I'm getting pretty hyped for Classic WoW guys

Went down a Youtube rabbit hole at work the other day...the nostalgia and memories. What a great game.

Unfortunately I really don't see how I can manage to play it in any way that would bring me satisfaction. The time requirement is just too much...I could probably see myself getting a good week or two in but just not gonna be a long term options. I might just casually level to 60 over time. Even that seems pretty daunting these days, then I think of things like:

-Getting my epic mount

-Getting a PvP rank over 10

-Getting exalted with any PvP faction

-Attunements

-Leveling up profesions

-Raiding...even just if it's MC and BWL

And all that just seems absolutely impossible. 

It was fine when I was in grade 10 (even if I regret investing so much time...I at least had the time), school was easy, I was fine running on 5 hours sleep, and was only working part time outside of the summers. Crazy thing is looking back, most of the people in my guild were probably at the point in their lives where I am now...I remember some of them even having kids and shit. How they justified raiding multiple nights a week (and this was a point in time where you had to actually do shit outside the raid in order to be able to raid...farming gold, mats, resist gear, etc). 

Anyone planning on playing even casually for the nostalgia?

Edited by Casual
5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm definitely going to give it a shot, but, as you said, I can't imagine having the time to really engage with it.

Yeah.

One thing at least is that the leveling process was absolutely amazing in Vanilla and that can really be done at whatever pace you want. It's not like the newer xpacs where leveling is just some bullshit you get over with quick before the real game begins. 

Going in knowing that I'll never be doing cutting edge raiding might even make the leveling more enjoyable and not just rushing to get to 60 ASAP. I remember when I first got into WoW I wasn't even thinking about raiding, took forever to get to 60 but had so much fun just doing random bullshit like ganking horde in Stonetalon (the guards at Sunrock were pushovers).

Also kind of wondering how much time investment it will really take for things like MC and BWL. They took forever back then but that was a lot to do with learning the content and sucking at the game. I feel like you might actually be able to reasonably progress through those without much time investment. 

i would want to see the level 60 hunter quests for the staff and bow and BWL, AQ40, Naxx raids.

lol fuck MC i did that shit so many times, half a year running this shit just to get started with BWL.... good times.

but nah 

8 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Becoming so irrelevant you have to release something from the past again to try and stay relevant and keep your head above water :drake: 

I mean, I haven't played WoW for years and the last time I enjoyed it was early Wrath. But it's still the only real relevant MMO even if it's not doing the earth shattering numbers it used to. 

Classic is a pretty smart move, there's a demand for it and it's not much difference than the recent HD remake trend. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

I'll never touch that game. and never grow hermit herpes. You sick fuck's dick is all an inch shorter because of this non norm fetish. 

and it will turn orange like a spicy cheeto 

After D2 I swore off these games, I messed around with Path of Exile (because D3 was bleh) and occasionally mess around with Borderlands, but I've never invested any serious time into them.

The Total War series is my new crack.