PS5 is over 12tflops it seems

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And like every gen , you pay 1200 dollars for a video card to play xbox 1 games LOL    PC graphics dont get better until consoles say so . Bow down to us , peonmit LOL

xflop One was not a big upgrade and rather weak, base PS4 too even though it was better. This new gen will be a greater leap, we're leaving you Ditch boys far behind this time no more pity ports 

I was honestly expecting 10 tflops lol.

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

man, games already look amazing on the pro/one x (red dead 2 on one x = incredible). i can't even imagine how they'll look with so much horsepower. 

The real shocker is the SSD. People thought that would be just fanboy dreams.

Looks like a solid setup. Will definitely be the hardware spec that the vast majority of multiplats will be standardizing to.

I kind of almost wish that Cyberpunk 2077 were to get delayed to 2021 so that I can hold off on buying a video card until 2021.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

What we can derive from this, even if Microsoft comes up with better hardware, is that the hermits have been raped.

A year and a half away at best... And that's like an 8TF Nvidia GPU... Nvidia will have GPUs out that push 20TF+ by the time these consoles launch.... that's like 25-27TF AMD :D 

These consoles are going to get outclassed really quickly... just like they always do. :geese: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

A year and a half away at best... And that's like an 8TF Nvidia GPU... Nvidia will have GPUs out that push 20TF+ by the time these consoles launch.... that's like 25-27TF AMD :D 

These consoles are going to get outclassed really quickly... just like they always do. :geese: 

look at you already coping and doing your little damage control dance :geese: 

It's coming, death is coming! PosC gaming, lmao:geese:

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

yeah, that will be the biggest leap. 

No actually it wont. Every generation has seen diminishing returns since the ps2/gc/xbox era. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Eh, it's still going to be huge in some ways man.

360 to xbox1 was the least impressive jump so far.. this next one is going to be even less. You can only make real look so real. 

9 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

360 to xbox1 was the least impressive jump so far.. this next one is going to be even less. You can only make real look so real. 

If you want to talk about least impressive jumps... talk about Nintendo :facep: 

I think the leap from 360/PS3 - PS4/XO was huge... and that's despite the tiny bump in CPU.  The CPUs in these new consoles will quite simply allow for shit that was never possible before.. by many times.  People aren't going to notice immediately... but eventually... the difference will be stupidly apparent.  Quote me on that.

Regardless of how IMMEDIATE you think the visual difference needs to be... the simple fact is this..  Ray tracing is going to make things look far more real and grounded and proper, than ever before in games.

It's like... the difference between the best graphics possible in a real-time game cutscene and move CGI is night and day...  Ray traced effects are going to help slowly begin to bridge that gap.

Of course the more realistic you want to get requires orders of magnitudes of processing power to allow for the same detail and care to be put into every part of an image, and not just the parts that you're meant to focus on the most.  The thing is... as it gets more realistic, it's never as IMMEDIATE of a difference... but when you look back at the latest PS4 games (TLOU2) and look at the best PS3 games... the difference is STAGGERING.  

It will be the same thing this gen... and in fact, I'm going to say it's going to be even MORE apparent just how much better games can look visually than what we have now.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If you want to talk about least impressive jumps... talk about Nintendo :facep: 

I think the leap from 360/PS3 - PS4/XO was huge... and that's despite the tiny bump in CPU.  The CPUs in these new consoles will quite simply allow for shit that was never possible before.. by many times.

Regardless of how IMMEDIATE you think the visual difference needs to be... the simple fact is this..  Ray tracing is going to make things look far more real and grounded and proper, than ever before in games.

It's like... the difference between the best graphics possible in a real-time game cutscene and move CGI is night and day...  Ray traced effects are going to help slowly begin to bridge that gap.

Of course the more realistic you want to get requires orders of magnitudes of processing power to allow for the same detail and care to be put into every part of an image, and not just the parts that you're meant to focus on the most.  The thing is... as it gets more realistic, it's never as IMMEDIATE of a difference... but when you look back at the latest PS4 games (TLOU2) and look at the best PS3 games... the difference is STAGGERING.  

It will be the same thing this gen... and in fact, I'm going to say it's going to be even MORE apparent just how much better games can look visually than what we have now.

Its not going to be better looking. Its not going to be OMFG like when you first played Soul Calibur

11 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

xflop One was not a big upgrade and rather weak, base PS4 too even though it was better.

This new gen will be a greater leap, we're leaving you Ditch boys far behind this time no more pity ports :wata3:

Edited by bhytre
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

xflop One was not a big upgrade and rather weak, base PS4 too even though it was better.

This new gen will be a greater leap, we're leaving you Ditch boys far behind this time no more pity ports :wata3:

Its not like this is the last and final switch lol. It will probably be a shorter gen for nintendo