Hideo Kojima is all in for cloud gaming

"It's a future I've always dreamed of"

:deader::hest:

A major change that obviously causes him a certain craze. He explains that in the future, video games and movies should no longer be separated. A perspective he says he has "always dreamed" and that would logically allow gaming to reach a wider audience.

In parallel with the evolution of streaming, games, movies, documentaries and all types of video content will be on the same platform. It's a future I've always dreamed of. Services like Netflix will be divided between "interactive games" and "non-interactive movies". Games and films are currently opposed, separated by a border, but this border will disappear. It has already begun to disappear with content like Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, released last year.

But what interests him also is to see how the games will be developed in the future. According to him, the codes of the novel will influence more than ever the productions video games. An upheaval that presents as a full part of the story on which he would like to leave his mark. Finally, he finishes by evoking an idea that has sprouted in his mind , but that he can not share for the moment.

The games will change drastically. Of course, games for high-end consoles like those that currently exist will continue to exist. But technology will continue to grow and we will be able to create new types of games inspired by the codes of the novel. I am very busy myself, but I would love to leave my mark in this part of the story.
There is a big thing related to streaming that I have in mind too. I can not say more because I do not want to spoil. (Laughter)

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1033790/hideo-kojima-et-le-cloud-gaming-c-est-un-futur-dont-j-ai-toujours-reve.htm

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Xbots hoping the industry all drop like dominoes to fall in line with MS's bullshit anti-consumer future. :rofl: NOPE!

Kojimmy's always been mentally ill, making his fucked up pot-head games. he's not thinking clearly here. what we do know is that his next game will be pressed into a physical disc and placed into a nice little blue case on store shelves, Xcludedly at that. :glad: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Everyone is going to eventually be streaming.  Some of you are having a really hard time with that.

You were making fun of Switch for having streaming games.  Idiot

13 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Everyone is going to eventually be streaming.  Some of you are having a really hard time with that.

No one is having a hard time because it will never be as good as consoles or PC, even Phil Spencer agreed with this. Plus the STDia showcase couldn't even get rid of heavy lag even in their own controlled GDC Booths. Imagine the average household how bad it will be. It's impossible to beat the laws of physics.

15 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Not without a massive upgrade to our infrastructure in the US.

17 minutes ago, McWicked said:

These general broad statements make no sense. It's like arguing against people in the 60s that we won't colonise mars or the moon, cause teh rockets. I mean we it's been what 70 years and we still haven't gotten a man on the moon a second time.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

These general broad statements make no sense. It's like arguing against people in the 60s that we won't colonise mars or the moon, cause teh rockets. I mean we it's been what 70 years and we still haven't gotten a man on the moon a second time.

Probably because getting two guys on the moon is a bit different getting hundreds of millions of people access to stable, high-speed internet.  Of course it can be done, but it won't be done by an incompetent administration and it sure as shit won't get done as long as the GOP holds the senate.

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

No one is having a hard time because it will never be as good as consoles or PC, even Phil Spencer agreed with this. Plus the STDia showcase couldn't even get rid of heavy lag even in their own controlled GDC Booths. Imagine the average household how bad it will be. It's impossible to beat the laws of physics.

I'm not saying streaming will be better . It won't.  But it will be a focus , for everyone at some point 

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

Dont need it . The average internet speed in the us is more than enough . I'm not saying it will be the only option,  but everyone will eventually offer that option .