FF7 Remake looks insane

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FF 7 gets it's fame for being the first game in the series that many people played. The game itself really isn't anything special in the gameplay department and I actually think 4, 5, and 6 are better

Jimbo, you're not allowed to bring food or drink around your PC?

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The fidelity here is on another level compared to The Witcher 3.  Having an open world and a bunch of generic quests filling in between major story beats is not even close to the same as what this game will be.  FF7 has tons of content and it's all unique.  The designs of areas and assets requires FAR more work than TW3... which reuses assets all over the place.

Given the fidelity of the game, and the scope of the game/world.  I think it's understandable.  The main thing is that we don't know exactly how much they are going in on fleshing certain areas/levels/story/characters... so while I understand your viewpoint completely.. I'm currently looking at it as more of a chance for them to expand and really properly tell the story and events that happen throughout the game.  Which as a fan of the game, I'm more excited for.

Nah Midgar needs a lot of work but the rest of the towns are generally tiny and the overworld really requires no more work than most open world games

Another huge thing about TW3 is how all of their dialog and most of their cutscene animations are  driven by their in game animation system.  They're very basic and since they don't have to do tons of unique animation, it allows them to make a lot more content.

Meanwhile, FF7's cutscenes are entirely uniquely animated..  It's not even close.

Like.....nothing was even shown expect for the same shit. So who knows what it looks like. Obviously its going to look better than Witcher 3, that's old as shit.

Immediately damage controlling buying one game 3 times because you are a FF fanboy lol. Im sure they are happy to have you.

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Like.....nothing was even shown expect for the same shit. So who knows what it looks like. Obviously its going to look better than Witcher 3, that's old as shit.

Immediately damage controlling buying one game 3 times because you are a FF fanboy lol. Im sure they are happy to have you.

it wasn't the same shit. they showed quite a bit more from the game than before and i'm starting to like it.

btw aerith forces that flower on cloud. in the original you can either buy one or tell her to fuck off :D 

I hope they don't change too much. I'm excited for Cait Sith :glad:  vincent (+ his riddle in the mansion) and yuffi stealing materia and chasing her in wutang :glad: 

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Another huge thing about TW3 is how all of their dialog and most of their cutscene animations are  driven by their in game animation system.  They're very basic and since they don't have to do tons of unique animation, it allows them to make a lot more content.

Meanwhile, FF7's cutscenes are entirely uniquely animated..  It's not even close.

Nobody is asking them to turn every moment into a CG cutscene or be entirely unique animations. A lot of it will be canned conversation animations and that’s fine

7 hours ago, Voidler said:

I mean in terms of their reasoning that it’s too big to be one game. Which is BS. There’s one big city and then an open world with a bunch of small towns they have to create after that poin

No reasons it’s bigger than Witcher or tons of other open world games

And I bet it’s not even open

FF 7 is their guaranteed cash cow, they're going to milk this bitch for all it's worth.

The bullshit reasoning I'm seeing from the defenders is just that, bullshit. I'm playing through Tales of Berseria right now, this game has just as much towns as FF 7 and they're all unique looking and the game is packed with other areas. Add in all the cutscenes and other stuff this game has to offer and I was surprised to see the game is barely 15 GB...

SquareEnix is full of shit, this is the same company that claimed having towns in FF XIII just wasn't technically possible despite the fact there were other JRPGs that THEY published proving them completely wrong.

6 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Witcher 3 had very simple locations outside of Novigrad.

Recreating the varied locals of a prerendered PS1 game in this quality is an insane undertaking. There is a reason this game was 3 discs on PS1.

PS1 used CDs. Not DVDs. The CDs only held like 650 MB and FMVs were the reason the game was on 3 discs. The game used pre-rendered backgrounds, essentially image files. Those barely take up much space.

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

Nobody is asking them to turn every moment into a CG cutscene or be entirely unique animations. A lot of it will be canned conversation animations and that’s fine

Yea, you're probably right.  We'll just have to wait and see what they do.  But I'm still of the opinion that even then this is way more ambitious (in a sense) than TW3 is/was.. but that games getting old now, and Cyberpunk is coming soon, which will be a massive game and will make TW3 look antiquated itself, from the same team.

It's also worth noting that KH3 has around 11h of cutscenes... and the vast majority aren't just repeating idle animations while talking.  So I wouldn't put it past them to make cutscenes out of everything lol.

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Take a look at FFXV as a base. It has very few varied locals, and one big city in which you basically can't do anything in. It's a big load of nothing with quest giver points on the map.

FF XV is not a good example. 10 years of developmental hell as well as the dev team being forced to use a problematic game engine.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, you're probably right.  We'll just have to wait and see what they do.  But I'm still of the opinion that even then this is way more ambitious (in a sense) than TW3 is/was.. but that games getting old now, and Cyberpunk is coming soon, which will be a massive game and will make TW3 look antiquated itself, from the same team.

It's also worth noting that KH3 has around 11h of cutscenes... and the vast majority aren't just repeating idle animations while talking.  So I wouldn't put it past them to make cutscenes out of everything lol.

FF 7 Remake won't even be half as ambitious as TW3.

Do you even follow SquareEnix LOL? They haven't been the standard setters for well over a decade now. Their games have consistently been behind the curve. SquareEnix is NOT Squaresoft.

Just now, Sabo said:

FF 7 Remake won't even be half as ambitious as TW3.

Do you even follow SquareEnix LOL? They haven't been the standard setters for well over a decade now. Their games have consistently been behind the curve. SquareEnix is NOT Squaresoft.

:roll: 

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You even admitted that you're extremely bias when it comes to FF 7 so someone has to be in here to balance out your ridiculous claims.

I'm biased when it comes to my love for the game... and looking past issues with the game... I'm not biased in saying that the amount of work to bring this game to life in this fidelity.. is much more ambitious than TW3..

"FF7R wont even be half as ambitious as TW3"

Talks about ridiculous claims :tom: 

You're just trying to start shit. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'm biased when it comes to my love for the game... and looking past issues with the game... I'm not biased in saying that the amount of work to bring this game to life in this fidelity.. is much more ambitious than TW3..

"FF7R wont even be half as ambitious as TW3"

Talks about ridiculous claims :tom: 

You're just trying to start shit. 

Everything we've seen of FF 7 Remake has looked very confined and is nowhere near the scope and scale of TW3. 

FF XIII had pretty hallways too but that "fidelity" didn't really help the game, now did it?

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Everything we've seen of FF 7 Remake has looked very confined and is nowhere near the scope and scale of TW3. 

FF XIII had pretty hallways too but that "fidelity" didn't really help the game, now did it?

Everything we've seen is visually on another level completely to TW3... and this is a tiny look at the first area of part 1 of a multiple part project... no shit what we've seen is confined.  LMAO talking about scope and scale...  Making a large open world is dogshit easy with the tools devs have.  The "scale" means fuck all... devs can easily populate a large area.. literally painting in trees, rocks, grass, ect..  It's the unique content and assets that need to be created... and most of TW3 is reused shit, and underground caves lmao.  It's all mostly the same looking shit across the entire map.

FF7 has TONS of locales and areas which are completely unique and require completely unique assets to be created and levels to be designed... while at the same time being familiar to what people know and expect from the original.

Again, I said... it remains to be seen how much they flesh out the levels and areas.. but in Midgar alone we have

Sector 1

Sector 1 Reactor

7th Heaven
Train Graveyard
Sector 5 Reactor
Sector 5 Church
Wall Market
Honey Bee Inn
Sewer
Shinra Headquarters
Midgar Highway
Midgar Wasteland

Then on top of designing all those areas, you have incredibly detailed cutscenes and set piece moments that happen within them..

Then we have the Chocobo Farm, the Mine, Fort Condor, Junon, Costa del Sol, Mt. Corel, the Gold Saucer... Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon.. Ancient Forest, Nibelheim.. and everything that happens there..  it goes on and on.

There's a literal FUCK TON of unique shit that happens in this game... and no... TW3's lengthy dialog scenes and fetch quests aren't nearly as ambitious as what this will likely be.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

SquareEnix is NOT Squaresoft.

ouch man... realizing this hurts. i think ff9 was the last game i enjoyed. 

27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Everything we've seen is visually on another level completely to TW3... and this is a tiny look at the first area of part 1 of a multiple part project... no shit what we've seen is confined.  LMAO talking about scope and scale...  Making a large open world is dogshit easy with the tools devs have.  The "scale" means fuck all... devs can easily populate a large area.. literally painting in trees, rocks, grass, ect..  It's the unique content and assets that need to be created... and most of TW3 is reused shit, and underground caves lmao.  It's all mostly the same looking shit across the entire map.

FF7 has TONS of locales and areas which are completely unique and require completely unique assets to be created and levels to be designed... while at the same time being familiar to what people know and expect from the original.

Again, I said... it remains to be seen how much they flesh out the levels and areas.. but in Midgar alone we have

Sector 1

Sector 1 Reactor

7th Heaven
Train Graveyard
Sector 5 Reactor
Sector 5 Church
Wall Market
Honey Bee Inn
Sewer
Shinra Headquarters
Midgar Highway
Midgar Wasteland

Then on top of designing all those areas, you have incredibly detailed cutscenes and set piece moments that happen within them..

Then we have the Chocobo Farm, the Mine, Fort Condor, Junon, Costa del Sol, Mt. Corel, the Gold Saucer... Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon.. Ancient Forest, Nibelheim.. and everything that happens there..  it goes on and on.

There's a literal FUCK TON of unique shit that happens in this game... and no... TW3's lengthy dialog scenes and fetch quests aren't nearly as ambitious as what this will likely be.

Sector 1 and 5 have the exact same load out. 7th Heaven is a tiny bar. Wall Market is the only decent size area. Honey Bee Inn is literally in the Wall Market area... The Sewers, Train Graveyard, and Midgar Highway? Goddamn you reaching, these areas are SMALL.  Hell, the majority of the areas you've said are small. I think you should go replay the game and refresh your memory, the game is not that big and is actually on the smaller side when compared to other games within it's own series. You revisit a LOT of areas in FF 7. 

The fact you think TW3 has fetch quests makes me seriously question if you've even played the game...  

This motherfucker trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill LOL...