[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

On 2019-05-15 at 12:20 AM, Vini said:

It's official for about half the viewers apparently.

For us regular viewers who are not amateur critics we're loving this shit. Way better than S7 for me

This season is divisive as fuck. 

You're right, I think it being the last season is what brings out the inner-critic. 

But you have to admit the pacing (or something else) seems off. 

12 minutes ago, zwarior said:

You're right, I think it being the last season is what brings out the inner-critic. 

But you have to admit the pacing (or something else) seems off. 

The pacing is accelerated I do agree that the show would have benefitted from 10 episode seasons for the past 2 seasons. 

But that's not why most people are complaining. There's a sense of dread this season that everything is building to a tragic end that invalidates a lot of the progress these characters have made. And that's exactly what's intended, both by the book author and the showrunners. This story is a tragedy. There will be no satisfying cathartic end there was never intended to be one. 

It was clear by the end of the first season for me. Nobody got the shorter end of the stick than Ned and his "arc". Shamed, dishonored and abruptly executed in front of his own daughters. Rooting for anyone makes no sense. 

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1

Characters like Theon and Jaime should be grateful they even got some form of redemption no matter how minuscule

Somehow I don't think Jon will enjoy the same fate

5 minutes ago, Vini said:

Characters like Theon and Jaime should be grateful they even got some form of redemption no matter how minuscule

Somehow I don't think Jon will enjoy the same fate

Jon needs Redemption? :interesting:

27 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Jon needs Redemption? :interesting:

No I meant a somewhat satisfying conclusion to the arc. Every heroic character on this show met an ugly end

I just read a theory that would effectively undo all the criticism about the writing this season.

I'm not even gonna post it here because it seems too real I'll save you guys from being spoiled. 

Fucking amazing if it's real

23 minutes ago, Vini said:

I just read a theory that would effectively undo all the criticism about the writing this season.

I'm not even gonna post it here because it seems too real I'll save you guys from being spoiled. 

Fucking amazing if it's real

Nothing will redeem it for those who hate it because it doesn’t match the theory they bought into 2 years ago and the “slay queen” Dany stans

No one hates the show now because Danny turned out to be a mad queen, or that what they wanted to see didn't happen. It's just how it's handle, it could all have been great if it had been handled differently.

The writing is simply terrible now. What used to a be a smart, methodical, slow moving show with great build-off has degenerated in a dumpster fire. At this point it's so dumb that I want them to go full retard and boy didn't they deliver with Episode 5. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And that forced fight with Euron and Jaimie. Lmfao, this is shlock, visually impressive shlock.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

You gotta feel for @madmaltese when you explain your position multiple times and shit like this still gets posted.

Can do nothing but sigh really.

I mean 40+ pages and somehow still can't understand the most basic of criticism. Even since this post nearly every post since is talking about how ppl who have issues with it are because of the 'dany turning' or because we believed 'fan theories'. 

And when the books are released and Dany turns into Mad Queen in that also and we possibly praise it there they will say we are hypocrites because they still somehow can't understand the value of the process.

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

Eh, I’m just enjoying the vids and memes. It’s like Lost all over again (I liked the Lost finale, but the criticisms were valid). 

The biggest difference for me with Lost was that the rage was all about theories and lore and all the unsolved mysteries and unanswered questions. While all that criticism is very valid the show never ever weakened their characters, in fact, in the finale they flat out just gave up with the mystery and focuses purely on staying loyal the the characters and giving the characters an incredible ending. Personally I still very much enjoyed Lost regardless of the horrible resolution to many narrative plots. 

https://entertainment.theonion.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-disappointed-with-how-qua-1834843021?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

‘Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons

Today 10:08am

LOS ANGELES—Saying their once-beloved viewers have lost much of their luster in recent years, Game Of Thrones showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff acknowledged Friday they have been frustrated with the way fans of the HBO series have declined in quality over the past few seasons. “During the show’s first couple of years, our viewers showed a lot of promise and challenged our assumptions about what a fan base could be,” Benioff told reporters, lamenting the fact that when Game Of Thrones moved past George R.R. Martin’s original source material, the show’s supporters began to lose coherence and now barely resemble the industry-defining audience they once were. “At this point, however, they’ve become a tired cliché. It’s hard to watch them lose everything that made us love them in the first place. Nothing they do makes any sense anymore, and it just seems like they want the show to be over with as quickly as possible. It’s pretty sad, to be honest.” At press time, Benioff and Weiss expressed regret that they failed to do more to prevent the fans from becoming so unbelievably shitty.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Ike said:

https://entertainment.theonion.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-disappointed-with-how-qua-1834843021?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

‘Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons

Today 10:08am

LOS ANGELES—Saying their once-beloved viewers have lost much of their luster in recent years, Game Of Thrones showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff acknowledged Friday they have been frustrated with the way fans of the HBO series have declined in quality over the past few seasons. “During the show’s first couple of years, our viewers showed a lot of promise and challenged our assumptions about what a fan base could be,” Benioff told reporters, lamenting the fact that when Game Of Thrones moved past George R.R. Martin’s original source material, the show’s supporters began to lose coherence and now barely resemble the industry-defining audience they once were. “At this point, however, they’ve become a tired cliché. It’s hard to watch them lose everything that made us love them in the first place. Nothing they do makes any sense anymore, and it just seems like they want the show to be over with as quickly as possible. It’s pretty sad, to be honest.” At press time, Benioff and Weiss expressed regret that they failed to do more to prevent the fans from becoming so unbelievably shitty.

:D 

Look at these idiots uploading pussified versions of the last episode where Dany "accidentally" kills civilians. 

Fuck that shit she snapped and saw red. Burned the whole city and made Cercei watch. 

19 hours ago, Vini said:

Look at these idiots uploading pussified versions of the last episode where Dany "accidentally" kills civilians. 

Fuck that shit she snapped and saw red. Burned the whole city and made Cercei watch. 

It is still strange how they never showed her face once she went “mad”

we shall see how this all plays out. 

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Me too lol. My expectations are, at least, in check lol. 

Mine too lol.

As sad as it is when a loved one is kidnapped and later found brutally murdered.. at least then there is closure.  Tonight will be the same. :[

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic