NBA/NHL Playoff Thread

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://streamable.com/9ek54  

>Implying Warriors fans won't just change bandwagons.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

somehow they lead the league in point differential lol. but yeah youre right, and they dont even play any good teams until december. from what ive seen so far, they lack scoring depth. the lakers have 3 players that average double figures, while houston, denver, utah, and the clippers have 4-5. in the end, they still might be 1 piece away, unless lebron and ad go full kobe-shaq and average 30+ pg.

I’m just hoping AD can even stay healthy all season considering his shoulder seems to still give him occasional troubles. I think it might be time to start managing his loads with more frequency. 

I think you’re right though that in reality they may just be one essential piece short of the puzzle because the rockets and harden this season are looking absolutely deadly and I don’t have any confidence as of yet of Lakers coming out of a best of 7 Victorious against them in the post season. 

55 minutes ago, Delita said:

This lakers hawks game is just so damn bad. I imagine this is what it would look like if these lakers ever played a WNBA team.

They got their shooting stroke on point tonight. 

Sources: NBA considering reseeding conference finalists, postseason play-in

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28145944/sources-nba-considering-reseeding-conference-finalists-postseason-play-in

The NBA is engaged in serious discussions with the National Basketball Players Association and broadcast partners on sweeping, dramatic changes to the league calendar that would include a reseeding of the four conference finalists, a 30-team in-season tournament and a postseason play-in, league sources told ESPN.

These scenarios would come with the shortening of the regular season to a minimum of 78 games, league sources said.

Discussions are progressing with hopes of bringing a vote to the April meeting of the league's board of governors that would introduce some -- if not all -- of these proposals into the NBA's 75th anniversary season of 2021-22, league sources said. The NBA still has work to do coordinating with constituents on the myriad implications involving the proposed changes.

The reseeding of teams in the semifinal round based on regular-season record could give the NBA a championship series that includes its best two teams. The WNBA has been seeding teams in the playoffs without regard to conference for several seasons.

Commissioner Adam Silver has been driving this agenda of change -- especially the in-season tournament cup modeled after European soccer -- for years. The NBA is selling the idea of lucrative television and sponsorship revenue that would drive long-term growth and combat stagnation in a rapidly splintering consumer environment.

The play-in proposal is this: two four-team tournaments featuring the seventh, eighth, ninth and 10th seeds in each conference. The seventh seed would host the eighth seed, with the winner of that single game earning the seventh spot, league sources said.

The ninth seed would host the 10th seed, with the winner of that game facing the loser of the 7-vs.-8 matchup for the final playoff spot.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28148018/source-russell-westbrook-brother-gets-verbal-altercation-montrezl-harrell

please let these teams meet in the playoffs :tom: im not sure theres ever been 2 teams that deserve each other more

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, kokujin said:

Rockets going no where another season. 

I’ve predicted rockets to win for the past few years and they always choke. And I hate the rockets.

cabt imagine what it’s like being a rockets fan.

5 hours ago, Delita said:

I’ve predicted rockets to win for the past few years and they always choke. And I hate the rockets.

cabt imagine what it’s like being a rockets fan.

I think a good one just doesn't and can't care and watches buckets go in during the season and watches harden take 46 shots a game and calls it a good time. Adding Westbrook does not help their playoff play and maturity too lol. Enjoy the chaos