NBA/NHL Playoff Thread

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://streamable.com/9ek54  

>Implying Warriors fans won't just change bandwagons.  

Posted Images

Lmao Leafs.

Also jesus christ what a terrible call in the Vegas/SJS game. NHL got the worst refs in pro sports.

Dame is a fucking god. 

https://streamable.com/toofv

Finally, Raps are rollling right now. The starters are peaking on offense at the right time and the defense has been incredible. I'm still a little concerned about the bench...I don't love these Siakam + 4 bench guys lineups that Nurse has been going to but I hope that is just a combination of it being the first round still + OG out. Once OG comes back I'd like to see Meeks out of the rotation and ideally at least have 2 starters in at all times. 

Next series should be interesting but I'm expecting Raps to take it in 6. I think they just matchup too good against Philly, especially with Embiid not 100%. Gasol will do to him what he did to Vooch, barring the refs dicking us. We already know what happens to Simmons against the Raps. Philly doesn't have an answer to Siakam or Kawhi and JJ is a defensive liability. Not to mention they're the only team left with a worse bench than us. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a Raptor's fan, but I hope KL stays with the Raptors. It would keep a balance in the league in terms of east and west IMO, especially once KD goes to the Knicks. I doubt anyone is beating the Bucks this year though. They have everything you need to win a title, except for experience, but you have to start somewhere.

Just now, eastside49er said:

I'm not a Raptor's fan, but I hope KL stays with the Raptors. It would keep a balance in the league in terms of east and west IMO, especially once KD goes to the Knicks. I doubt anyone is beating the Bucks this year though. They have everything you need to win a title, except for experience, but you have to start somewhere.

Yeah, Bucks look strong.

I'm still optimistic. Raps shot like absolute ass for the entire series against Philly but we got a lot of undersized guys and Philly is really long. Bucks will probably give us more open looks than Philly did it's a matter of hitting them. Also, they're the underdogs so less pressure and all that. I'll still take Kawhi over Giannis. Hoping raps catch them off guard in game 1...long break for the bucks + they haven't really had to play any tight games these playoffs. Raps defense will give them problems if they're playing like they can. Hopefully OG can come back. 

Either way I just hope the raps make it a series...I'd be content with a 7 game series where they play well. Think that gives them enough to potentially keep Kawhi. 

On 2019-05-13 at 9:59 AM, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Lol that bounce 

Dat Angle :whew: 

I should note:  1st ever Buzzer Beater in a game 7, in NBA history.

Also, 18 years ago, 2nd rnd against the 76'ers, Del Curry (Steph's dad) inbounds it to Vince Carter - also a buzzer beater; but it hit the hoop and bounced way wide.

On 2019-05-14 at 6:07 PM, Casual said:

lmaooooo pelicans win the lottery. have fun in the fucking swamp zion.

fuck the knicks and fuck the lakers. 

^ This vid :rofls:

Also this clip of Knicks fans cheering when they find out the Lakers get the 4th pick... :roff: