FF7 Remake looks insane

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, you're probably right.  We'll just have to wait and see what they do.  But I'm still of the opinion that even then this is way more ambitious (in a sense) than TW3 is/was.. but that games getting old now, and Cyberpunk is coming soon, which will be a massive game and will make TW3 look antiquated itself, from the same team.

It's also worth noting that KH3 has around 11h of cutscenes... and the vast majority aren't just repeating idle animations while talking.  So I wouldn't put it past them to make cutscenes out of everything lol.

The only way I see it being more ambitious is if they significantly alter the world. Midgar more an open world city, outside towns are expanded significantly and the open world is BOTW like. Plus new side quests in addition to old ones.

In reality I expect Midgar will still be mostly linear, they’ll replace the world map with a path and towns won’t be any bigger 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FF 7 gets it's fame for being the first game in the series that many people played. The game itself really isn't anything special in the gameplay department and I actually think 4, 5, and 6 are better

Jimbo, you're not allowed to bring food or drink around your PC?

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Voidler said:

The only way I see it being more ambitious is if they significantly alter the world. Midgar more an open world city, outside towns are expanded significantly and the open world is BOTW like. Plus new side quests in addition to old ones.

In reality I expect Midgar will still be mostly linear, they’ll replace the world map with a path and towns won’t be any bigger 

Pretty much what I'm thinking we'll get as well. I'm also expecting them to just straight up remove a lot of the smaller areas. Like for example, I wouldn't be surprised if the Train Graveyard was removed. It's an area that's not really needed. When Don Corneo drops you down the trap hole you go through the Sewers and then through the Train Graveyard, once you exit the Train Graveyard you arrive at the Sector 7 Tower where Avalanche is fighting off Shinra Soldiers and the Turks. I can totally see them removing the Train Graveyard altogether and instead have the exit of the Sewers put you near the Sector 7 Tower.

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

Sector 1 and 5 have the exact same load out. 7th Heaven is a tiny bar. Wall Market is the only decent size area. Honey Bee Inn is literally in the Wall Market area... The Sewers, Train Graveyard, and Midgar Highway? Goddamn you reaching, these areas are SMALL.  Hell, the majority of the areas you've said are small. I think you should go replay the game and refresh your memory, the game is not that big and is actually on the smaller side when compared to other games within it's own series. You revisit a LOT of areas in FF 7. 

The fact you think TW3 has fetch quests makes me seriously question if you've even played the game...  

This motherfucker trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill LOL...

ROFL... you are so fucking clueless.. they don't just have to design the buildings, which are unique and have character... but the surrounding areas as well...  And they have to interconnect.  It has to actually be crafted.. and hilariously, that's still more unique shit than the same wooden shacks which can literally be pre-configured in different size configurations in TW3 and then plopped down by the artist.  I'm simply listing unique visually distinct things within areas and areas themselves... in one part of the entire game of FF7.

Telling me to replay the game to refresh my memory is hilarious.  The Shinra HQ alone will be require more effort than 90% of TW3's fucking map.  Jesus christ get a fucking clue dude.  These are well known areas, levels... not like TW3 where nobody knows what to expect for 90% of the game and they can just plop shit around all over the place...  There's FAR more setpieces in FF7 than TW3.. which have to be specially crafted.  TW3 ain't got shit on this, give me a break.

And in your other post, you talk about them removing stuff... but my expectation is that if they are making 3 games.. they want to be as faithful as possible, and possibly expand certain elements...  See, you're already making excuses as to what they'd have to do to make this game at this level.. you're talking about them cutting things.  Which is exactly what would happen if they made it a singular game.  Things are going to be changed a bit, and reworked... because designing these areas to properly integrate into the environments and each other will require it in many cases.

And who the fuck is saying it's the biggest game ever?  Designing any of 16bit/32bit FF games in this fidelity would be a massive fucking undertaking... and definitely more ambitious than TW3.  It's almost like you're trying to say that FF7 itself wasn't ambitious... because if you think FF6 is bigger.. then what was FF7?  Just prettier gfx?  Yea... and that's what makes it ambitious.  FF7 and the visual fidelity of it is what made it impressive.  They could tell their story and present it in new and interesting ways... and it was hugely ambitious because of that.

...and that's the same thing that makes this truly ambitious.  It's the fidelity of the animations, the character models, the locations need to all be raised to a certain quality level... It's a fucking huge undertaking.  You're trying so hard to downplay the hell out of it.

And... ROFL omfg.... you don't think TW3 has fetch quests???  It's fucking full of them.  Jesus christ.. you'll say anything to try to argue with me :kaz: 

Devs next gen 

Well we realized that creating game worlds is too hard . Too many unique environments.  Too big city . 

Lmao fuck off with this shit 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Almost every floor of the Shinra HQ looked the same, they're just gonna shuffle around many of the same assets for that part....remij is definitely overreacting.

Nah.  Not overreacting.  The game is going to be massive :glad: 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

why are you shitting on witcher 3 so much :mjcry:

Because he's trying desperately to defend his point. TW3, the game with critical acclaim and multiple GOTY awards... 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

ROFL... you are so fucking clueless.. they don't just have to design the buildings, which are unique and have character... but the surrounding areas as well...  And they have to interconnect.  It has to actually be crafted.. and hilariously, that's still more unique shit than the same wooden shacks which can literally be pre-configured in different size configurations in TW3 and then plopped down by the artist.  I'm simply listing unique visually distinct things within areas and areas themselves... in one part of the entire game of FF7.

Telling me to replay the game to refresh my memory is hilarious.  The Shinra HQ alone will be require more effort than 90% of TW3's fucking map.  Jesus christ get a fucking clue dude.  These are well known areas, levels... not like TW3 where nobody knows what to expect for 90% of the game and they can just plop shit around all over the place...  There's FAR more setpieces in FF7 than TW3.. which have to be specially crafted.  TW3 ain't got shit on this, give me a break.

And in your other post, you talk about them removing stuff... but my expectation is that if they are making 3 games.. they want to be as faithful as possible, and possibly expand certain elements...  See, you're already making excuses as to what they'd have to do to make this game at this level.. you're talking about them cutting things.  Which is exactly what would happen if they made it a singular game.  Things are going to be changed a bit, and reworked... because designing these areas to properly integrate into the environments and each other will require it in many cases.

And who the fuck is saying it's the biggest game ever?  Designing any of 16bit/32bit FF games in this fidelity would be a massive fucking undertaking... and definitely more ambitious than TW3.  It's almost like you're trying to say that FF7 itself wasn't ambitious... because if you think FF6 is bigger.. then what was FF7?  Just prettier gfx?  Yea... and that's what makes it ambitious.  FF7 and the visual fidelity of it is what made it impressive.  They could tell their story and present it in new and interesting ways... and it was hugely ambitious because of that.

...and that's the same thing that makes this truly ambitious.  It's the fidelity of the animations, the character models, the locations need to all be raised to a certain quality level... It's a fucking huge undertaking.  You're trying so hard to downplay the hell out of it.

And... ROFL omfg.... you don't think TW3 has fetch quests???  It's fucking full of them.  Jesus christ.. you'll say anything to try to argue with me :kaz: 

You SERIOUSLY need to go refresh your memory of FF 7. Holy shit, I know you said you were bias but goddamn now you're acting asinine...

The majority of the towns in FF 7 consist of at most: 3 houses, a shop, and an inn. Calling them "towns" is awfully generous. Hell, two of the towns aren't even that. Bone Village and Corel are literally just a couple tents with a few NPCs. The only actual towns in this game that would actually require a lot of work are Midgar, Wutai and Golden Saucer.

Remaking this game is nowhere near this massive project you're making it out to be.

Image result for final fantasy vii townsImage result for final fantasy vii townsimage.jpeg.8f664b593bff17068fc35909ecd8b938.jpegRelated imageRelated imageImage result for final fantasy vii townsImage result for final fantasy vii towns

Wow, guys... Look how huge these towns are... Clearly they're not going to be able to reuse assets either. Everything is going to be 100% unique. 

:eyeroll:

STFU, Remi...

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

^this idiot thinks they're going to be 1:1 diorama copies of the original but in 3d :kaz: 

Sabo, stop talking... you're embarrassing. :rofl: 

Until they show otherwise, yeah. Why do you think Voidler was making it a point that they need to expand the towns? Because the towns aren't big. Considering SEs history of cutting corners when it comes to their games (look no further than FF XIII and FF XV), I don't see why anyone should think otherwise.

Keep being a delusional idiot though. 

21 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Image result for final fantasy vii townsImage result for final fantasy vii townsimage.jpeg.8f664b593bff17068fc35909ecd8b938.jpegRelated imageRelated imageImage result for final fantasy vii townsImage result for final fantasy vii towns

Wow, guys... Look how huge these towns are... Clearly they're not going to be able to reuse assets either. Everything is going to be 100% unique. 

:eyeroll:

STFU, Remi...

tbf thats just scratching the surface of the towns and isnt displaying interiors for all those structures. then all of the towns are just like 50-60% of environmental assets, because then you have dungeons.

it probably is close to impossible to recreate those environments in full 3d with the kind of fidelity people expect. looking at re2make and this trailer, they still dont match the prerendered backgrounds imo.

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Until they show otherwise, yeah. Why do you think Voidler was making it a point that they need to expand the towns? Because the towns aren't big. Considering SEs history of cutting corners when it comes to their games (look no further than FF XIII and FF XV), I don't see why anyone should think otherwise.

Keep being a delusional idiot though. 

...maybe because they're releasing the game across 3 parts :cosby2:

...and maybe because all the trailers and art designs we've seen so far show the scale as being massively bigger and more complex...

Look at Midgar's design in the original reveal...

I mean... it's what you know... but it's MASSIVELY expanded in detail..  They HAVE to make it more 'realistic'... the fact that you think that they'd literally just copy the pre-rendered backgrounds for the design of the towns and areas is why I think you're so fucking stupid.  

FinalFantasyVIIRemake-2.jpg

Absolutely EVERYTHING we've seen so far shows them greatly expanding the areas and making them more LOGICAL.

If you took FF7's BG's and areas and did a 1:1.. no shit it would look dumb and retarded as fuck.  You'd have to be fucking stupid to think that... based on what we've seen alone.  Use your fucking head...this is what I'm talking about.  You don't just have a few shacks in a circle and call it a town... This fidelity wont allow them to do that... which is exactly why I keep bringing up the fidelity that they are choosing to make the game.  It absolutely is a massive endeavor.

I'm gonna start calling you Sabo Snow because you know nothing :tom:   

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

tbf thats just scratching the surface of the towns and isnt displaying interiors for all those structures. then all of the towns are just like 50-60% of environmental assets, because then you have dungeons.

it probably is close to impossible to recreate those environments in full 3d with the kind of fidelity people expect. looking at re2make and this trailer, they still dont match the prerendered backgrounds imo.

Been awhile since I've replayed the original RE2 so my memory is hazy on it.

A lot of the interiors in FF 7 though are like 2-3 rooms, if that. Really not that big inside. Shops and Inns are usually just a single room where you go to the counter and talk to the shopkeep.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

...maybe because they're releasing the game across 3 parts :cosby2:

...and maybe because all the trailers and art designs we've seen so far show the scale as being massively bigger and more complex...

Look at Midgar's design in the original reveal...

I mean... it's what you know... but it's MASSIVELY expanded in detail..  They HAVE to make it more 'realistic'... the fact that you think that they'd literally just copy the pre-rendered backgrounds for the design of the towns and areas is why I think you're so fucking stupid.  

FinalFantasyVIIRemake-2.jpg

Absolutely EVERYTHING we've seen so far shows them greatly expanding the areas and making them more LOGICAL.

If you took FF7's BG's and areas and did a 1:1.. no shit it would look dumb and retarded as fuck.  You'd have to be fucking stupid to think that... based on what we've seen alone.  Use your fucking head...this is what I'm talking about.  You don't just have a few shacks in a circle and call it a town... This fidelity wont allow them to do that... which is exactly why I keep bringing up the fidelity that they are choosing to make the game.  It absolutely is a massive endeavor.

I'm gonna start calling you Sabo Snow because you know nothing :tom:   

Motherfucker I've already said Midgar, Wutai and Golden Saucer are the towns that are going to require a lot of work because of their size...

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Motherfucker I've already said Midgar, Wutai and Golden Saucer are the towns that are going to require a lot of work because of their size...

That shit extrapolates across the entire game.  Even the smaller towns/areas are going to require lots of work... The experience has to be consistent.. and there's tons of areas and places which are massively different from each other.  All the set pieces and mini games and shit like that.  It's huge man.. stop being a Remi hater :bena: 

Of course I know that it's not going to be 100% of the original.. we already know that some things will be changed.  But all I'm saying dude is that if they are choosing to make it across 3 games... then it's REASONABLE to expect them to really go into detail and flesh things out.