[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

The more I think about the meeting in that gazebo, the sillier it becomes.

So, Greyworm was slashing soldiers throats in the streets because it was a direct order from the queen that he serves to kill the enemies.  Jon stab the very queen that gave him that order, the ultimate betrayal. So Greyworm is like "I'm gonna jail you for MONTHS while the head of the families come over here and figure this out!!!!" (Mind you, at that meeting, Greyworm said that Jon Snow is his prisoner implying nobody could object to what he decided, so why imprison him for a long time to begin with?).

Greyworm tells Tyrion to shut up, but a couple of minutes later Tyrion is giving a TED talk.

That gazebo scene literally felt like the writers realized there was 20 minutes left, they needed to wrap shit up now. "Yeah, alright let's make Bran the king, huh what's that she wants to stay independent, uh ok."

• Haha 1
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

lol they actually made Bran King. Part blown away at how stupid the implications are given everything surrounding what it means (that Bran literally let every event unfold and hundreds of thousands die just so he could be king) and part disappointed they didn't have some scene to fully acknowledge it lol. The council scene was also laughably bad too but oh well. 

Some good stuff too though. The obvious Dany/Dragon shot. Brienne completing Jamie's story was excellent and the conversation at the table at the end with Tyrion and the advisors was excellent. 

Overall it was a super neat ending. Everything tied up and a much happier ending than I ever could've imagined. Not at all the Game of Thrones ending I would've ever predicted. All starks survive and all become rulers or get what they want to a certain extent. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

It also looks like they are going for some type of democracy where the next king is chosen based on votes?

Basically the electoral college of elite lords choosing who the king is after the current one dies or gets voted out I guess. 

I like how Samwell brought up the idea of true representative democracy and everyone laughed him off lmao

Edited by Vini
7 hours ago, Vini said:

Dany turning evil really broke people lmao

A female friend of mine stopped watching once Dany died. She was already pissed about the evil aspect, but the death part was too much for her. It’s hilarious! 

LOL, I still don't see anybody actually talking about what they liked about the finale.

They just say that "its wrapped up" as if that's the best compliment that they can give it. :drake:

Spending more time trying to talk about people who are "triggered" than they actually do about the episode that they supposedly enjoyed.

Pretty much ended like this:

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

A female friend of mine stopped watching once Dany died. She was already pissed about the evil aspect, but the death part was too much for her. It’s hilarious! 

It's pretty obvious when these people are complaining about writing what they are really upset about

Apparently woke ideology hasn't effected GoT and it's upsetting to these people. It's not that Danys turn was building for years it's that men wrote it and made her too emotional. 

Art is dead apparently all these people look for is representation

Edited by Vini

Eh I'm not left feeling as ripped off as I did for most of this season. Bran the broken though :tom: what a name. Become King and let everyone take the piss out of you.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you know they're running out of ways to defend the show when they start relying on their alt-right talking points.:lawl:

Oh here it comes.. I noticed the verge review of the final episode made mention of "White people" in the opening paragraph. There's the far left talking point!