events are so significant it's getting it's very own show. It led to the creation of the wall. Then for a thousand years the NK and WWs have been building an army waiting for their time again. A thousand years, they didn't just mindlessly attack every winter. 

and here you are wanting to throw that all out and say it's irrelevant because you don't want anyone to criticise your precious show. 

Believe what you want, the show very clearly is now targeting ppl like you. 'omg subversion!! Shock! Surprise!' wow.

• Thanks 1

Also you guys realize that GRRM is involved with every major story beat right?

If the NK is a mindless zombie in the show guess what he's a mindless zombie in the book too. You think he's gonna reveal some master plan that is pivotal to the story that D&D decided to just skip?

These people are literally mad their fan fiction theories.didnt come true. Give me a fuckin break.

Just now, Vini said:

Also you guys realize that GRRM is involved with every major story beat right?

If the NK is a mindless zombie in the show guess what he's a mindless zombie in the book too. You think he's gonna reveal some master plan that is pivotal to the story that D&D decided to just skip?

These people are literally mad their fan fiction theories.didnt come true. Give me a fuckin break.

NK doesn't even exist in the book :D

I haven't complained about a single fan theory.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

NK doesn't even exist in the book :D

I haven't complained about a single fan theory.

Whatever I don't read that shit

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You said the show has given you no reason to believe he is conscious. LMAO. Show me a single scene with the NK where he is acting like a mindless zombie lol. He's had better tactics than Jon Snow and Dany in battles until the last scene with Arya.

What tactics? Let the zombies run in? Go after the three eyed Raven? Where's the tactics?

This dude's been in like 6 scenes total and I've never seen any planning or tactics. I haven't even seen him communicate in any way. You're just making shit up now

Edited by Vini
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic