FF7 Remake looks insane

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FF 7 gets it's fame for being the first game in the series that many people played. The game itself really isn't anything special in the gameplay department and I actually think 4, 5, and 6 are better

Jimbo, you're not allowed to bring food or drink around your PC?

Posted Images

@-GD- FFVII is amazing.  There's a reason why it smashed the competition, made RPGs mainstream and secured the success of the Playstation as a console.

Back in the day, being the age we were when it released, being a fan of the series since FF1.. the excitement of a huge 3 CD epic Final Fantasy game with incredible ground breaking graphics and cutscenes... the Playstation was breaking down barriers and bringing mature games to players everywhere.  Seeing the 3d graphics and summons for the first time was just :lawd: 

It's also got one of the best stories in a FF game.. an awesome cast of characters.  The battle system was awesome.  Finding new materia and combining them in interesting ways.  Shit was incredible.

But don't get me wrong.. I'm fully aware that I have rose tinted glasses for this game.  It dropped at the perfect time in my life and I have awesome memories of playing through this game with my best friend at the time.  I'm completely biased here... but the game was groundbreaking.  It changed the tone for gaming.  It was an awesome demonstration of the power of the Playstation, and being a game that simply wasn't possible on Nintendo's N64.

It's my favorite FF game, and my overall favorite game.  But FF6 is extremely close.  If that game got a proper remake with crazy next gen visuals and gameplay.. it would be a toss up.  I definitely can't hate on Sabo for saying 4/5/6 are better than 7.  That series of FF games is pretty much as perfect for the SNES era as FF7/8/9 are for the PS era.  They're the 6 best games in the series (not counting FF Tactics of course).  So while I think 7 is best, 6 definitely hangs and 4/5 are right there as well.

Anyway, this shit is like Christmas for me.  I really can't believe that were getting a Remake and it's of this fidelity.  I mean look at this shit.. it's crazy lol.

40847578403_1031093e47_h.jpg

47814007091_df3b844760_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

@-GD- pretty sure you will like the game for the graphics alone. ff7 has some really crazy moments and locations in the story. 

and the plot is actually pretty straightforward for the most part. there are a few plotwists that can go over your head in the original, i think they might do a better job explaining shit this time.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Doesn't look anything special imo . Will be more interesting to see outside , and if it will look any better than 15.

FFXV had numerous graphical issues that aren't present in FF7 based on this footage, and its thanks to UE4. Despite having pumped millions into Luminous (or whatever its called) it simply cannot compete with UE4.

FFXV used global illumination that almost no game this gen supports for its lighting solution. It's insane they even got it running on current gen systems.

So there was a huge trade off for the rest of the graphics to get that type of lighting up.

Honestly though UE4 just makes sense for third parties. KH3 and FF7 could use the streamlined and fast engine development.

Edited by Team 2019
7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I hate that this will be split into 3 + games. It makes zero sense

It makes a lot of sense. 180 dollars for one game. ROAF

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

It makes a lot of sense. 180 dollars for one game. ROAF

I mean in terms of their reasoning that it’s too big to be one game. Which is BS. There’s one big city and then an open world with a bunch of small towns they have to create after that poin

No reasons it’s bigger than Witcher or tons of other open world games

And I bet it’s not even open

35 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I mean in terms of their reasoning that it’s too big to be one game. Which is BS. There’s one big city and then an open world with a bunch of small towns they have to create after that poin

No reasons it’s bigger than Witcher or tons of other open world games

And I bet it’s not even open

The fidelity here is on another level compared to The Witcher 3.  Having an open world and a bunch of generic quests filling in between major story beats is not even close to the same as what this game will be.  FF7 has tons of content and it's all unique.  The designs of areas and assets requires FAR more work than TW3... which reuses assets all over the place.

Given the fidelity of the game, and the scope of the game/world.  I think it's understandable.  The main thing is that we don't know exactly how much they are going in on fleshing certain areas/levels/story/characters... so while I understand your viewpoint completely.. I'm currently looking at it as more of a chance for them to expand and really properly tell the story and events that happen throughout the game.  Which as a fan of the game, I'm more excited for.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Witcher 3 had very simple locations outside of Novigrad.

Recreating the varied locals of a prerendered PS1 game in this quality is an insane undertaking. There is a reason this game was 3 discs on PS1.

Lots of games were multi disc