Crytek's Ray Tracing demo ran at 1080p 30fps on Vega 56... not 4K

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

In that regard it appears as though it's dead even. 

No.. because one gives a good experience, the other gives a barely passable experience in a bare assed tech demo with nothing dynamic happening. lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That card cant do 4k anyway on real games who expected it to do 4k with rt   Rtx flopped thhbo

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. because one gives a good experience, the other gives a barely passable experience in a bare assed tech demo with nothing dynamic happening. lol

From what's said in their little write up it appears something like a 2080 Ti would possibly do it at native 4K, that would be a 4x extrapolation on the Vega 56 at 4x the cost so I'd say it appears to be dead even. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

From what's said in their little write up it appears something like a 2080 Ti would possibly do it at native 4K, that would be a 4x extrapolation on the Vega 56 at 4x the cost so I'd say it appears to be dead even. 

Eh I'd assume they are talking about the 2080 and not the 2080Ti... and again, regardless of how it scales, it's not 'dead even' when one gives a good/great experience, and the other gives a crappy experience.  It doesn't matter how much you spend.. if the experience is shitty, then it's wasted money.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Eh I'd assume they are talking about the 2080 and not the 2080Ti... and again, regardless of how it scales, it's not 'dead even' when one gives a good/great experience, and the other gives a crappy experience.  It doesn't matter how much you spend.. if the experience is shitty, then it's wasted money.

It doesn't sound like a crappy experience, it sounds like the identical experience at 1080p. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It doesn't sound like a crappy experience, it sounds like the identical experience at 1080p. 

No, they specifically say they could add more dynamic elements plus on top of full native 4K... and let's be real... obviously more than 30fps... especially if we're talking a 2080ti..

It sounds like a terribly watered down experience.  Nvidia's shit is leagues ahead.  Diffused indirect reflections and lighting... on everything. :smoke: 

Not even in the same stratosphere. :glad: 

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Like a year later there are what , 3 games with ray tracing ?? Rofl speaking of waste of money 

Aren't people gonna have upgraded their cards anyway by the time ray tracing is part of most games? 

I think that's not the point right?

It's that AMD fanboys gloated over a tech demo and thought their cards would be just as good as a more expensive one from Nvidia? :|

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Like a year later there are what , 3 games with ray tracing ?? Rofl speaking of waste of money 

It's been 6 months... and there's 5 big games, and the two biggest 3rd party engines have incorporated it into their feature-set.  Both consoles are rumored to support it, and most of the talks at GDC were around ray tracing...  Developers know that this is the future and are actively pushing for it.  It's here... and it's not going away lol.  Nvidia's entire new architecture is based around it.  Intel's GPUs in 2020 will also accelerate ray tracing.. and AMD is working on it.  

It's not a waste of money because it's currently the fastest GPU out there... not just in RT games, but all games.  The fastest commands a premium.. especially when there's no competition :hehe: 

2 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

Aren't people gonna have upgraded their cards anyway by the time ray tracing is part of most games? 

I think that's not the point right?

It's that AMD fanboys gloated over a tech demo and thought their cards would be just as good as a more expensive one from Nvidia? :|

Yes.. that's the point of this thread.  Can you believe it? :smilecry: 

Just now, JONBpc said:

5 games lol 

What's wrong with that?  It's a new rendering technology.. it requires work to implement... of course adoption doesn't happen instantly.  How stupid must you be? :cosby2: 

It's not something that's going to happen INSTANTLY... like you popping into my ray tracing threads :drake: 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

What's wrong with that?  It's a new rendering technology.. it requires work to implement... of course adoption doesn't happen instantly.  How stupid must you be? :cosby2: 

It's not something that's going to happen INSTANTLY... like you popping into my ray tracing threads :drake: 

Funny how you said it's literally as easy as pressing a button,  now it's some magical new feature LOL that takes time 

6 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Funny how you said it's literally as easy as pressing a button,  now it's some magical new feature LOL that takes time 

It is... now... because it's been integrated into Unreal Engine.  You can literally enable it by pressing a button... but you still have to design a game around it... and guess what dipshit... games take time to develop... and RT has to be tweaked on a per game basis... and not every game uses Unreal Engine :drake: 

God you're dumb as shit.  Jon... just STOP talking about ray tracing.. you're ignorant as fuck dude :tom: 

13 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Not when it comes to ray tracing lol

which RTX cards themselves can barely do well at high resolutions.   So with that said you are arguing that paying $1200 dollars on a RTX 2080Ti for ray tracing at 4K is a smart choice than spending $350 on a VEGA 56 that could potentially do ray tracing at 1080p?

The gap there is immense, and I think what I said earlier stands firm. Vega 56 offers the most bang for your buck.   

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It is... now... because it's been integrated into Unreal Engine.  You can literally enable it by pressing a button... but you still have to design a game around it... and guess what dipshit... games take time to develop... and RT has to be tweaked on a per game basis... and not every game uses Unreal Engine :drake: 

God you're dumb as shit.  Jon... just STOP talking about ray tracing.. you're ignorant as fuck dude :tom: 

When are devs gonna press the button RTXgloppedMij ?? LoL

5 hours ago, JONBpc said:

When are devs gonna press the button RTXgloppedMij ?? LoL

They all accidentally clicked off the "Xbox platform" button instead.  It was the right decision :tom: 

:rofls: