3DMark - Fire Strike Challenge

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only connected the RGB cable but with my MSI board with Mystic Light I could control it.   I however have evolved   

mans really has a 2500 dollar PC and is taking "screenshots" with his phone camera

mine would be a negative score

Posted Images

TimeSpy - 1440p bench

TimeSpy Extreme - 4K bench

Firestrike - 1080p bench
Firestrike Extreme - 1440p bench

Firestrike Ultra  -   4K bench

Quit being pussies folks, when you run the lower benchmarks we are not seeing the true performance of your card as the lower res benchmarks are going to be partial CPU bound.

6 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

TimeSpy - 1440p bench

TimeSpy Extreme - 4K bench

Firestrike - 1080p bench
Firestrike Extreme - 1440p bench

Firestrike Ultra  -   4K bench

Quit being pussies folks, when you run the lower benchmarks we are not seeing the true performance of your card as the lower res benchmarks are going to be partial CPU bound.

You can see how they compare regardless with the "graphics score"

7 hours ago, Remij said:

You can see how they compare regardless with the "graphics score"

You can't because the graphic score will be based on which benchmark test is ran. 

If you run a light 1080p (Firestrike) or 1440p (TimeSpy, Firestrike Extreme) benchmark, the graphic scores will be wildly different from the 4K benchmarks that are pure GPU bound.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You can't because the graphic score will be based on which benchmark test is ran. 

If you run a light 1080p (Firestrike) or 1440p (TimeSpy, Firestrike Extreme) benchmark, the graphic scores will be wildly different from the 4K benchmarks that are pure GPU bound.

I know that the other versions of the benchmark are more challenging... but that doesn't mean anything.  If they run the more challenging tests.. the same thing is going to show.  They'll be almost the same in graphics score.. and Carlos will win in the CPU and combined tests..

So the only thing that's going to really change is... the numbers will all be lower lol..

25 minutes ago, Remij said:

I know that the other versions of the benchmark are more challenging... but that doesn't mean anything.  If they run the more challenging tests.. the same thing is going to show.  They'll be almost the same in graphics score.. and Carlos will win in the CPU and combined tests..

So the only thing that's going to really change is... the numbers will all be lower lol..

we will get a clear picture if everyone runs 4K tests. 

We are not getting a clear picture because you all are running the light benchmarks. 

I suspect DynamicCop and Carlos's 6900XT will show much closer than what they are currently showing.    There really is no reason to argue against a 4K benchmark, especially with current gen GPUs.

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

I don’t have a 6900 XT anymore haha

and my 3090s get killed in All Firestrike scores I believe 

what, you sold it?      

I wouldn't sell any GPU in this bare supply market.   Things are looking worse with each new month.  

6600XTs now selling at $589 and is considered a deal because it's in stock.  :|

But I am curious to see some RTX 3090 or 3080/3080 Ti scores in Firestrike Ultra.   I been trying to get NVtots over at WCCFTech to man up and run the 4K Firestrike benchmarks but they chicken out and try to back pedal behind the Port Royal benchmark.

These RDNA2 chips have the same behavior as the Precision Boost Overdrive in Ryzen CPUs,  they tend to auto-boost decent clocks on their own with good cooling, where as if you try to manual overclock, you are not going to get the best performance expected.

A 3090 should easily beat my 6800 XT.   I peaked at 12027 back in July and have been unable to get my card to get or over that number since with basic boosting and fan-curve adjustement.

515212299_Screenshot2021-08-16213957.thumb.jpg.50d39cd5764b6ac7b99ba467b70cb739.jpg