[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, this post suure doesn't read like a butthurt bitch wrote it :mj: 

:rofls: 

See we do agree on something .... it does read like a butthurt bitch... because my post described your butthurt bitch behavior :rofls:

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Vini said:

Really good Reddit post about the last episode, top of Reddit right now

Agreed with that. First thing I said, it’s absolutely in line with what I think GRRM would do. He would obviously have laid the path to get there a lot better but it makes sense and they did lay groundwork

Dany has been burning people alive for ages. She has desensitised to it. This was always a contrast to one of the first scenes of the show “the man who passes the sentence must swing the sword”

She got treated as a liberator in the East. But she was always advised  the small folk in Westeros don’t care what lord sits the iron throne. She came to Westeros and didn’t garner support. Which doesn’t bode well for somebody developing a god complex

Shes always had smarter people advising her until now, and the debate has always been “fire and blood” or diplomacy. She actually tried that multiple times with Cersei who then killed her best friend and dragon

She had a fairly legitimate reason to hate all of Westeros for what they had done to her family

”Waking the dragon” and Targaryen insanity is pretty well established. 

But ultimately the show has always been about shades of grey in war and they totally showed that with the Northmen and Dany in this episode who went full heel turn in the bloodlust. Two factions who have always been good - Dany has always been comically, unrealistically pure for the standards of the show. 

I also forgot the ruined red keep vision in what looked like snow but we now know to be ashes. D&D have their faults but I think they’ve known this would happen for a longgg time and have built towards it

Edited by Voidler
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Jon kills Dany and Arya kills Drogon. Or the reverse. Each of them are getting a kill, though, is my guess.

At this point I’d prefer them to take the L and go back north. My feeling is the seven kingdoms have gotten the leader they deserve now. She is also too OP and already showed awareness and fear of assassination in the last ep

Let Dany rule the ashes

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

At this point I’d prefer them to take the L and go back north. My feeling is the seven kingdoms have gotten the leader they deserve now. She is also too OP and already showed awareness and fear of assassination in the last ep

Let Dany rule the ashes

i could totally see this happening. a lot of people (well, my female friends) wanted to see Dany on the throne. it would be interesting it happens, even though every one of my female friends hate Dany now :D 

27 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Agreed with that. First thing I said, it’s absolutely in line with what I think GRRM would do. He would obviously have laid the path to get there a lot better but it makes sense and they did lay groundwork

Dany has been burning people alive for ages. She has desensitised to it. This was always a contrast to one of the first scenes of the show “the man who passes the sentence must swing the sword”

She got treated as a liberator in the East. But she was always advised  the small folk in Westeros don’t care what lord sits the iron throne. She came to Westeros and didn’t garner support. Which doesn’t bode well for somebody developing a god complex

Shes always had smarter people advising her until now, and the debate has always been “fire and blood” or diplomacy. She actually tried that multiple times with Cersei who then killed her best friend and dragon

She had a fairly legitimate reason to hate all of Westeros for what they had done to her family

”Waking the dragon” and Targaryen insanity is pretty well established. 

But ultimately the show has always been about shades of grey in war and they totally showed that with the Northmen and Dany in this episode who went full heel turn in the bloodlust. Two factions who have always been good - Dany has always been comically, unrealistically pure for the standards of the show. 

I also forgot the ruined red keep vision in what looked like snow but we now know to be ashes. D&D have their faults but I think they’ve known this would happen for a longgg time and have built towards it

#Facts

54 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i could totally see this happening. a lot of people (well, my female friends) wanted to see Dany on the throne. it would be interesting it happens, even though every one of my female friends hate Dany now :D 

I actually like her WAY more. It took to the 11th hour to make her an interesting character but they did it 

Just now, Voidler said:

I actually like her WAY more. It took to the 11th hour to make her an interesting character but they did it 

that "bend the knee" crap was kind of annoying last season. but yeah, the bitch has balls. 

There is zero doubt this was GRRM's end game for Dany (her turn to villain and mad queen), I mean we all said it before this ep and since the start of the season it's been obv this will go to a jon v dany route. However the execution in the show was horrible. Rushed and unearned. 

It's a lesson in execution being far more important than the outcome. I have no doubt GRRM will do it a million times better.

I don't really get the praise for it being unexpected because it was the most expected thing ever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There is zero doubt this was GRRM's end game for Dany (her turn to villain and mad queen), I mean we all said it before this ep and since the start of the season it's been obv this will go to a jon v dany route. However the execution in the show was horrible. Rushed and unearned. 

It's a lesson in execution being far more important than the outcome. I have no doubt GRRM will do it a million times better.

I don't really get the praise for it being unexpected because it was the most expected thing ever. 

How can it be expected and rushed at the same time?:jordan3:

Hate to say it but imo nearly everything in that ep was bad from an execution point of view. Like downright, objectively, horrible writing bad. Look at my posts after each ep, I've said I enjoyed every single one regardless of issues. This one, was so poor I was totally out of it while watching. 

The show just breaks it's own rules over and over again. Rules that were dumb to set to begin with. I'm all for mindless fun but it's still to an extent. This was beyond comic book hero crap.

Last ep you set the rule that the Scorpions are DEADLY to dragons. A scorpion killed Rhaegal and he got hit multiple times. 

Now in the very next episode. A single dragon destroys endless amounts of scorpions and ships without a scratch. Not to mention last ep you somehow establish that Dany can't just go head first and destory all those ships becuase of the threat of the scorpions then this ep you do that a million fold.

The Dany turn into 'mad queen' was so rushed and poorly executed. They actually had a million opportunities to do it half well, even with these 6 eps but the way they did it was horrific. You can't even argue that it was 'waking the dragon' or Targaryen rage because they literally start the ep with Dany sulking and 'hasn't ate anything' after the events of last ep. Wtf. The turn felt so forced and unnatural. Even just small switching in events could've made things better. Have Rhagael die in THIS battle via scorpion, near when the bells were being rung. Then have actual Targaryen rage and anger. Anger being an uncontrollable reaction to then torch King's Landing. This method of Rheagal death in laughable circumstances which are totally invalidated the next ep then Dany sulking then Dany just deciding to kill all the innocent ppl 'because', simply wasn't natural writing. 

Tyrion.... dear lord Tyrion.... You've spent the entire season showing his unconditional loyalty to Dany in adverse to all the obvious things. You then take it to a whole new level this episode when Tyrion is SO LOYAL TO DANY he not only doesn't agree with Varys but betrays Varys, exposes his 'treason' to Dany, witnesses his execution for Treason and THEN, IN THE VERY NEXT SCENE, (after you have just spent all that time establishing 'TYRION IS LOYAL TO DANY'), you have Tyrion commit treason :biggrin: It's literally laughably bad. I was legit laughing. It's like two polar opposite ppl wrote 2 scenes.

Euron...omg Euron. After building him up you have him magically appear at the super secret entrance to the Keep at the second to fight........Jamie... Jamie. LMAO wot. In the most anticlimatic and pointlessly forced fight ever, the absolute 'badass' then fights Jamie who really couldn't give af and actually loses to a one arm Jamie. It was one of the most random, strangest fights I've seen on the show.

Now finally, to the worst of all...........Jamie. No death in GoT will be as bad as how badly Jamie's character arc got murdered :biggrin: You have an arc that is arguably better than Theon's and then with one line last ep actually invalidate seasons worth of progress where Jamie just decides to return to Cersei........because...because that's what he does. He then literally regresses to season 1, ep1 Jamie. So quite literally in the space of 2 episodes, Jamie turns back 7 seasons of a character arc. Again, no one is questioning the endgame. You want Jamie to return to original Jamie is fine. But there is a process the same way there was a process to turn the redemption arc for him. You don't just write a line, flip a switch and now was have S1 E1 Jamie back in S8 E5. It was ridiculous. 

On top of that you have newly established bad ass, MVP, best warrior Arya (you set all those rules in ep3) be completely and utterly useless in this battle. Like in any way. In fact, she forces a family to leave hiding for them to literally die the next scene because they left :biggrin:

Thankfully the Hound/Arya moment was excellent.

Best moment of the episode: Qyburn's 1 second instant death haha loved it.

So yeah as I said previously, they no doubt had the final beats from GRRM after the book material finished but had to fill the gaps themselves and this season has all been plot devices to get to the end which is without a shadow of a doubt, Jon kills Dany. Predicted it prior to this ep but there is zero doubt now. Who sits the Iron Throne I'm not too sure cause I don't think Jon would take it after killing Dany. 

• Like 1

Back to Jamie because really, it was so fucking bad and I forgot to mention some stuff.

His conversation with Tyrion was horrific. When Tyrion is begging him to help save the innocent ppl at KL and he says 'I never really cared about them'

Excuse me, what? Again you are completely invalidating everything. 

In what was the peak of Jamie's character development a few seasons back and we get intimate details and his own personal view of the 'Kingslayer' story. His own words where he reveals he cared so much about those innocent ppl that you couldn't stand idly by and watch the Mad King kill them, that he had to betray his role and kill him.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Hate to say it but imo nearly everything in that ep was bad from an execution point of view. Like downright, objectively, horrible writing bad. Look at my posts after each ep, I've said I enjoyed every single one regardless of issues. This one, was so poor I was totally out of it while watching. 

The show just breaks it's own rules over and over again. Rules that were dumb to set to begin with. I'm all for mindless fun but it's still to an extent. This was beyond comic book hero crap.

Last ep you set the rule that the Scorpions are DEADLY to dragons. A scorpion killed Rhaegal and he got hit multiple times. 

Now in the very next episode. A single dragon destroys endless amounts of scorpions and ships without a scratch. Not to mention last ep you somehow establish that Dany can't just go head first and destory all those ships becuase of the threat of the scorpions then this ep you do that a million fold.

The Dany turn into 'mad queen' was so rushed and poorly executed. They actually had a million opportunities to do it half well, even with these 6 eps but the way they did it was horrific. You can't even argue that it was 'waking the dragon' or Targaryen rage because they literally start the ep with Dany sulking and 'hasn't ate anything' after the events of last ep. Wtf. The turn felt so forced and unnatural. Even just small switching in events could've made things better. Have Rhagael die in THIS battle via scorpion, near when the bells were being rung. Then have actual Targaryen rage and anger. Anger being an uncontrollable reaction to then torch King's Landing. This method of Rheagal death in laughable circumstances which are totally invalidated the next ep then Dany sulking then Dany just deciding to kill all the innocent ppl 'because', simply wasn't natural writing. 

Tyrion.... dear lord Tyrion.... You've spent the entire season showing his unconditional loyalty to Dany in adverse to all the obvious things. You then take it to a whole new level this episode when Tyrion is SO LOYAL TO DANY he not only doesn't agree with Varys but betrays Varys, exposes his 'treason' to Dany, witnesses his execution for Treason and THEN, IN THE VERY NEXT SCENE, (after you have just spent all that time establishing 'TYRION IS LOYAL TO DANY'), you have Tyrion commit treason :biggrin: It's literally laughably bad. I was legit laughing. It's like two polar opposite ppl wrote 2 scenes.

Euron...omg Euron. After building him up you have him magically appear at the super secret entrance to the Keep at the second to fight........Jamie... Jamie. LMAO wot. In the most anticlimatic and pointlessly forced fight ever, the absolute 'badass' then fights Jamie who really couldn't give af and actually loses to a one arm Jamie. It was one of the most random, strangest fights I've seen on the show.

Now finally, to the worst of all...........Jamie. No death in GoT will be as bad as how badly Jamie's character arc got murdered :biggrin: You have an arc that is arguably better than Theon's and then with one line last ep actually invalidate seasons worth of progress where Jamie just decides to return to Cersei........because...because that's what he does. He then literally regresses to season 1, ep1 Jamie. So quite literally in the space of 2 episodes, Jamie turns back 7 seasons of a character arc. Again, no one is questioning the endgame. You want Jamie to return to original Jamie is fine. But there is a process the same way there was a process to turn the redemption arc for him. You don't just write a line, flip a switch and now was have S1 E1 Jamie back in S8 E5. It was ridiculous. 

On top of that you have newly established bad ass, MVP, best warrior Arya (you set all those rules in ep3) be completely and utterly useless in this battle. Like in any way. In fact, she forces a family to leave hiding for them to literally die the next scene because they left :biggrin:

Thankfully the Hound/Arya moment was excellent.

Best moment of the episode: Qyburn's 1 second instant death haha loved it.

So yeah as I said previously, they no doubt had the final beats from GRRM after the book material finished but had to fill the gaps themselves and this season has all been plot devices to get to the end which is without a shadow of a doubt, Jon kills Dany. Predicted it prior to this ep but there is zero doubt now. Who sits the Iron Throne I'm not too sure cause I don't think Jon would take it after killing Dany. 

14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Back to Jamie because really, it was so fucking bad and I forgot to mention some stuff.

His conversation with Tyrion was horrific. When Tyrion is begging him to help save the innocent ppl at KL and he says 'I never really cared about them'

Excuse me, what? Again you are completely invalidating everything. 

In what was the peak of Jamie's character development a few seasons back and we get intimate details and his own personal view of the 'Kingslayer' story. His own words where he reveals he cared so much about those innocent ppl that you couldn't stand idly by and watch the Mad King kill them, that he had to betray his role and kill him.

It's so fucking bad :tom: 

It literally was a case of... we want to be done with this show and move onto other deals we got because of it. (Star Wars)  HBO wanted to give these fucks as much money and time as they could have wanted... but instead they chose to finish in 8 seasons and cut the number of eps down.

You're exactly right... it's not the outcome that is the problem... it's how they are getting the characters to the points they are which is absolutely atrocious and rushed as fuck.  It's like when people were hating on me for the way Arya was just magically where the NK was and managed to kill him.  It's not how she could have done it... it's how they presented it.  They aren't taking the proper time to let anything happen and having things happen more naturally.  We see Jamie in chains, Tyrion and him and their moment... and then when we see him again, in the next scene he's wandering the streets of KL.. like... fuck off.  They aren't giving anything the proper time to happen, giving the characters the proper space to get them where they need to be.. both physically, and emotionally.

6 episodes... two of the biggest battles ever within 2 eps of each other... tons of retarded decisions... it's all half baked.

And Jon definitely won't take the throne... he wouldn't take it even before...  It's going to be either Bran or fucking Sansa LMAO

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

This pic pretty much sums up my thoughts.

iwe8qyqvm0y21.jpg

Honestly I think the disagreement comes in here. I don't mind a rushed third act of the show. 

Also you're gonna hate this take but I thought the send-off of Jaime and Cercei together was perfect. They came into the world together and went out the same. 

I think Jaime claiming that he doesn't care about people was exxagerrated because he was trying to save Breanne from having feelings for him after he left. He was lying to her. At least that's how I saw it

I have more thoughts about your take I will respond later when I'm not on my phone. 

Edited by Vini
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic