3DMark - Fire Strike Challenge

Looking at that Game mode benchmark I think I might have to rerun that test again.  Notice the RAM is not clocked at 2999 Mhz like the other benchmarks.   I must have forgot to set that as it keeps defaulting to a rate lower than what the RAM is.  

I'm going to rule that Game Mode benchmark inconclusive until I retest it. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only connected the RGB cable but with my MSI board with Mystic Light I could control it.   I however have evolved   

mans really has a 2500 dollar PC and is taking "screenshots" with his phone camera

mine would be a negative score

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You're so fucking stupid..  god damn. 

I was obviously referring to his first bench.. which is all cores. 

First bench (All cores, non game mode)

Physics: 19,192

Game Mode

Physics: 20,821

How does his physics score drop from 19K to 17K??  Throughout his benches he's got physics scores ranging from 14K to 19K with all cores... He's been messing around with settings.

The ONLY difference there... being that the CPU was actually overclocked 200mhz more.. to 4.2GHz.. lol  Either himself overclocking, or PBO is boosting differently and affecting the scores. (probably due to thermals being affected, cpu being warm already..ect)  Not fucking game mode.

47602774372_02d1f974a9_o.png and 46739915615_1820a9ce8d_o.png

The "combined" score is worse with Game Mode no matter which "all cores" test you want to use.  Meaning that game mode isn't doing SHIT.  The only reason why All cores scores aren't better is because the actual fucking physics test isn't able to scale beyond 10 cores... not Infinity Fabric you clown :francis:  

Which is why I want to see him post some Timespy Extreme scores.  Game mode on and off too of course :reg: 

Not only did you just prove me right like I said, you still continue to argue like the dumbshit you are. :mj:  All of this and you still don't understand infinity fabric's limitations in its inherent design. :shake: Take a break kid. Own up to your mishap and move the fuck on. :cosby2:

Game Mode:

Graphics: 36,276

All Cores (Like YOU Suggested):

Graphics: 21,533
Physics: 17,121

Edited by lynux3

Dude, you have to turn PBO off because it's boosting differently each time and affecting the results... Your results are continually all over the place. You have to re-run Firestrike in non game mode too with the exact same settings.

Also, the regular Timespy cpu test doesn't scale past 10 cores, you have to bench Timespy Extreme.  There's a reason why the Extreme versions exist lol.

3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Not only did you just prove me right like I said, you still continue to argue like the dumbshit you are. :mj:  All of this and you still don't understand infinity fabric's limitations in its inherent design. :shake: Take a break kid. Own up to your mishap and move the fuck on. :cosby2:

Game Mode:

Graphics: 36,276

All Cores (Like YOU Suggested):

Graphics: 21,533
Physics: 17,121

You're a god damned idiot :tom: 

2990wx Threadripper in Half-Off Legacy Compatibility Mode (1/2 dies running) 16cores / 32 threads.  i.e. running like a 2950X on VEGA 56 Crossfire and 64GB of DDR4 3000

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6971112

timespy-2-dies.jpg

Threadripper in full force 4-dies 2990wx , 32 cores 64 threads on VEGA 56 Crossfire and 64GB of DDR4 3000   .  Performance Regression rears its ugly head again. :happysad:

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6971216

timespy-4-dies.jpg

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Dude, you have to turn PBO off because it's boosting differently each time and affecting the results... Your results are continually all over the place. You have to re-run Firestrike in non game mode too with the exact same settings.

Also, the regular Timespy cpu test doesn't scale past 10 cores, you have to bench Timespy Extreme.  There's a reason why the Extreme versions exist lol.

Isn't that Extreme for 4K setups? I'll probably try all that later.  I spent too much time on this benchmark stuff.   

If you want to see poor performances just go down to my oldest Benchmarks on my profile.  It will be results back before I reinstalled Windows to fix up a lot of issues that was causing my PC to run slow, and I was not using Ryzen Master due to Hyper-V incompatibility, so there is no Precision Boost Overdrive either in that early old stuff which resulted in some pretty poor performance in what I would consider a very poor use of the CPU.  You will also see that I was doing a lot of overclocking back then too, mainly to try and improve mys score going up as high as 3.6GHz, but I later learned this is not how the 2990wx Threadripper works.  This CPU is so suppose have range from 3.0GHz to a 4.2GHz, so the PBO is a very vital piece of Threadripper.  It will not boost if you start overclocking the CPU like I did earlier.

I learned a lot from these benchmarks.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
  • Upvote 1

I really like this comparison here. 

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19112199/fs/18629028#

It puts my Ryzen 2990wx Threadripper in Half-Off Legacy stock speed (3,000MHz) vs this user's 2950X Threadripper stock speed (3,500MHz)

My VEGA 56 Crossfire stock vs his Radeon VII  which looks close to stock

Only big difference is my 64GB of RAM to his 32GB , but mine is 3000 DDR4 to his 3200 DDR4.  

I think this shows best the power of two RX VEGA 56 up against a single Radeon VII.    

On my struggle to get CrossFire to work I came across a lot suggestions for me to just sell them CF is no good and to just get the Radeon VII.  

• 2 weeks later...

Is this ok for my system?

nolgS00.jpg[

1MNOeBc.png

I got this card yesterday but this whole concept of undervolting overclocking and powerplay tables had me spending half a day on this shit. This is the results for the settings I settled on but I don't know, I feel I could do more. Prob need better cooling though.

Edited by roflpwnedz
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-05-02 at 11:43 AM, roflpwnedz said:

Is this ok for my system?

nolgS00.jpg[

I got this card yesterday but this whole concept of undervolting overclocking and powerplay tables had me spending half a day on this shit. This is the results for the settings I settled on but I don't know, I feel I could do more. Prob need better cooling though.

Seems fine to me, as soon as Zen2 launches I'm getting a new CPU.

LZnk8GG.png

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

nothing atm, bought to head to work. 

but my go to games currently are: MK11, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Two Point Hospital, and Postal 3

get doom 2016, re2 or 7 and see how it runs for you