Sony updated PlayStation 3's total sales, putting it ahead of Xbox 360.

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, in its third and fourth year it just blew the fuck up and literally "fell off a cliff" the following years. Insane amount of sales, but ultimately it ended up being exactly what it was (albeit with great games)... a fad. :shrug:  Everyone I know who had a Wii never played it beyond Wii Sports and some Nintendo exclusives (like SMG). I probably won't ever turn mine on again... nothing about it interests me and I wish they'd bring SMG over to the Switch.

Microsoft and Sony both tried to get in on it and both failed. 10 years later and the PlayStation Move actually has a purpose with VR... Microsoft took it to the next level though and bet on their next generation system with it. What a bunch of dumbasses. :kaz: 

Nintendo killed Wii early to get a jump on next gen with Wiiu and we know how that turned out.. lol

MS bet their next gen system on it because remember... Kinect breathed new life into 360...the last 20 to 30 or so million of 360 was straight up because of Kinect. 

They thought they had a winer for Xbox1 with Kinect.... built they're entire next gen plans around it :rofls:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deeno getting owned on NeoGAF about this too.  

So.  SONY Still lost last gen by not winning North America.

Has MS updated their sales of the XBOX360? We haven't gotten one since 2014 or something right (system wasn't discontinued until end of 2016) ? Any way, the XBOX360 sold twice as much software as the

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I just checked VGChartz, Xbox 360 still have a massive lead over PS3 and Wii for North America.   @lynux3 Thread ownage just got denied.   The NPD numbers don't lie.  

You're right, NPD doesn't lie. Which is why EEDAR (NPD) shows PS3 outsold Xbox 360. :rofls:

hardware1oakfydkat.png

Has MS updated their sales of the XBOX360? We haven't gotten one since 2014 or something right (system wasn't discontinued until end of 2016) ? Any way, the XBOX360 sold twice as much software as the PS3 and the PS3, plus the Vita, nearly bankrupted Sony. The Wii was a fad POS and everyone I knew who bought one, it became a dust collector after 2 weeks or they got rid of it. The Wii U :9: .

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

Has MS updated their sales of the XBOX360? We haven't gotten one since 2014 or something right (system wasn't discontinued until end of 2016) ? Any way, the XBOX360 sold twice as much software as the PS3 and the PS3, plus the Vita, nearly bankrupted Sony. The Wii was a fad POS and everyone I knew who bought one, it became a dust collector after 2 weeks or they got rid of it. The Wii U :9: .

Nah, June 2014 was the last update. NPD data for the remainder of 2014 puts them up another 800k though, then there's the rest of the world, plus another year and a half for sale.

It undoubtedly outsold the PS3. 

1 hour ago, eastside49er said:

Nope, and they never will to save face. PS3 sold more than 999.4m games... which means that would put Xbox 360 at 2 billion games sold, which is just wishful thinking. They probably sold a billion as well or maybe just a little less.

PS3 was able to surpass 360 with a year to a year a half less time. Turn around complete. :whew: It was reported by IDC that PS3 surpassed 360 back in the beginning of 2013 before PS4 even launched... no doubt the trend didn't stop from there. PS3 won. No surprise there, 3shitty died in 2009 and turned into a wannabe Wii. :drake: