IGN MK11 Switch review 7.8 FLOP

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

lmao they reviewed it independent of the rest 

:hest: 

They should review the PC version independently from the rest as well.  It's almost a different game than the console versions at this point.  Move damage and other variables are completely different in the PC version... Moves take much less damage.  PC hasn't received the day 1 balance patch yet.  There's literally combos that work on the console version that wont on the PC version since the distance certain moves launch characters into the air have changed.  And difficulty is much higher in the towers currently.

Finally today NRS announced that they are working on multiple patches for PC.  One will be out in a day or two that will bring the PC version up to consoles as well as fix crashes that people would experience when trying to record inputs for practice mode.. as well as an issue with the TAA implementation which makes the hair leave temporal ghosting.. and a bunch of other stuff.  The next one after that will have all the currency shit tweaked apparently.

lmao, the PC version is definitely the red headed step child of the main versions.  That said, it's actually a really solid version of the game.  Just a couple bugs.. but the big thing is all the balance tweaks that were made to the day 1 console versions.  It's like a different game

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They should review the PC version independently from the rest as well.  It's almost a different game than the console versions at this point.  Move damage and other variables are completely different in the PC version... Moves take much less damage.  PC hasn't received the day 1 balance patch yet.  There's literally combos that work on the console version that wont on the PC version since the distance certain moves launch characters into the air have changed.  And difficulty is much higher in the towers currently.

Finally today NRS announced that they are working on multiple patches for PC.  One will be out in a day or two that will bring the PC version up to consoles as well as fix crashes that people would experience when trying to record inputs for practice mode.. as well as an issue with the TAA implementation which makes the hair leave temporal ghosting.. and a bunch of other stuff.  The next one after that will have all the currency shit tweaked apparently.

lmao, the PC version is definitely the red headed step child of the main versions.  That said, it's actually a really solid version of the game.  Just a couple bugs.. but the big thing is all the balance tweaks that were made to the day 1 console versions.  It's like a different game

Getting a game like this on PC was a mistake, their support for X on PC was pitiful. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Getting a game like this on PC was a mistake, their support for X on PC was pitiful. 

I still haven't bought it yet, because I was waiting for the issues to be fixed.  So I kind of saw this coming.  And yea their handling of MK10 was abysmal.  Both MK9 and MK10 did decently on PC with 1-2 million each.. so it really makes no sense.  I understand that PC will always be the "me too" versions of fighting games, but they can sell quite well, especially these days.  People like having these games on PC.  MK11 will probably sell similarly to 10 and 9.  So I guess I'm just hoping they begin to take it more seriously.  Their lack of communication until today isn't a good start.. but we'll see.

I'm still going to buy this once it's patched.  It's a shame they fucked up with the progression bullshit.. because it seems to be an excellent game besides that, but I'm in no rush.

I don't know about the console ports, but this game on PC is a 9.5 hands-down.  

After all the years I dogged MK for going 3D, this game is so great, is story mode so appealing, graphics so crisp looks like I'm watching a movie that shits all over the original 1995 movie I saw as a kid.  

@JonB dodged a bullet?  looks like you got shot right in the head by IGN.  What are you doing basing your game purchases on IGN, or any video game review website for that matter?    Miss me with that childish non-sense. 

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I don't know about the console ports, but this game on PC is a 9.5 hands-down.  

After all the years I dogged MK for going 3D, this game is so great, is story mode so appealing, graphics so crisp looks like I'm watching a movie that shits all over the original 1995 movie I saw as a kid.  

@JonB dodged a bullet?  looks like you got shot right in the head by IGN.  What are you doing basing your game purchases on IGN, or any video game review website for that matter?    Miss me with that childish non-sense. 

What are you talking about ? I have it on X . Remij was the one talking about how it's broken on PC 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

What are you talking about ? I have it on X . Remij was the one talking about how it's broken on PC 

I'm playing the Story Mode on the PC version right now, it's not broken at all.    Anything from it.   

You got a RTX 2060 right?   Why are you burning MK11 on a RX 580 ?

6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'm playing the Story Mode on the PC version right now, it's not broken at all.    Anything from it.   

You got a RTX 2060 right?   Why are you burning MK11 on a RX 580 ?

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. 

My PC is hooked up to a 1080p monitor and the game will have a longer life on console .