[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

I love this shit. This show is the antidote to Disney BS

GRRM's intention with Dany is clear now. Her story is a villain origin story. Even though he tricked his readers and audiences into thinking she's the hero yet every beat got her closer to her destiny. And she's way more interesting and menacing now than Cersei ever was. 

Edited by Vini

I'll just lay this out plainly because I truly believe most people are idiots in real life or otherwise. This happens at the end of anything important, people lose their shit and can't come to grips with something not playing out to their expectations, or wants, or desires for an ending. This happens time and time again as if these creations are destined to fulfill the fantasies of user or viewer delusions. 

The writing went to shit? The writing has maintained relative consistency in its quality with or without the source material to directly go off of. They were not citing Martin directly and took their own liberties regardless, what's been done here is still based upon notes and information from Martin which has been translated to screen adaptation just like it was previously. The creativity is just as in tune and in depth, it's not as if things suddenly went off the deep end. 

All the building was done leading into the last few seasons, the character arcs are at their climax, the need for long drawn out diatribes and political dialog are not necessary to the degree they were as the politics of those episodes and seasons are finally coming to a head where action is taking precedent based upon that endless dialog. 

This reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 ending where it seemingly undercuts everything which has taken place before it when the reality is that's exactly how things can play out. People shut themselves off to the possibility of situations not going to plan, things falling apart, hands being forced and not having a real choice in a matter or one that leads to some type of fan service satisfaction. People beg for reality in their fantasies but when met with it it's too much to handle, they reject it, they reject an outcome that stonewalls their hopes and instead places reality at their feet.

Not everyone important has to die in some elaborate glorious fashion, not everyone who is played up and destined to do something great can, will or is capable of exacting that destiny when push comes to shove nor is the opportunity guaranteed. You people have lost your minds over something you want to be written and play out as you see fit, you want satisfaction when it's not been promised, you want every little detail, story and character arc to play out as if it was truly meaningful when that's just not the case.

You only have yourselves to blame for coming undone and having the inability to accept that things can go sideways whether you like it or not. 

It was interesting how these seemingly noble Northerners turned savage as soon as Dany started burning civilians, how soldiers behave under a tyrant. Like many times in human history

Real as shit

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

WHAT!?! 

IT'S NOT CONDUCIVE WITH EVERYTHING LEADING UP TO THIS!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It absolutely is

From youtube comment lol:

Season 1: Dany burns Mirri Maz Dur

Season 2: Dany burns the House of the Undying 

Season 3: Dany Burns Astapor 

Season 4: Dany Crucifies the masters of Mereen

Season 6 : Dany Burns Vaes Dothrak 

Season 7 : Dany Burns the wagon Train from high garden

Season 8: Dany burns kings landing

"omg it's so out of character"

Edited by Vini
1 minute ago, Vini said:

Season 1: Dany burns Mirri Maz Dur

Season 2: Dany burns the House of the Undying 

Season 3: Dany Burns Astapor 

Season 4: Dany Crucifies the masters of Mereen

Season 6 : Dany Burns Vaes Dothrak 

Season 7 : Dany Burns the wagon Train from high garden

Season 8: Dany burns kings landing

"omg it's so out of character"

:tom: I know, people are choosing to have forgotten these things. The girl was a mental case the entire time, she just became fully unhinged. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

:tom: I know, people are choosing to have forgotten these things. The girl was a mental case the entire time, she just became fully unhinged. 

I wouldn't say she's a mental case she's a successful tyrant. She realized the only way they would respect her unquestionably is through fear not love. 

I fucking loved that. It was peak Game of Thrones. Exactly the themes of Game of Thrones, power corrupts and war is hell. For as much as I didn’t like some of the writing this season, they absolutely nailed that

28 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Saying it wasn’t in character when literally the last time she fought on her Dragons against the Lannisters she then roasted prisoners alive 

Bu bu she loves her Nephew! :cries:

I agree that wasn't out of character for her for all the reasons listed above.  She has ALWAYS struggled the entire series with trying to rule with fear vs with love. 

The entire season 5 or was it 6?..That entire season had her trying to rule with love and compassion.... and it backfired. 

She then had no choice but to rule with fear... that thought her a lesson. 

Even this season, she tried again to give Cersce a chanceand show her and the city Mercy and what did it cost her... her best friend in the world. 

Then when you factor in that she realizes the people will never love her like they love John... She has no choice but to choose fear. 

and finally..... remember her intial motivation was to get revenge for what was done to her family. 

Remember her entire family and the majority of civilians, babies etc were killed when the Lannisters ram sacked the city in King Robert's name.

She returned the favor and now she became a Tyrant. 

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You only have yourselves to blame for coming undone and having the inability to accept that things can go sideways whether you like it or not. 

Yup... things have been going sideways since season 1.   NOTHING ever really works out as expected on that show... and I love it for that. 

Now that we're in season 8 all the fan theories and tin foil hat wearing stories Remij and crew convinced themselves were true... now that those theories aren't playing out how they can wanted it to.....he is crying up a storm :cry:awww:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Yup... things have been going sideways since season 1.   NOTHING ever really works out as expected on that show... and I love it for that. 

Now that we're in season 8 all the fan theories and tin foil hat wearing stories Remij and crew convinced themselves were true... now that those theories aren't playing out how they can wanted it to.....he is crying up a storm :cry:awww:

I love that what you guys are focusing on is the idea that it's not out of character for her... when the rest of us are arguing that it sucks because it's exactly what you expect her to do.  Turn into the mad queen...  She's her fathers daughter, right?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :tom: 

And no... she's NEVER killed innocents in the entire series... despite being ruthless against those that would oppose her.  Here she fucking brutally torches an entire city full of innocents after they've surrendered.  It's COMPLETELY out of character for her.

And keep saying my name Gocrysan.  What I stated in this thread weren't fan theories... they're exactly what's happening in the show because it was leaked... ALL of this shit was known.  Bu but Rem said :cry:  

This show is fucking terrible.:rofl: 

Also, how can you fucks be happy with how Cersei died..  Omg the three stooges in this thread (Vini, Dynamite, and Goukosan) will eat up any shit that's thrown at them :rofls:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I love that what you guys are focusing on is the idea that it's not out of character for her... when the rest of us are arguing that it sucks because it's exactly what you expect her to do.  Turn into the mad queen...  She's her fathers daughter, right?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :tom: 

And no... she's NEVER killed innocents in the entire series... despite being ruthless against those that would oppose her.  Here she fucking brutally torches an entire city full of innocents after they've surrendered.  It's COMPLETELY out of character for her.

And keep saying my name Gocrysan.  What I stated in this thread weren't fan theories... they're exactly what's happening in the show because it was leaked... ALL of this shit was known.  Bu but Rem said :cry:  

Also, how can you fucks be happy with how Cersei died..  Omg the three stooges in this thread (Vini, Dynamite, and Goukosan) will eat up any shit that's thrown at them :rofls:

Nobody went out the way I expected, except maybe Clegane. Were you happy with how Ned Stark died? Humiliated and beheaded? How about Robb? Have we been watching the same show here?

And Dany's turn into full Tyrant is totally in character for me. 

She was always inclined to punish people and instill fear, she just took a step further now that she's lost everything. Including a legitimate claim to the throne. 

Edited by Vini
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I never said she was a mad queen.... I explained why she did what she did.   In actuality.... what she did was par for the course in a war.... the city gets pillaged and the men killed.. women raped etc.... it's war time. 

She would be a mad queen if she continues murdering people now that the war is over. 

As far as Cersei.... thanks for proving my point... your bitch ass is upset because it didn't play out how you expected it to :awww:

She died like a coward, huddled up under the red keep like a little punk ass running scared and crying like a lil baby... kind of how you're doing now :rofls:

But if somehow she survived.... she will be executed next episode anyways.  Im fine with it anyway. 

A staple of the show is just like real life... things don't always play out exactly ad you expect it to where justice is concerned. 

It's pretty stupid to tie Dany's usage of fire to her character motivations. Oh wow, Dany used Drogon to kill somebody in the sack of Astapor, therefore she's always been this way. Never mind that she gave her troops explicit directions to not harm children and the whole point of the fight was to kill the slave masters. Definitely comparable to slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocents in King's Landing.

Dany hasn't always been this way and that's why it's been a great arc. I thought the start of this episode where Dany is talking about how Jon was the one that betrayed her and Sansa played Tyrion was great. She doesn't have anybody in positions of political power that are loyal to her nor does she have the admiration of the people because, as was mentioned last episode, the people generally don't care who rules and anybody who does would likely view Jon as the rightful heir.

I just wish we got to see it play out a bit more. Her descent really only took like an episode and a half and kinda just went from justifiable paranoia to outright mad queen in the 30 seconds she was perched waiting for the bells to ring. Skipped a couple steps there I think. :ben:

Same thing with Jamie. I thought I'd dislike him just running back to Cersei but it's whatever. Cersei being all scared was satisfying. :D I just wish Jamie's regression to the mean wasn't so sudden last episode. He went from fighting off Tormund to get with Brienne to running back to Cersei in the span of 10 minutes. Give that shit room to breathe, man.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic