is there a game series you are a complete mark for?

for me it's metal slug. i love this game.

i grew up with 2d run and gun shooters and this one for me is that style perfected. 

i first  played it in march 1996 and loved it. i couldnt afford a neo geo (still cant :D) so i paid my cousin to put both games and a emulator on a cd and send it to me in america. played both to death and loved it.

this was in 2001 and ive since beaten the game like...i dont know 1 thousand times? and i still love it.

played 3 when i moved to miami in a super market arcade.

still aint played 6 and 7 cause i cant emulate them but id be ok buying them on ps4/switch

pa_018.jpg

7 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Total War :dreamy:

do you remember the original shogun? 

i remember i got a gaming pc back then and was gonna buy it. got UT99, deus ex and shogo instead

28 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

do you remember the original shogun? 

i remember i got a gaming pc back then and was gonna buy it. got UT99, deus ex and shogo instead

I remember it from my youth, but I wasn't really into strategy games back then (mind you I enjoyed board games like Risk, Diplomacy, etc.) but I first played it in 2004 with the original Rome.

Since then I've put thousands of hours into the games, over 2700 hours in Medieval 2 alone...

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

I remember it from my youth, but I wasn't really into strategy games back then (mind you I enjoyed board games like Risk, Diplomacy, etc.) but I first played it in 2004 with the original Rome.

Since then I've put thousands of hours into the games, over 2700 hours in Medieval 2 alone...

i used to know someone who swore by that series. put a shit ton of hours into shogun, bought rome and had to turn everything super low cause he had to play it

3 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

i used to know someone who swore by that series. put a shit ton of hours into shogun, bought rome and had to turn everything super low cause he had to play it

Well the modding community is quite diligent about adding tons of content to the games. 

Plus I never thought I would enjoy the fantasy setting of Warhammer, but it's a superbly done game.

7 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

the intro to botw alone would make anyone a mark for zelda

The first time experiencing Super Mario 64 was just amazing. Same for when Hyrule Field opened in OoT. 

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well the modding community is quite diligent about adding tons of content to the games. 

Plus I never thought I would enjoy the fantasy setting of Warhammer, but it's a superbly done game.

im surprised it took so long to do a fantasy setting

3 minutes ago, Handsome Horse said:

im surprised it took so long to do a fantasy setting

yeah, especially because Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, and the Zelda universe were modded into Medieval 2 around '08/'09. It was another 6 years before they teamed up with the Workshop guys for Warhammer.