The best way to get stronger and more muscular (tested it out - wow!)

It’s called “backfill” training. So you go all out on your first set. Let’s say it’s 12 reps (that’s your absolute max). The next set will probably be just 10 reps (exhaustion from first) and 8 on the last. The following session, you start with 12 reps again (even though you’ll be able to do more). On the second set you’ll probably get 12, as well. Maybe even on the third one too. Once you get 12 reps on all 3 sets, you start the cycle over. Your first set will be to failure again, most likely 15 reps this time. You then repeat the previous method, trying to get 3 sets of 15. Then add more weight or intensify the move, and repeat again. You will get stronger and see gains, plus it’s mentally satisfying. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Like 1

Brrrt.  You're getting stronger because you're lifting  a lot.  But  ok.  I guess you like  numbaz.  Btw  i did do diamond push ups to my excercize like you suggested.   I can do 30,  or two sets  of 20. Maybe  3.

It feels foreign without using dumbells on the floor tho..i think i have to do both ! 

3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Brrrt.  You're getting stronger because you're lifting  a lot.  But  ok.  I guess you like  numbaz.  Btw  i did do diamond push ups to my excercize like you suggested.   I can do 30,  or two sets  of 20. Maybe  3.

It feels foreign without using dumbells on the floor tho..i think i have to do both ! 

:-*

37 minutes ago, bhytre said:

All my lifts have gone up since I dropped the bro split for a full body workout :whoo:

Ha I think we all started with the bro spit. It’s still good, if you have imbalances. You can add another round of squats on chest day..or add incline dumbbell press to leg day. Still, there are better overall splits: push/pull; upper/low; full body; etc.

Just now, -GD- said:

Ha I think we all started with the bro spit. It’s still good, if you have imbalances. You can add another round of squats on chest day..or add incline dumbbell press to leg day. Still, there are better overall splits: push/pull; upper/low; full body; etc.

All true but I was kinda stalling after a year or so doing the bro split, now I've added a plate or two on every machine in a month of doing full body :glad:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bhytre said:

All true but I was kinda stalling after a year or so doing the bro split, now I've added a plate or two on every machine in a month of doing full body :glad:

Nice bro!  When you hit a wall there, try upper/lower