• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cows Gone 1556041712677.webm

For Switch™ 

40 minutes ago, Ike said:

Sony's first party titles are fucking gorgeous looking as always. I'll be picking this up in the fall when it's on sale for $20.

Yes sadly $20 sounds about right for the market value of Sony's first party games. And for current MS first party games, the market value is at the most $10 gamepass. Only Nintendo games can sell for $60 throughout the entire gen and still top the charts for years. Nintendo :bow:

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Sony's first party titles are fucking gorgeous looking as always. I'll be picking this up in the fall when it's on sale for $20.

it's crazy how far this game has come, visually. it looked terrible when it first released. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

FMD Bend have done some fucking work on this game. We'll see how the actual gameplay and content is but from a polish perspective they have made this look better and better every time we have seen it, in a time where usually the opposite occurs.

Really? It honestly looks very much the same in a lot of ways, they controlled what was seen and it appears that they're just showing more now.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Really? It honestly looks very much the same in a lot of ways, they controlled what was seen and it appears that they're just showing more now.

I think it looks much more polished, more so compared to vids that came out after that E3 trailer of regular playable scenes. Looked janky in parts and some animations just weren't up to the standard of other Sony 1st party games. That seems to have been fixed now imo. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I think it looks much more polished, more so compared to vids that came out after that E3 trailer of regular playable scenes. Looked janky in parts and some animations just weren't up to the standard of other Sony 1st party games. That seems to have been fixed now imo. 

Sure it looks more polished but I'm not seeing some revelation here like a lot has changed, it looks like the same game through and through with 2 years of tinkering. I'm not understanding all of these comments like it has gone from some shit middling game to some great looking game, it looks exactly like it did but with two more years added to reign in the already minimal jank it exhibited.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Sure it looks more polished but I'm not seeing some revelation here like a lot has changed, it looks like the same game through and through with 2 years of tinkering. I'm not understanding all of these comments like it has gone from some shit middling game to some great looking game, it looks exactly like it did but with two more years added to reign in the already minimal jank it exhibited.

2 years ago this was seen as Sony's State of Decay 2 tier level game but a dev that hasn't done anything buy vita ports in forever and has had cancelled games since their last title. Everyone expected a 7/A tier title (which is still might become) but that has very much changed from a polish and even a marketing push perspective now. You're acting like games don't get downgraded all the damn time, especially from their E3 reveal demos. Want to compare the E3 demo of Sea of Thieves with the release version of SoT? Or Watch Dogs? Or nearly any non Sony first party game.

We get you have no interest in this game yet somehow always need to post in it's threads. For me I went from very mild and low expectations to thinking this could be a very solid AA game.

Also:

0mbfopk0eat21.jpg

that is a hella impressive facial model for an open world game.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

2 years ago this was seen as Sony's State of Decay 2 tier level game but a dev that hasn't done anything buy vita ports in forever and has had cancelled games since their last title. Everyone expected a 7/A tier title (which is still might become) but that has very much changed from a polish and even a marketing push perspective now. You're acting like games don't get downgraded all the damn time, especially from their E3 reveal demos. Want to compare the E3 demo of Sea of Thieves with the release version of SoT? Or Watch Dogs? Or nearly any non Sony first party game.

We get you have no interest in this game yet somehow always need to post in it's threads. For me I went from very mild and low expectations to thinking this could be a very solid AA game.

Also:

0mbfopk0eat21.jpg

that is a hella impressive facial model for an open world game.

What has actually changed that is giving you and the rest of the loons this new found confidence? The game always looked good visually, they've shown off the gameplay systems before and that hasn't changed, they've shown off the world and that hasn't changed, they've shown off the weather systems and that hasn't changed. 

Serious question, why this newfound outlook? It's very much a more polished build of exactly what they showed off in 2016, and 2017, and 2018... 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What has actually changed that is giving you and the rest of the loons this new found confidence? The game always looked good visually, they've shown off the gameplay systems before and that hasn't changed, they've shown off the world and that hasn't changed, they've shown off the weather systems and that hasn't changed. 

Serious question, why this newfound outlook? It's very much a more polished build of exactly what they showed off in 2016, and 2017, and 2018... 

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

FMD Bend have done some fucking work on this game. We'll see how the actual gameplay and content is but from a polish perspective they have made this look better and better every time we have seen it, in a time where usually the opposite occurs.

Isn't that exactly what I said in my first post. They polished it to the level we expect from Sony 1st party when prior it wasn't anywhere near it imo. 

But other than that they have revealed a much more narrative focus of the game while also far more of the open world and how you can interact with it. Finally on top of that latest previews were positive and leaked impressions on reddit seem very positive too. Hence me getting more excited for it when I previously wasn't.