after playing zelda botw and mario odyssey

12 hours ago, Handsome Horse said:

is TP worth playing? should i wait for a switch port?

Absolutely worth playing. First three hours or so are a bit of a drag but once you get past the first dungeon it opens up. It features probably the best boss battles in the franchise. Wii U version is the best version. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I can ever put myself through a full blown Super Mario or Zelda game  (not counting New Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Maker).  Last big franchise platform game I played on Nint

Mario is GOTG type shit. Zelda is just regular ol' shit.

tbf darksiders 2 is awful without needing to play BotW and Mario first. 

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Absolutely worth playing. First three hours or so are a bit of a drag but once you get past the first dungeon it opens up. It features probably the best boss battles in the franchise. Wii U version is the best version. 

was told theres a dungeon in the form of a frozen mansion and its supposed to be one of the best made dungeons in the series

6 hours ago, Handsome Horse said:

was told theres a dungeon in the form of a frozen mansion and its supposed to be one of the best made dungeons in the series

Yeah that dungeon owns. They all do really. You can probably just emulate the GCN version if you have a decent PC. 

Darksiders is just a bad game. 

Breath of the Wild was probably the most I’ve been wrapped up in a game that wasn’t WoW/CS/Diablo II. I played the hell out of it the month it launched and loved every minute. I never did beat it though...I’ve tried to go back several times but I just can’t get anywhere close to recapturing that feeling. That’s not a knock against it, some things just aren’t necessarily meant to be replayed...especially something that relies so much on that feeling of wonder. 

Odyssey was a really great 12 hours for me. That’s about it unfortunately. Too many of the levels were duds and the complete lack of difficulty really took away from the experience for me. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Breath of the Wild was probably the most I’ve been wrapped up in a game that wasn’t WoW/CS/Diablo II. I played the hell out of it the month it launched and loved every minute. I never did beat it though...I’ve tried to go back several times but I just can’t get anywhere close to recapturing that feeling. That’s not a knock against it, some things just aren’t necessarily meant to be replayed...especially something that relies so much on that feeling of wonder. 

Odyssey was a really great 12 hours for me. That’s about it unfortunately. Too many of the levels were duds and the complete lack of difficulty really took away from the experience for me. 

My exact story with both games, I played BotW for like 50 hours over a four day period but once I had to go back to work I told myself I'll play it after work, didn't happen, then I told myself I'd play it on the upcoming weekend, didn't happen. I loaded it up a few times but as you said that sense of wonder was gone and it wasn't coming back. 

i put like 300+ hours into it. i beat it like 3 times.

went back to do a 100% run. i only managaed to do 80%

no game has hooked me like that since the 8-16 bit days

32 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nintendo man.  Both are incredible.  If I had to pick one though.. Zelda no question.

you got me interested in trying it out again after all these years when you talked about oot on 3ds

25 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Played some BotW this weekend, and holy shit :omg: 

the second that intro music plays you know your in for something amazing. that scene is why sheep are sheep

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

:-*

I really wish I enjoyed Witcher 3, BotW, and RDR2. People that love those games love them so much. :(

wont ever play witcher 3, it looks hella boring and RDR2...I bought a ps4 for it and only played 2 hours then never touched it again

On 2019-04-27 at 3:32 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

I agree about Zelda but Mario was a 7/10 game imo

wow. for once we kind of agree.

Zelda was top notch but Mario didn't feel like it was Nintendo's A-tier.