Sony officially gives PS5 details (Cerny himself)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping for lots of power to kill switch support completely 

I literally can't find aliasing in Far Cry 5 on Xbox One X, and it's razor sharp IQ. 8K wouldn't do anything. 

55 minutes ago, -GD- said:

$499 will be the new $399, much like how $399 (xbox 360/ps4) became the new $299 (ps2)

Inflation makes it only logical that it should be $499.

If you paid $399 for a console back in 2006, that's the same as paying $500 in today's money.

And I believe the GTA6 rumor because Rockstar has to prepare GTA6 the same way they did with last gen and GTA5.

There's too much money to be made. They have to make a version for these consoles sometime during 2019/2020, and then they're going to sell a next-gen version and get people to buy it again.

I almost think they had to push RDR2 out the door last year so that they can give themselves enough time to still release GTA6 during this gen. Would not surprise me if they release it in late 2019, or early 2020, but then have a marketing deal in which their next-gen upgraded version is only on PS4 for a limited time.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Inflation makes it only logical that it should be $499.

If you paid $399 for a console back in 2006, that's the same as paying $500 in today's money.

And I believe the GTA6 rumor because Rockstar has to prepare GTA6 the same way they did with last gen and GTA5.

There's too much money to be made. They have to make a version for these consoles sometime during 2019/2020, and then they're going to sell a next-gen version and get people to buy it again.

I almost think they had to push RDR2 out the door last year so that they can give themselves enough time to still release GTA6 during this gen. Would not surprise me if they release it in late 2019, or early 2020, but then have a marketing deal in which their next-gen upgraded version is only on PS4 for a limited time.

I can't see GTA 6 happening this gen.  It will be a next gen only game I'd assume.  Probably 3 years out still.  Why do people think they will release GTA6 so close after RDR2?  It just doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Sounds like 499 to me. That's dope though, especially if they're still taking a bit of a loss. 

These things are expected to last 6 years now, not willing to have it be obsolete less than halfway through that period for an extra 100 bucks. 

6 years?.... you will get another mid gen refresh by 2023

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I mean I don't count that because those refreshes were a joke (well, Pro was at least. X1X was good but you can't fix the software). I'm still using my launch PS4. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I can't see GTA 6 happening this gen.  It will be a next gen only game I'd assume.  Probably 3 years out still.  Why do people think they will release GTA6 so close after RDR2?  It just doesn't make sense.

Did you see the money Rockstar/Take Two made with making GTA5 for X360/PS3 and then making an up-port for PS4/XBO?

You think business executives are going to allow that same business potential to pass by them?

If they only release GTA6 for next-gen systems, its first week launch numbers aren't going to be a tenth of what they were in 2013.

Six months from now, they will be okay with truncating RDR2 sales to introduce something else.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Did you see the money Rockstar/Take Two made with making GTA5 for X360/PS3 and then making an up-port for PS4/XBO?

You think business executives are going to allow that same business potential to pass by them?

If they only release GTA6 for next-gen systems, its first week launch numbers aren't going to be a tenth of what they were in 2013.

Six months from now, they will be okay with truncating RDR2 sales to introduce something else.

RDR2 *IS* their GTA5 - current to next gen game.

GTA6 will be something much more.  These games will take time.  I doubt it's happening is all I'm saying.  Would be a lovely surprise though.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

These mid-gen systems were likely a one off fluke, this console generation came at a poor time correlating to television standard transition and how fast it came on. Can you imagine being in 2019 and playing on a base PS4 or Xbox One? There's not going to be a transition during the next console cycle, there's no reason for a mid-gen console to exist. 

Just now, Nya` said:

These mid-gen systems were likely a one off fluke, this console generation came at a poor time correlating to television standard transition and how fast it came on. Can you imagine being in 2019 and playing on a base PS4 or Xbox One? There's not going to be a transition during the next console cycle, there's no reason for a mid-gen console to exist. 

fluke or not.... Both MS and Sony made bank off them.  They will repeat it again without blinking twice. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

fluke or not.... Both MS and Sony made bank off them.  They will repeat it again without blinking twice. 

I highly doubt their margins were actually that great, and realistically they both are more than not comprised of existing owners rather than new. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

RDR2 *IS* their GTA5 - current to next gen game.

GTA6 will be something much more.  These games will take time.  I doubt it's happening is all I'm saying.  Would be a lovely surprise though.

They'll sell RDR2 up-ported for next-gen, as well.

I think, behind closed doors, Rockstar studios are on an all-hands-on-deck emergency mode right now to try and finish up GTA6 single-player before Spring 2020.

The business guys are like "we either need GTA6 released now......or we have to wait until there's 40 million PS5's in 2022-2023."

Xbox One X owners will buy a barebones single-player only GTA6 right now in 2019.

4 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I highly doubt their margins were actually that great, and realistically they both are more than not comprised of existing owners rather than new. 

its even more of a reason... getting double sales from the same customer + new. people. 

10 minutes ago, Nya` said:

But the NPD insiders said that this gen didn't see the decline mid gen previous did due to revisions.

Edited by Team 2019

My guess is, the console can do raytracing and 60fps at 1080p.

And it can do 4K and raytracing at lower framerate.

And then, in 2023-2024 they do a mid-gen refresh in which it can churn out 60fps and raytracing at 4K.

Just now, Goukosan said:

its even more of a reason... getting double sales from the same customer + new. people. 

That doesn't really help their margins though so the creation of them without necessity doesn't really make sense. Again as it's been established forever hardware isn't where they make money.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

But the NPD insiders said that this gen didn't see the decline mid gen previous did due to decline.

But it's still a decline if the same people are buying the hardware and not new people, but that can't be calculated by anyone but Sony and Microsoft. Also last gen lasted like 8 years.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

My guess is, the console can do raytracing and 60fps at 1080p.

And it can do 4K and raytracing at lower framerate.

And then, in 2023-2024 they do a mid-gen refresh in which it can churn out 60fps and raytracing at 4K.

Way too many people are confused by this. Ress, frame rate is a design choice. Not a hardware spec or ability.

Edited by Team 2019