Sony officially gives PS5 details (Cerny himself)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping for lots of power to kill switch support completely 

I literally can't find aliasing in Far Cry 5 on Xbox One X, and it's razor sharp IQ. 8K wouldn't do anything. 

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Jason Schreier

@jasonschreier

Wow, Sony undercuts Microsoft with the first details on PS5, not coming in 2019 (who could've guessed...). I heard at GDC that one of the big PS5 marketing beats would be "no loading times" which Cerny confirms here.

Apparently not Aza :tom:

Not big on the ray tracing crap.

To me that means devs will continue to not give us 60FPS. They'll prioritize ray tracing for the marketting and we'll be stuck with 30FPS.

Though I wonder how easy it would be to just give the users the option at that point...play at 60 w/o RT or 30 with. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Not big on the ray tracing crap.

To me that means devs will continue to not give us 60FPS. They'll prioritize ray tracing for the marketting and we'll be stuck with 30FPS.

Though I wonder how easy it would be to just give the users the option at that point...play at 60 w/o RT or 30 with. 

Ray tracing will just be a marketing gimmick for the cross gen stuff like TLOU2 and Death Stranding

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Ray tracing will just be a marketing gimmick for the cross gen stuff like TLOU2 and Death Stranding

Literally everything devs have ever prioritzed with consoles says otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Casual is right though, when faced with prioritizing graphics over framerate developers tend to push visuals and fidelity more than FPS. Microsoft is kind of going the other way though, basically all of their games are 60 FPS now or seek to offer a mode for it so they might lead the charge at least on their platform and encourage it. 

1 minute ago, Nya` said:

Casual is right though, when faced with prioritizing graphics over framerate developers tend to push visuals and fidelity more than FPS. Microsoft is kind of going the other way though, basically all of their games are 60 FPS now or seek to offer a mode for it so they might lead the charge at least on their platform and encourage it. 

Cerny could just be blowing smoke up our ass, and at best we might get that Crytek vega56 level RT. Too many questions here.

GTA

53 minutes ago, Casual said:

https://pastebin.com/PY9vaTsR

So this thing is apparently spot on so far. 100%.

Bunch of other details in there. $500 launch with them taking a $100 loss.

SSD is 2tb

24gb ram with an additional 4 dedicated for OS

March 2020 or Novemer 2020, not determined.

Launches with TLOU2 Remaster (whcih means we're almost certainly getting TLOU2 this year), GT7, BF:BC3 and APPARENTLY GTA6

Yeah they'd win next-gen with that announcement alone.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Cerny could just be blowing smoke up our ass, and at best we might get that Crytek vega56 level RT. Too many questions here.

That's why them skipping out on E3 was kind of a dumb move in my opinion, they removed themselves from such a huge platform where they can talk about these things and explain them to the consumer base. I know they can host their own online thing and explain stuff but it doesn't have the same impact and it won't reach as many people. 

I'm probably still not getting the launch model. The system is usually pretty dull until around year 3 when the quality games start coming out and there's a console refresh. BC for PS4 games is enticing though just to upgrade now and those specs are great.

4 minutes ago, Nya` said:

That's why them skipping out on E3 was kind of a dumb move in my opinion, they removed themselves from such a huge platform where they can talk about these things and explain them to the consumer base. I know they can host their own online thing and explain stuff but it doesn't have the same impact and it won't reach as many people. 

You're expecting a serious MS reveal? I'm not so sure you're going to get much info about next gen outside of what's mostly been leaked about 2 models. No box, price, specs etc.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You're expecting a serious MS reveal? I'm not so sure you're going to get much info about next gen outside of what's mostly been leaked about 2 models. No box, price, specs etc.

I think they'll talk a lot about the capabilities without getting overly specific and harming themselves, they'd be smart to let Sony go first with the nitty gritty details and pricing. 

Just now, Nya` said:

I think they'll talk a lot about the capabilities without getting overly specific and harming themselves, they'd be smart to let Sony go first with the nitty gritty details and pricing. 

Basically a bunch of nothing from both sides. We need developer documentation leaks.

Even the Navi AMD reveal this month will offer more info.

I was fixing to say.  Sony is not at E3.

Microsoft then proceeds to boast how they're gonna have big announcements at E3.

Cerny just casually starts talking about the PS5 almost two full months before MS does.

LOL, if Microsoft responds, then they are going to diminish their E3 reveal. If Microsoft waits til the E3 reveal, Sony gets all this time and hype going on for their console.

Sony taking $100 loss means that they're serious.  Now I'm thinking to myself "Gee, that Gamestop $250 trade-in is still active, I wonder how long the trade-in value will stay at $200 and above"

I may need to prioritize and play as many PS4 games as I can from here til October/November. Trade it in for $200, and hope they launch the PS5 in March and pick that up for $300. Go back and finish any PS4 games and PSVR games that I hadn't played yet.

The good thing here is that Sony is taking a $100 loss for the right reasons.

Whereas on the PS3, they were taking a loss on the hardware for the wrong reasons.

If the 14 TFLOPS rumor is true, then Cerny is trying to put in the most optimum type of CPU, most cutting edge GPU that allows raytracing, and focusing on bandwidth from the storage drive to on-board memory.

Those components probably eat up the majority of the $500 cost. Wouldn't surprise me if Sony offers no change to the Dualshock at all. It may be PSVR2 ready, but it definitely won't come with those accessories. PSVR2 probably won't come until 2021-2022.