NBA/NHL Playoff Thread

3 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

Boston just scored to tie it 2-2

Little known fact: Jimmy's got his own version of Coach's Corner; fittingly called Jim's ꓘorner, and instead of wearing garish suits, he appears in various states of undress. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://streamable.com/9ek54  

>Implying Warriors fans won't just change bandwagons.  

Posted Images

I'm starting to think Leonard is going to stay with the raps after this season. The Lakers are seriously looking like a dumpster fire these days. 

12 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I'm starting to think Leonard is going to stay with the raps after this season. The Lakers are seriously looking like a dumpster fire these days. 

I don't think many people are afraid of losing him to the Lakers at this point. The Clippers are the team that's jumped out front as the potential non-Raptors team to land him in free agency.

On 2019-05-28 at 12:44 PM, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think many people are afraid of losing him to the Lakers at this point. The Clippers are the team that's jumped out front as the potential non-Raptors team to land him in free agency.

If he leaves it's all good tbh. Couldn't hate on the guy. Toronto winters suck these days...if I could play and live in Cali I'd be doing it too. Guy didn't ask to be traded here and we always knew it was a risk, he's given us the best season in Raptors history regardless of how the finals go. 

All that said, I really hope he stays and I feel like there's a solid chance. Raptors did everything they could and the team performed about as well as you could want. If his top priority is winning we're about the best chance, in an East conference where the other teams are likely to regress a little since they're going to lose a guy or two, and we'd likely be able to keep the same team next year + hopefully be healthier (OG would have been huge the last couple rounds).  After next year the raptors will have lots of expiring contracts + Siakam/OG/FVV in their prime, with Kawhi they'd be able to attract some bigger FAs. Kawhi can get his 20 games rest and still go in as a high seed and favourite in the east. Also nice that since we made the finals there's a chance he sees a couple days of half decent weather, maybe he'll forget that winter was 5 months (though i feel like this who thing is overblown...kawhi is rich and as a result most of the inconveniences of winter aren't things he needs to care about + he's on the road half the year).  

It's kinda surreal to think that there's even a chance we somehow get to have a top 2-3 player in the league for the next 5 years.