3DMark - Fire Strike Challenge

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only connected the RGB cable but with my MSI board with Mystic Light I could control it.   I however have evolved   

mans really has a 2500 dollar PC and is taking "screenshots" with his phone camera

mine would be a negative score

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

@Remij_ I think you have the strongest PC so far now. 

I think I got a pretty good chip.  I can't believe I'm hitting 4.5GHz on all cores..  unless there's sly shit going on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of...but the performance is there. That's on the stock cooler too.

I'm loving this CPU so far.

That said, there's really not going to be much of a difference between yours and Dynamite's 3700X and mine for gaming.  Not any time soon anyway.  So we're all pretty much around the same level for when the new GPUs come out B) 

Oh, and for shits, I tried the Gigabyte app software... omfg you were right, it's complete fucking garbage :tom:  The UEFI is good though.  I got my fan profiles all set to my liking, and I love seeing those VRMs being nice and cool B) 

@The Mother Fucker @DynamiteCop question for both of you guys.  With the Wraith Prism cooler it comes with those 2 cables for the RGB and USB.. I've connected the RGB one, but not the USB one, so I guess I can't fuck around with the RGB on it.  Did you guys connect the USB header?  It's so fucking dumb because how the hell do you route that cable to the bottom of the motherboard without it looking all ugly and shit?  The RGB was fine because my motherboard has a header right beside the VRM heatsink, but I want to be able to control the RGB and set it to a specific color.

(also it's really dumb that both of those cable connections are on the bottom of the cooler lmao.. they should have been on the top with long enough cables so you could route them up and then behind the motherboard to the bottom)

Did you guys do something different?

Edited by Remij_
10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

@The Mother Fucker @DynamiteCop question for both of you guys.  With the Wraith Prism cooler it comes with those 2 cables for the RGB and USB.. I've connected the RGB one, but not the USB one, so I guess I can't fuck around with the RGB on it.  Did you guys connect the USB header?  It's so fucking dumb because how the hell do you route that cable to the bottom of the motherboard without it looking all ugly and shit?  The RGB was fine because my motherboard has a header right beside the VRM heatsink, but I want to be able to control the RGB and set it to a specific color.

(also it's really dumb that both of those cable connections are on the bottom of the cooler lmao.. they should have been on the top with long enough cables so you could route them up and then behind the motherboard to the bottom)

Did you guys do something different?

I only connected the RGB cable but with my MSI board with Mystic Light I could control it.

I however have evolved :aitch:

20200525_224607_1.gif

• Ben 1
  • aitch 1
1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

no I just ran the USB cable down underneath the GPU. My motherboard is kind of black so the black USB cable is hardly visible. 

20200610_150501.jpg

Yea, I looking at Dynamite's picture too I think he did the same thing.

Hmmm.. I kinda didn't want to have to do that... 

I think I'm going to buy a 9-pin header extension cable and route it behind the board.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

I only connected the RGB cable but with my MSI board with Mystic Light I could control it.

I however have evolved :aitch:

20200525_224607_1.gif

Nice.  Man those DDR4 sticks are bright lmao

Mine aren't RGB.  I couldn't stand that much flash coming from my PC. lol

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB , I spent a pretty penny for them, but not nearly as much I over paid for my 64GB RAM on my Threadripper and it's not even RGB.  Fucking 2018 shopping.  :sad:

@Remij_ I think as far as RGB RAM goes you might love Corsair Dominator RGB RAM.  I wish I had that RAM in my TR.   But I am going to get that AIO when it release.    See video.  

2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB , I spent a pretty penny for them, but not nearly as much I over paid for my 64GB RAM on my Threadripper and it's not even RGB.  Fucking 2018 shopping.  :sad:

@Remij_ I think as far as RGB RAM goes you might love Corsair Dominator RGB RAM.  I wish I had that RAM in my TR.   But I am going to get that AIO when it release.    See video.  

I was gonna go with a Corsair Vengeance RGB kit, but they were sold out and I ended up finding sticks with better timings for cheaper without the RGB.

I like having the CPU cooler and mobo with some accents and the gpu logo, but I'm not a huge fan of RGB on every fan in the case and RAM lol.  Not that it doesn't look nice, but just too much lights.

I know I can push this chip further, but I'm not going to attempt it on this stock cooler.  I know I can get 4.5Ghz all core at 1.39v, but running Cinebench R20 brought the temps up to 85'C with this cooler.  It's just not meant to cool all those cores running at that clock speed at once lol.  4.4Ghz is my sweet spot with a bit less voltage, and it's rock solid in all my testing so far and doesn't go over 78'C, which is fine by me...so I'm going to stick with that for now.   Gaming temps are in the 60-65'C range.  RDR2 and a few others and never went over 63'C.  That's pretty damn good.

14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I know I can push this chip further, but I'm not going to attempt it on this stock cooler.  I know I can get 4.5Ghz all core at 1.39v, but running Cinebench R20 brought the temps up to 85'C with this cooler.  It's just not meant to cool all those cores running at that clock speed at once lol.  4.4Ghz is my sweet spot with a bit less voltage, and it's rock solid in all my testing so far and doesn't go over 78'C, which is fine by me...so I'm going to stick with that for now.   Gaming temps are in the 60-65'C range.  RDR2 and a few others and never went over 63'C.  That's pretty damn good.

yeah, you definitely want to get at least a 240 AIO on that for the Extreme OCing.  

2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

yeah, you definitely want to get at least a 240 AIO on that for the Extreme OCing.  

It feels good to be back with AMD.  My last AMD processor was.... an Athlon 3200+ lol..

We needed this competition again. B)

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It feels good to be back with AMD.  My last AMD processor was.... an Athlon 3200+ lol..

We needed this competition again. B)

Agreed.  

Now AMD need to hurry up and roll out Big NAVI so we can see what will shake up the GPU market.   Here's my latest performance price prediction GPU comparisons.  If AMD come out first with these prices on Big NAVI it could force NVIDIA to drop their prices significantliy than what they had offered during Turing. 

NAVI (little/big)                -                AMPERE                 -             TURING

RX 5600 XT   ($279)           >                GTX 3030             =             RTX 2060                ($349)  $299

RX 5700       ($349)             >               RT 3040               =               RTX 2060 Super    ($399)

RX 5700 XT  ($399)             >              RTX 3050             =              RTX 2070               ($499)

RX 5700 XT 50th AE ($449)    >          RTX 3050 Ti          =             RTX 2070 Super    ($499)

RX 5800        ($549)            >               RTX 3060              =             RTX 2080               ($699)

RX 5800 XT  ($599)            >               RTX 3070              =              RTX 2080 Super   ($699)

RX 5900 XT  ($699)            >               RTX 3080              =              RTX 2080 Ti   ($1199)

RX 5950 XT  ($999)           >                RTX 3090              =              RTX Titan      ($2499)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Agreed.  

Now AMD need to hurry up and roll out Big NAVI so we can see what will shake up the GPU market.   Here's my latest performance price prediction GPU comparisons.  If AMD come out first with these prices on Big NAVI it could force NVIDIA to drop their prices significantliy than what they had offered during Turing. 

NAVI (little/big)                -                AMPERE                 -             TURING

RX 5600 XT   ($279)           >                GTX 3030             =             RTX 2060                ($349)  $299

RX 5700       ($349)             >               RT 3040               =               RTX 2060 Super    ($399)

RX 5700 XT  ($399)             >              RTX 3050             =              RTX 2070               ($499)

RX 5700 XT 50th AE ($449)    >          RTX 3050 Ti          =             RTX 2070 Super    ($499)

RX 5800        ($549)            >               RTX 3060              =             RTX 2080               ($699)

RX 5800 XT  ($599)            >               RTX 3070              =              RTX 2080 Super   ($699)

RX 5900 XT  ($699)            >               RTX 3080              =              RTX 2080 Ti   ($1199)

RX 5950 XT  ($999)           >                RTX 3090              =              RTX Titan      ($2499)

Yeah, hopefully it's competitive enough that it drives prices down.  It sounds like the 3000 series from Nvidia are going to be beasts though... so I'm wondering if AMD is going to be more competitive than they imagined?  Both vendors are going to have absolutely massive GPUs out there. 20TF+ :whew: 

That's a good Forza 4K score. 

I haven't ran CPU-Z benchmark in a grip.  

r5cpuz.jpg

20200611_163909.jpg

That PC above is the upgrade to this below. 

AMD Opteron 185 2.6GHz dual core, 4GB DDR1, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, it was old and slow that it was bottlenecking that GTX 670 4GB GPU I put in there. 

20190216_185139.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...