Sony officially gives PS5 details (Cerny himself)

I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 BC tech analysis would be the biggest tech spec that people view. Can the thing so anything past faster loading times and a boost mode? I doubt it. But people I think expect their old games to be locked at target FPS.

The value of old games being released from technical shackles would be amazing. Bloodborne with insta loading and locked framerate.

At the start of a gen BC is a huge value proposition.

Edited by Team 2019
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping for lots of power to kill switch support completely 

I literally can't find aliasing in Far Cry 5 on Xbox One X, and it's razor sharp IQ. 8K wouldn't do anything. 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 BC tech analysis would be the biggest tech spec that people view. Can the thing so anything past faster loading times and a boost mode? I doubt it. But people I think expect their old games to be locked at target FPS.

The value of old games being released from technical shackles would be amazing. Bloodborne with insta loading and locked framerate.

At the start of a gen BC is a huge value proposition.

Bloodborne doesn't really have framerate problems, it's frametime issues and that's not going to be corrected no matter how much compute you throw at it. 

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

36 compute units: 8.3TF
40 compute units: 9.2TF
44 compute units: 10.1TF
48 compute units: 11.1TF
52 compute units: 12.0TF
56 compute units: 12.9TF
60 compute units: 13.8TF
64 compute units: 14.7TF

What is this from?

2 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Bloodborne doesn't really have framerate problems, it's frametime issues and that's not going to be corrected no matter how much compute you throw at it. 

What is this from?

DF.

Also this thing, obviously just a rumour. Lockhart a pure streaming box outside some games?

N6jU8wF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

ynOTmAo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

S3NsIyO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

uR8uRQV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Lockhart is either a streambox or 1080p machine. It can't be both, it's one of the other. It either plays natively or streams.

The insiders are all over the place with this thing, they probably have no clue what it is. Brad Sams showed his complete technical inept when he said it would run stuff at 4K 60. Even though he leaked it.

Also where is the XCloud TV solution?

Edited by Team 2019
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

DF.

Also this thing, obviously just a rumour. Lockhart a pure streaming box outside some games?

N6jU8wF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

ynOTmAo_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

S3NsIyO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

uR8uRQV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

That is exactly what I said Anaconda and Lockhart would be, identical in every way with the exception of GPU compute and total RAM. One will be for 1080p+ (1440p) displays and the other for 4K displays running in identical graphical parity, and framerate parity with different resolution targeting. Also if the PS5 really is 8+ TF Sony is in a really bad position. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Lockhart is either a streambox or 1080p machine. It can't be both, it's one of the other. It either plays natively or streams.

The insiders are all over the place with this thing, they probably have no clue what it is. Brad Sams showed his complete technical inept when he said it would run stuff at 4K 60.

Also where is the XCloud TV solution?

I'm banking on it's a 1080p console, also they don't need a streaming device solution. The streaming solution is your Xbox One S, your phone, your tablet, your laptop, your PC, your Samsung TV (they're partnered) and possibly your Switch etc. They don't need to offer any kind of dedicated device for it. 

Sony's plan to give us a middle system is sound. I don't want to choose between a guaranteed discless 1080p tard pack and a premium system which would be the only realistic choice. But if that memory setup better make them price reduce that thing fast, no way 399 flies for three years straight this gen.

Price is both key, but also highly variable. The X is the same price as Pro no matter the power difference because it's DOA at 499.

PC ports day 1, XCloud and possibly Switch are going to hit XBox hardware sales outside the US big time. They're going to lose a segment of people that initially got a One on the expectation of pure exclusives and they know it.

8TF PS5 would be extremely disappointing... 

12GB RAM??

I can't believe that.  It's gotta have 16 available to devs for games + 4 for OS at least..

Really, MS' 4TF Lockhart makes sense as a 1080p device if they knew that Sony was targeting only around 8-9TF.  Anaconda will eat its lunch though at 12 or 13TF.

The DDR4/HBM rumour sounds like madness but it makes perfect sense pricewise, price reduction wise long trm, and lower power consumption is a huge plus for thermals.

Also GPU has access to 8 gigs of super fast RAM without the CPU eating into the bandwidth directly. Its not comparable to the XBox setup, on One all the RAM was bandwidth starved had to run through the EDRAM from what I know for the GPU.

It's a very interesting setup with potential, how the other 12 gigs will be handled god knows. But assuming devs don't even see it as split memory means it's worked out fairly well if it's a monolithic 20 gigs to devs.

Specwise this by far the most interesting rumour we have hardwarewise. After RT and SSDs got confirmed all we can do is argue tflops and price, this kinda throw a wrench in the whole thing. Especially if MS has a different memory setup, and question is what they do there.

At least it makes thing look a bit different than same shit with different clocks like people are expecting.

I'm an retard and even I worked out the rumour works.

Edited by Team 2019
22 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

8tf turd LOL Sony better not even 

Relax, Navi is rumoured to have insane performance gains in real performance to tflops which is are just a theoretical numbers.

It's possible a 4tflop Lockhart will outperform the 6tflop GPU in X. Rumour is a 30 CU Navi outperforms a Vega with double the CUs.

Edited by Team 2019
18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Relax, Navi is rumoured to have insane performance gains in real performance to tflops which is are just a theoretical numbers.

It's possible a 4tflop Lockhart will outperform the 6tflop GPU in X. Rumour is a 30 CU Navi outperforms a Vega with double the CUs.

Where you getting this from?

One thing I hope MS shows off this E3 is Halo with ray tracing. We kinda need to see what these Navi thing can pull off. I expect something simple like the Crytek demo but with a very low performance cost in comparison.

That's kinda my MS E3 hype. Maybe they'll go gay mode and show it off on a PC though.

45 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

One thing I hope MS shows off this E3 is Halo with ray tracing. We kinda need to see what these Navi thing can pull off. I expect something simple like the Crytek demo but with a very low performance cost in comparison.

That's kinda my MS E3 hype. Maybe they'll go gay mode and show it off on a PC though.

Speaking of that.  If Sony really does have their own hardware based RT solution, then that means they're likely going with a lesser amount of CUs.  I wonder if they're going to hit 1.8Ghz on the GPU as well?  I think 10TF might be reasonable if they have real hardware based RT acceleration.  Should perform quite well.