I never would have thought late 90s PC parts would go up in value

WTF https://www.ebay.com/i/333155770229?chn=ps

This was my very first motherboard I bought with my own money back in the day. I remember throwing it out a couple years ago after realizing it was a waste to keep holding on to it.  

Seeing how much it goes for now, I realize the errors of my way.  :wow:

Edited by The Mother Fucker
7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

lol "vintage" .. are people hanging these on their walls now or something?

my gtx 560 definitely deserves something like that, i applied fresh thermal paste before i put it back in the box. (RIP my love :mjcry:

My Phenom II X6 1100T is one of the best investments I ever made. I bought it for like $100 back then brand new and it can sell for more than that today. Apart from it being an amazing processor that I would definitely still use today if I really couldn't afford anything better, it was the best processor for the AM3 non + socket I believe so maybe that's why it's desired so much. People wanting to upgrade a processor and not the rest of the components.

5 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

My Phenom II X6 1100T is one of the best investments I ever made. I bought it for like $100 back then brand new and it can sell for more than that today. Apart from it being an amazing processor that I would definitely still use today if I really couldn't afford anything better, it was the best processor for the AM3 non + socket I believe so maybe that's why it's desired so much. People wanting to upgrade a processor and not the rest of the components.

I had a Phenom X4 940 Black Edition which was a great CPU coupled with my two HD 4890's at the time and then a single HD 6870, but as soon as I Crossfired the 6870's the CPU bottleneck became exceedingly apparent and then I got a 2600k, been using it ever since. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They were Dual, Tri, Quad and Hexa core. 

played around with the idea of a tri but went with a intel back then. my first ever intel too.

how did 3,4 and hexa handle games?

Computers that were built for businesses 10-15 years ago had these parts.

I think regular SDRAM is also expensive.

There was an office neighbor that had an automated phone system that ran off a 20 year old computer, and they were always trying to get parts for it because its just easier to keep that old system running rather than turning everything over to a service company.