NBA/NHL Playoff Thread

whichever team Kawhi goes to are the early favourites. Everyone in the east that was a threat to Toronto got worse. Philly could be interesting depending how Horford gels. Gives them a bit of relief when Embiid is on the bench but they lose that guy that can just go get you a bucket. Scary defensively though. Bucks ownership are cheap fucks. Boston with Kemba could be interesting. If Kawhi is back on Toronto the east is theirs to lose. 

It will probably be the most balanced and competitive the league has been in a while either way. 

Edited by Casual
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://streamable.com/9ek54  

>Implying Warriors fans won't just change bandwagons.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Duu, stahp it. You scared me. I hope he still signs with the Lakers!!! 

Me too bro. I still think the Lakers are going to be quite good with AD+LBJ but those three together would be championship favorites.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

So Kawhi to the Clippers, and Danny Green to the Lakers. :feelsbadman:

I don't think anyone orgasmed at that. La should still be happy. GSW got nerfed. No good free agents late this year though?

Well I’m fucking depressed. Woke up at 5 to a fire alarm in my building and I see this shit. Just been sitting on my balcony since, can’t sleep at this point. 

Still hasnt quite hit. 

On one one he never asked to be here. He came and was professional and we ended up with a chip. Hard to hate on him going to the Clippers, I would have probably felt slightly different if he went to the Lakers. 

Just sucks cause the front office did basically everything right on this one for once. As a team the only real flaw is that we got a few older guys expiring next year but you gotta figure with the emergence of Siakam and assuming Kawhi stays that’s a pretty attractive landing spot for the type of talent you’d be needing to surround those guys with. Plus OG is a wildcard and could emerge as a very good player this year. You can run it back and then turn over the aging part of the roster. Paul George and the Clippers definitely provide more long term certainty, though I still think that strictly next year, Kawhi would have had a better chance with the Raps. Beyond that the Clippers are certainly more attractive though. 

Dont wanna get too down on the inability to keep a star player aspect since Kawhi is a little unique and had explicitly stated wanting to be in LA. But damn, really thought we had him after winning the finals. 

Wonder how much he actually considered Toronto. What happens if Clippers can’t get another star?

ah well. Itll be fun watching Siakam be the centrepiece next season. Should still be a competitive regular season team. Hopefully OG has a year. 

At this point I guess we’re running with Kyle, Norm, OG, Spicy, and Gasol. Not a terrible starting lineup. Bench is thin though. 

Edited by Casual

Is this the first time a superstar has left a team for another one right after he won a championship? 

Guy clearly isn't chasing titles no more. I mean he is but that's not his main goal like every player who plays the game. It's money and area of living first.