[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And Jon definitely won't take the throne... he wouldn't take it even before...  It's going to be either Bran or fucking Sansa LMAO

Yeah I don't think Jon will take it anymore but he is definitely going to be the one to kill Dany. He literally hasn't even had a 'moment' this season yet so it has to come in the finale. 

Regarding who takes it, I don't think it will be Sansa because I think she'd prefer to stay at Winterfell and cares about the North more than the 7 Kingdoms.

Bran becoming the king would be fucking hilarious because it would literally mean that he knew all along and has let all these things unfold, including the death of tens of thousands of innocents just so he could be King :biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah I don't think Jon will take it anymore but he is definitely going to be the one to kill Dany. He literally hasn't even had a 'moment' this season yet so it has to come in the finale. 

Regarding who takes it, I don't think it will be Sansa because I think she'd prefer to stay at Winterfell and cares about the North more than the 7 Kingdoms.

Bran becoming the king would be fucking hilarious because it would literally mean that he knew all along and has let all these things unfold, including the death of tens of thousands of innocents just so he could be King :biggrin:

that would be hilarious.

10 minutes ago, Vini said:

Honestly I think the disagreement comes in here. I don't mind a rushed third act of the show. 

Also you're gonna hatenthis take but I thought the send-off of Jaime and Cercei together was perfect. They came into thenworld together and went out the same. 

I think Jaime claiming that he doesn't care about people was exxagerrated because he was trying to save Breanne from having feelings for him after he left. He was lying to her

It's fine to rush if you still respect the work done in the past 7 seasons. Rushing that invalidates that is very bad because you not only end up with a rushed ending but also a whole pointless 7 years of storytelling. 

For eg, with Jamie in particular, it quite literally is throwing out 7 years of character arc. If you were to rewatch GoT again, every ep leading up with S8E4 is now irrelevant.

I don't hate your view of liking the Jamie send off, like I said I have no problem with them dying together. But there is a method to get there that doesn't invole  complete character 180. He could've left Brienne and been harsh to avoid her missing him cause he knew he was gonna die, then coud've went to KL and met up with cersei and then, with them establishing that he was bleeding out, still have Jamie redeem is character arc by killing her while kissing her and then them dying in each others arms, or anything like that.

Also the claim of Jamie not caring about the ppl was to Tyrion in this episode. I'm not referring to anything he said to Brienne last ep. It is in complete contradiction to the entire story of 'Kingslayer' as told personally by Jamie in the most intimate of moments (meaning he wasn't lying). It's shit writing dude. I get being fine with how it ends, but there is gigantic faults to get there, faults that do ruin previous extremely good story telling because the only defence to this ep is to say that everything Jamie has said past S1 was a lie and he was faking it. Which is even worse than suggesting they totally botched the Jamie ending.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

"You will never walk again, Bran."

You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.

:tom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

that would be hilarious.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"You will never walk again, Bran."

You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.

:tom:

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he became King then hops out of his wheelchair and turns into a WWE heel and exclaims:

'GOTCHA MOTHERFUCKERS! Who's King now Bitches!!!'

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's fine to rush if you still respect the work done in the past 7 seasons. Rushing that invalidates that is very bad because you not only end up with a rushed ending but also a whole pointless 7 years of storytelling. 

For eg, with Jamie in particular, it quite literally is throwing out 7 years of character arc. If you were to rewatch GoT again, every ep leading up with S8E4 is now irrelevant.

I don't hate your view of liking the Jamie send off, like I said I have no problem with them dying together. But there is a method to get there that doesn't invole  complete character 180. He could've left Brienne and been harsh to avoid her missing him cause he knew he was gonna die, then coud've went to KL and met up with cersei and then, with them establishing that he was bleeding out, still have Jamie redeem is character arc by killing her while kissing her and then them dying in each others arms, or anything like that.

Also the claim of Jamie not caring about the ppl was to Tyrion in this episode. I'm not referring to anything he said to Brienne last ep. It is in complete contradiction to the entire story of 'Kingslayer' as told personally by Jamie in the most intimate of moments (meaning he wasn't lying). It's shit writing dude. I get being fine with how it ends, but that is gigantic faults to get there, faults that do ruin previous extremely good story telling because the only defence to this ep is to say that everything Jamie has said past S1 was a lie and he was faking it. Which is even worse than suggesting they totally botched the Jamie ending.

I don't think any of this botched his ending. To me the turning point of Jaime's character was when his hand got cut off, he became a more sympathetic character. I don't think he particularly loves people he's probably mostly a sociopath like his sister but a much more self reflective more forgiving sociopath. 

I can't speak to his true motivations for stopping the mad King but he didn't seem to have any problems throwing a child to his death after all that 

The only issues I have with this season so far are the writing goofs that you pointed out already like the sudden impotence of those scorpions after the aimbot in episode 4 and Arya's inability to fight in episode 5 after she was throwing zombies around in episode 3. Stuff like that maybe knocks like half a point off for me.

All the arcs have been on point, loving the visuals and don't mind the pace at all. Honestly this season is already much better than 7 for me. Nothing beats 6 tho

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

I don't think any of this botched his ending. To.me the turning point of Jaime's character was when his hand got cut off, he became a more sympathetic character. I don't think he particularly loves people he's probably mostly a sociopath like his sister but a much more self reflective more forgiving sociopath. 

I can't speak to his true motivations for stopping the mad King but he didn't seem to have any problems throwing a child to his death after all that 

The only issues I have with this season so far are the writing goofs that you pointed out already like the sudden impotence of those scorpions after the aimbot in episode 4 and Arya's inability to fight in episode 5 after she was throwing zombies around in episode 3. Stuff like that maybe knocks like half a point off for me.

All the arcs have been on point, loving the visuals and don't mind the pace at all. Honestly this season is already much better than 7 for me. Nothing beats 6 tho

I honestly don't know how someone can love the 'Theon' arc which you said was one of the best arcs in a show ever (an arc actually respected) and then have no problem with Jamie's arc. They are literally examples of how an arc stays loyal to a character and how one just completely invalidates everything at the final hurdle. They are polar opposite in how they were handled. One handled brilliantly and respected everything prior and ends with the climax of that arc and the other just being thrown out the window for no apparent reason with no semblance of what came before.

You don't need to speak for his true motivations, we are given those. We are given which circumstance it took for him to finally leave and turn his back on his sister. All that info is given to us as Jamie is evolved. Then absolutely nothing to given to revert any of of it. Literally in chains, then kills Euron then dies with Cersei with zero implications of anything that has previously happened.

It didn't even serve as a 'surprise' or 'shock'. Served nothing really, other than have Jamie kill Euron because of whatever reason. 

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

y-bran-wont-be-on-the-iron-throne-an-int

ROFL :rofl: 

j9eueay8dyx21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

4x1tg8lz00y21.jpg

:D :D :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I honestly don't know how someone can love the 'Theon' arc which you said was one of the best arcs in a show ever (an arc actually respected) and then have no problem with Jamie's arc. They are literally examples of how an arc stays loyal to a character and how one just completely invalidates everything at the final hurdle. They are polar opposite in how they were handled. One handled brilliantly and respected everything prior and ends with the climax of that arc and the other just being thrown out the window for no apparent reason with no semblance of what came before.

You don't need to speak for his true motivations, we are given those. We are given which circumstance it took for him to finally leave and turn his back on his sister. All that info is given to us as Jamie is evolved. Then absolutely nothing to given to revert any of of it. Literally in chains, then kills Euron then dies with Cersei with zero implications of anything that has previously happened.

It didn't even serve as a 'surprise' or 'shock'. Served nothing really, other than have Jamie kill Euron because of whatever reason. 

I don't think it invalidates his arc at all though. At the end of the day he still loves Cercei more than anyone or anything else. That doesn't invalidate anything it's just a fact he can't control. 

It's not like he joined forces with Dany and helped slaughter people he just wanted nothing to do with anything other than making sure Cercei was ok. It's sweet and totally fitting for him. 

I'm not sure why you feel he got invalidated

1 minute ago, Vini said:

I don't think it invalidates his arc at all though. At the end of the day he still loves Cercei more than anyone or anything else. That doesn't invalidate anything it's just a fact he can't control. 

It's not like he joined forces with Dany and helped slaughter people he just wanted nothing to do with anything other than making sure Cercei was ok. It's sweet and totally fitting for him. 

I'm not sure why you feel he got invalidated

Bro, I don't know what to say other than I don't know what you're watching. 

'I don't think it invalidates his arc at all though. At the end of the day he still loves Cercei more than anyone or anything else.'

That's not true though He loves her but we have already reached the level in the story and his character where something was more important, where he turns his back on her and 'betrays' her. Walks out on her. That's already been done and established. It took 6/7 years to get Jamie to that point, for a very well earned decision for him to finally say enough is enough to Cersei. 

'It's not like he joined forces with Dany and helped slaughter people he just wanted nothing to do with anything other than making sure Cercei was ok'

Again that's not even close to what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Jamie's own words in this ep's scene with Tyrion are in total, polar opposite and pure contradiction to his own words when telling the Kingslayer story to Brienne a few seasons back.

That scene is the pinnacle of the Jamie arc. Compare that to this ep's 'I never really cared about those ppl' Jamie.

Come on man. It invalidates and ruins these amazing scenes and moments.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

'I don't think it invalidates his arc at all though. At the end of the day he still loves Cercei more than anyone or anything else.'

That's not true though He loves her but we have already reached the level in the story and his character where something was more important, where he turns his back on her and 'betrays' her. Walks out on her. That's already been done and established. It took 6/7 years to get Jamie to that point, for a very well earned decision for him to finally say enough is enough to Cersei. 

'It's not like he joined forces with Dany and helped slaughter people he just wanted nothing to do with anything other than making sure Cercei was ok'

I'm saying that Jamie's own words in this ep's scene with Tyrion are in total, polar opposite and pure contradiction to his own words when telling the Kingslayer story to Brienne a few seasons back.

That scene is the pinnacle of the Jamie arc. Compare that to this ep's 'I never really cared about those ppl' Jamie.

kyna3necs2y21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Oh please, one line to his brother doesn't invalidate a whole arc. He's talking shit like he always does, he did the same with Breanne

If the claim is he ended up where he began in the show just because he walked away from Breanne and told Tyrion he doesn't care about people that's just ridiculous. 

Edited by Vini

S3 Jamie dialogue:

'Tell me if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?!

....then when the King turned to flee I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all' he kept saying, 'burn them all'. I don't think he expected to die, he expected to burn..with the rest of of us...and rise again. Reborn as a dragon and burn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen.'

S8 Jamie dialogue

'never really cared about those ppl anyway'

Yeah guys, the writing hasn't gone downhill at all. Still at the same level it's always been.

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

S3 Jamie dialogue:

'Tell me if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?!

....then when the King turned to flee I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all' he kept saying, 'burn them all'. I don't think he expected to die, he expected to burn..with the rest of of us...and rise again. Reborn as a dragon and burn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen.'

S8 Jamie dialogue

'never really cared about those ppl anyway'

Yeah guys, the writing hasn't gone downhill at all. Still at the same level it's always been.

Sounds to me like he saved himself and Cercei by killing the mad King

None of this tells me he came out as a saint 

On top of this you're referring to events before his arc even began in this show. Your cticicism of his arc is completely illogical. 

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

Oh please, one line to his brother doesn't invalidate a whole arc. He's talking shit like he always does, he did the same with Breanne

'One line' lol, please. It's literally his last words to his most beloved brother at the end of a character arc which is then followed up by actions to those words.

You're like fanboy level delusional.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

'One line' lol, please. It's literally his last words to his most beloved brother at the end of a character arc which is then followed up by actions to those words.

You're like fanboy level delusional.

Nah you're just nitpicking. It doesn't even make sense to consider the whole character ruined because of one line of dialogue. Now that's delusional. 

Edited by Vini
1 minute ago, Vini said:

Sounds to me like he saved himself and Cercei by killing the mad King

Nine of this tells me he came out as a saint 

I love how you think you're defending the show by actually trying to say it is one dimensional af. That's literally been your defence to all the criticism.

'There was never more to it', 'just a red herring', 'just one line', 'just saving himself', etc. I mean your defence is even worse than my criticism because at least I'm complimenting it in saying it's characters and writing had depth, you're legit saying it's just always been shallow, meaningless dribble. 

• Haha 1

Yikes, that soliloquy  from Jamie Lannister is much more complex and informational about the character and his thinking and motivations than anything I saw last night.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I love how you think you're defending the show by actually trying to say it is one dimensional af. That's literally been your defence to all the criticism.

'There was never more to it', 'just a red herring', 'just one line', 'just saving himself', etc. I mean your defence is even worse than my criticism because at least I'm complimenting it in saying it's characters and writing had depth, you're legit saying it's just always been shallow, meaningless dribble. 

No you're just reading way more into Jaime's character than was actually depicted. You're doing the same with the NK. The show can't live up to your made up expectations. 

And your criticism of Jaime's arc apperently has to do with what he did before his arc even began in the show when he killed the mad king. Which doesn't even make sense. 

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

No you're just reading way more into Jaime's character than was actually depicted. You're doing the same with the NK. The show can't live up to your made up expectations. 

And your criticism of Jaime's arc apperently has to do with what he did even before his arc began in the show when he killed the mad king. Which doesn't even make sense. 

You're entering levels of downright stupidity. 'Before his arc even begun' :biggrin: What dumb shit are you saying. His character arc literally begins in E1 :biggrin:

You're literally the only person who somehow has been watching nothing for 8 years in regards to Jamie. I'm literally doing zero 'reading' into. Everything I have said is from the show and zero assumptions outside of it. 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yikes, that soliloquy  from Jamie Lannister is much more complex and informational about the character and his thinking and motivations than anything I saw last night.

Helps when characters actually had thinking and motivations, unlike last night.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic