Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Some of you are already married and have kids, but the rest of us in the late 20's/early 30's what are you ideas of foreseeable future? 

Career, family, personal goals etc. what matters most to you?

42 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

Still retired, with a wife and kids, lol. Maybe if I get bored I'll get a government job, but right now I'm relaxing and chilling with the family after my long 20 years in the military. :don:

20 years ? damn, what did they make you do?

13 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

20 years ? damn, what did they make you do?

I was a communications guy so I worked on SAT comm, computers, classified systems, ASIs, etc. Worked in 5 SCIFs on 3 continents and deployed twice. Fun times, but like everything else in life it had to come to an end. At least I was lucky enough to leave with two pensions, one for my service and one for my disabilities. I also get all the perks of retired life like cheap healthcare ( :dead: ), Space A travel (free air travel), free college (actually they pay me to go), free gym, a lifetime pass to every US military base in the world, free admission to national parks, military discounts at eateries, disabled parking, etc.

1 minute ago, eastside49er said:

I was a communications guy so I worked on SAT comm, computers, classified systems, ASIs, etc. Worked in 5 SCIFs on 3 continents and deployed twice. Fun times, but like everything else in life it had to come to an end. At least I was lucky enough to leave with two pensions, one for my service and one for my disabilities. I also get all the perks of retired life like cheap healthcare ( :dead: ), Space A travel (free air travel), free college (actually they pay me to go), free gym, a lifetime pass to every US military base in the world, free admission to national parks, military discounts at eateries, disabled parking, etc.

what disability?  You got injured while on duty? 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

what disability?  You got injured while on duty? 

If you want to call it that. When you retire or even separate from the military, they make you go through the ringer when it comes to physical and mental evals. I was diagnosed with multiple problems like PTSD, cataracts, degenerative arthritis in my spine, knees and hands. I have hearing loss in both ears, bone spurs in both feet, etc. A lovely cocktail of shit, but at least I get a pension for my troubles.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

If you want to call it that. When you retire or even separate from the military, they make you go through the ringer when it comes to physical and mental evals. I was diagnosed with multiple problems like PTSD, cataracts, degenerative arthritis in my spine, knees and hands. I have hearing loss in both ears, bone spurs in both feet, etc. A lovely cocktail of shit, but at least I get a pension for my troubles.  

Damn, that must suck to have those issues. How old are you?

Also, I dont think I recognise you, what was your old SW name?

Edited by HolyAx
3 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

Damn, that must suck to have those issues. How old are you?

Mid 40s.

Yeah that is 20 years in the military for yah. For some it is much worse. Got lucky. Didn't lose any limps and didn't die, lol. I have ailments, but I work through it.

I never changed my SW name. This is the same name I have had since I joined back in 2004.

Edited by eastside49er
6 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

Mid 40s.

Yeah that is 20 years in the military for yah. For some it is much worse. Got lucky. Didn't lose any limps and didn't die, lol. I have ailments, but I work through it.

I never changed my SW name. This is the same name I have had since I joined back in 2004.

Oh I guess you werent here much after 2006  lol as thats when I joined 

1 hour ago, eastside49er said:

Damn, respect man :salute:

• Thanks 1

I will probably be the same person, just older. The marriage thing wasn’t for me, and never will be. I don’t want kids. I am starting to get into film (first movie releases this summer at the popcorn frights horror film festival), so who knows? Maybe one will gain traction. I definitively still see myself in the TV industry. I’m pretty much done with music (lost the spark). Oh, I will continue to be more involved with animal charities. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I will probably be the same person, just older. The marriage thing wasn’t for me, and never will be. I don’t want kids. I am starting to get into film (first movie releases this summer at the popcorn frights horror film festival), so who knows? Maybe one will gain traction. I definitively still see myself in the TV industry. I’m pretty much done with music (lost the spark). Oh, I will continue to be more involved with animal charities. 

:wow: thats really cool man. Congrats! If theres an online link to the movie Id love to check it out.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

:wow: thats really cool man. Congrats! If theres an online link to the movie Id love to check it out.

Thanks bro! It debuts in August, so I’ll have a copy to share after. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, eastside49er said:

Mid 40s.

I remember you dude