Looks like the next Xbox is gonna beat up ps5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude this sounds like the biggest load of fan fiction bullshit. Nobody with a working brain believes any of this. The best is that its more expensive, and has higher clocks and more ram. Thats it. Lem

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There's a very good chance that Sony knows what they are up against and wanted to get out ahead of it.  They're basically screaming "we have BC now, and it loads extremely fast! ...please don't go anywhere!" lol

But no.. people think it's some genius thing that Sony perfectly planned to execution :hest: 

It's going to be a great console for sure... but ALL the insiders are talking about MS' console being better.  Where there's smoke.. there's fire.  As for prices... Who knows what kind of deals each have going on, as well as the ultimate size of their memory pools and storage.  Who knows what the DS5 will cost Sony to make compared to the X2 controller... ect ect.  Nor do we really know the amount that each company is willing to lose on each console sold...  Maybe MS is willing to take more of a loss on Anaconda consoles because they'll have Lockhart sales which will do better for them?

We don't fucking know.. and who cares at this point.  The potential of both consoles is what's more interesting.. and we're getting a much clearer picture now where they're going to fall than before.

I think the reason Sony went first is because people NEED to know they have BC at this point hurts brand confidence. Also if they revealed after MS that they have an SSD and RT, sounds a bit like #metoo.

If MS can outspec the PS5 at the same price or vice versa. That's major ownage. PS4/One style.

If they come out at different specs with different prices, it's just different pricing and power tiers. Which will just end with people jjustifying why they will pay X or Y why for tier Z. Or why they don't care etc

I also agree.with Remij SSD might be the biggest difference between current and next gen. Also we are far off each can change some of the stuff the last minute ala 256 megs for 360 or 4 gig.PS4

Edited by Team 2019
22 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Shu and Ted Price just did an interview hyping machine learning in game development.

Wonder if that means MLSS/DLSS is now pretty much guaranteed for next gen?

No.. that in no way means anything is guaranteed.  Machine learning has many applications within game development.  Asset creation, game AI training, code efficiency, and compression to name a few.. there's many others though.  It's going to have a huge affect on game development in the future.  Reducing budgets and dev time, as well as distribution costs.  Those are the implications of what ML can do for game development.  That has no bearing to say whether or not the console will have dedicated hardware to accelerate ML code...  Of course, it's entirely possible, and there's a good chance they will have their own solution for inferring higher resolution images from lower resolution samples in some way.. or even some new use that we can't even fathom.. but the prospects of how it can help development far outweigh what we would see with DLSS or MLSS.

Also with Sony stealing the reveal hype of SSD instant loading and Ray Tracing. Means MS might up their E3 game. They can't just show those two things, and call it a day. We're 5 weeks away, going to be interesting what MS will show, I think this will push them a bit further. Better not focus on fucking XCloud.

Edited by Team 2019
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Also with Sony stealing the reveal hype of SSD instant loading and Ray Tracing. Means MS might up their E3 game. They can't just show those two things, and call it a day. We're 5 weeks away, going to be interesting what MS will show, I think this will push them a bit further. Better not focus on fucking XCloud.

Reveal hype lol? These things were already speculated. 

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We're 7 weeks away.

Anyway, at computex we'll find out what AMD's Navi architecture is capable of in the PC space, and it's reasonable to expect some little alterations and advancements specific to the consoles.  The questions will begin to be answered soon enough.

I'm honestly just really excited about the whole SSD super high bandwidth bus they've got.  Whether that's PCIe4.0 or 5.0.  I didn't even really think about what that could possibly mean because I honestly didn't expect such a future looking solution regarding storage.  I thought they'd go with a SATA 2.5 SSD at best and focus on capacity.  This is pleasantly surprising.

11 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Reveal hype lol? These things were already speculated. 

Pastebin leak with grammatical errors Vs Cerny directly confirming?

Also everyone was doubting SSDs, Digital Foundry and Jason Schrier heard about SSDs at GDC and zero load time marketing and dismissed them because they thought it would be too expensive.

As for hardware accelerated RT, almost no one expected it. We all thought it was just some PR move till the ND wrist confirmed it.