Drinking diet coke caffeine free

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm drinking these. shit i drank yesterday, I noticed i've been drinking more and more, like i have a few beers almost every day now. bad habit, can't stop. 

Tastes like shit.   Water and black coffee are the only things worth drinking outside alcohol. 

pepsi    slobs

57 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

But they're still bad for you

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/artificial-sweeteners-may-change-our-gut-bacteria-in-dangerous-ways/

best thing ya fools can do is learn how to appreciate unsweetened tea and coffee. 

I said insulin.  Not blood sugar levels.  If you consume an artificial sweetener your body will release insulin but with no carbohydrate your blood sugar levels will not go up.  However if you consume a carbohydrate or a meat protein which has amino acids that are converted to glucose by insulin your blood sugar levels will go up.  So eating a steak with water very little insulin response very little to no increase of blood sugar level.  Eating a steak with a diet soda you have an insulin response and your blood sugar goes up.

46 minutes ago, bhytre said:

What the point of drinking it if you take away the stuff that makes it good.

Because, to my taste buds, byhtre, it doesn't taste that different. 

As for the caffeine part, I no longer consume caffeine in general I guess. It's toxic for the brain.

8 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Yes, I'm better off having 40 grams of sugar and 150 calories in a single can as opposed to 0 grams of sugar and 0 calories.

Yes, as long as you’re limiting yourself and counting your calories 

Your logic is the same line of thoughts 400lb whales use when chugging 4 litres of Diet Coke a day

It still spikes your insulin, causes increases in hunger and is

metabolised in a way that tricks your body into gaining fat

28 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Yes, as long as you’re limiting yourself and counting your calories 

Your logic is the same line of thoughts 400lb whales use when chugging 4 litres of Diet Coke a day

It still spikes your insulin, causes increases in hunger and is

metabolised in a way that tricks your body into gaining fat

I've read a bit about diet coke having side effects that lead to weight gain like hunger cravings, insulin, etc. i also tend to believe it based on personal experience.

However, I still think it's much, much better for you than drinking a regular coke. Yes it has a negative effect on weight but the real thing is much worse. 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

I've read a bit about diet coke having side effects that lead to weight gain like hunger cravings, insulin, etc. i also tend to believe it based on personal experience.

However, I still think it's much, much better for you than drinking a regular coke. Yes it has a negative effect on weight but the real thing is much worse. 

12 oz of orange juice has as much sugar as 12 oz of regular Coke.

Even Whole Milk has sugar.

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

When I was in my early teens and a bit of a teddy tuna I would smash cokes every day. Then I switched to Diet Coke and it made no difference to my weight. Probably gained more. Only after I cut all soda and swapped to water did I lose weight dramatically

Both are bad. If I have any soda these days I’ll just go for the real thing as an indulgence rather than having it as a regular daily drink

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

yeah don't expect the benefits of caffeine to kick-in to keep you up if you are drinking a caffeine-free drink.   :|

Jesus, if you go on a legit keto diet, you end up having more energy because your body is strictly burning fat for energy and nothing else.

When I started the diet, I thought my body would crash by midnight, and I'd be sleeping earlier. Hell no, I was fucking wired going into 3am in the morning. No sugar, no caffeine.

32 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

And? both are bad for you. 

40 grams of sugar is awful for your body. 

It isn't bad for you. Its addictive and causes a spike insulin.

That's the part that results in bad stuff happening. And the same thing can happen with artificial sweeteners.

Dude, there's extracted sugar used in biscuits. The problem is that we have extracted pure substances and implemented them into manufactured products. That was not common 100 years ago.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

It isn't bad for you. Its addictive and causes a spike insulin.

That's the part that results in bad stuff happening. And the same thing can happen with artificial sweeteners.

Dude, there's extracted sugar used in biscuits. The problem is that we have extracted pure substances and implemented them into manufactured products. That was not common 100 years ago.

Sugar has calories. I'm assuming you think 150 calories a can is healthy?  A 12-pack having 1,800 of empty calories as opposed to 0? 

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Sugar has calories. I'm assuming you think 150 calories a can is healthy?  A 12-pack having 1,800 of empty calories as opposed to 0? 

when you're insulin spike's, the food you will be eating will not be sending all calories to be burnt, but rather store them in fat cells. And then you will have cravings for more food after a short while, because your body is seeking more calories for energy.

You're creating a situation in which you're going to end up eating more calories, all because you want to continuously drink that zero-calorie soda. No matter what, you need to primarily drink water throughout the day.

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

when you're insulin spike's, the food you will be eating will not be sending all calories to be burnt, but rather store them in fat cells. And then you will have cravings for more food after a short while, because your body is seeking more calories for energy.

You're creating a situation in which you're going to end up eating more calories, all because you want to continuously drink that zero-calorie soda. No matter what, you need to primarily drink water throughout the day.

I didn't say diet coke was better than water. I said it was better than regular soda. 

6 hours ago, Bodycount ex-X said:

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I'm drinking these. shit i drank yesterday, I noticed i've been drinking more and more, like i have a few beers almost every day now. bad habit, can't stop. 

trust me just stop. don't start drinking every day :mjcry: 

smoke weed and then drink on the weekends

Edited by kaz