Endgame anyone saw it? *spoilers

The big battle in this movie is, ultimately, better but its more rushed, it probably should've been a longer prolonged battle and they should've assigned certain avengers coming back to fight this particular set of Thanos henchmen.

In that sense the big battle from Infinity War is more organized. But the plain fact of the matter is that when "everbody" arrives, that's just fucking glorious. Its worth it.

I enjoy the setup, but ultimately it feels like they had to rush it in parts. They did not show the world as it dealt with losing half the population, that would've taken about 20-30 minutes alone just establishing what the world is now. And they should've showed what happened around the universe as well. The planet they saved in Guardians 1, the people that Carole Danvers saved from her movie. There's alot of stuff there that they could've fleshed out, but it would've been a 4 hr plus movie.

And then it felt like they should've made the returning of the stones to be a part of their mission, and we should've seen scenes that show that, maybe making that part of the ending montage.

Still, a very solid movie, and one hell of an achievement.

The battle of Helm's Deep. That is what they should've been aiming for at the end of this movie. But they didn't have enough time.

The battle should've been back and forth, several times. Them looking like they are gonna kick Thanos' ass, and then it looking desperate, and them fighting back, and then things looking desperate, and then additional cavalry coming in.

I like it when the real comicbook nerds are breaking down the details that almost all of us wouldn't be noticing during the movie.

Spoiler

When Cap Marvel was holding the Gauntlet, stopping Thanos from snapping his fingers shes ABSORBING THE STONES POWERS (They were all glowing when she held it.) making herself stronger and stronger and made Thanos drop to his knees in agony. Only she and thanos can absorb cosmic energy, (which also is why his skin color changes depending on the location and movie.)

This is THANOS with all the infinity stones and he couldn't hold his own against Marvel.

:whew:

Edited by jehurey

Saw it over the weekend

Thought it was very good overall and a good way to round up everything and end that storyline. It did have faults though and I don't think it's mind blowingly amazing as many ppl seem to think. Pacing was a little all over the place, has the usual time travel issues and the final battle felt a little rushed but there was just so much they had to fit in a movie that it was always going to be difficult

I don't understand the whole "it was fan service" logic.

Yeah............if they made 20 other fucking movies that carefully builds a gigantic story in order to have one massive payoff into one movie, that's probably what they were aiming for.

Its like me picking up the latest comic of some random comicbook series and saying "there's alot of shit here that requires me to have read the previous comics, looks like its only for the existing fans."

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I don't understand the whole "it was fan service" logic.

Yeah............if they made 20 other fucking movies that carefully builds a gigantic story in order to have one massive payoff into one movie, that's probably what they were aiming for.

Its like me picking up the latest comic of some random comicbook series and saying "there's alot of shit here that requires me to have read the previous comics, looks like its only for the existing fans."

Infinity War was subversive, opposite of fan service, had some balls. 

Endgame was a textbook disney conclusion. They should've taken more risks, especially with Infinity War as set up. 

Edited by Vini
45 minutes ago, Vini said:

Infinity War was subversive, opposite of fan service, had some balls. 

Endgame was a textbook disney conclusion. They should've taken more risks, especially with Infinity War as set up. 

Infinity War has a cop out.........it doesn't have to finish its story.

Its the most incomplete movie out of the entire 22 movies covering the MCU.

Hell The Empire Strikes Back benefits from the same advantages, but even then you could say it does on its on somewhat.

Infinity War is incapable of being able to stand on its own. We always know it was a two-parter like 4 years ago.

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Infinity War has a cop out.........it doesn't have to finish its story.

Its the most incomplete movie out of the entire 22 movies covering the MCU.

Hell The Empire Strikes Back benefits from the same advantages, but even then you could say it does on its on somewhat.

Infinity War is incapable of being able to stand on its own. We always know it was a two-parter like 4 years ago.

I agree but Endgame didn't feel like the second part to it. It felt like a completely different movie. 

That may have been deliberate and that's fine but I personally would've preferred a more tonally fitting continuation of the story. 

Yep. Movie is 3rd best in the Avenger series. Would rank the original Avengers and Infinity War above it, with Age of Ultron coming in last. Superb movie for the most part, but damn does it drag in the first hour and half.

Still though, hearing Cap finally say those two words, “Avengers assemble.”, was just incredible. Along with when Mjolnir came flying to him was amazing and I definitely squealed during both. 

Edited by Ike