The reason I'm even posting this rumour is because it's so close, and it automatically debunks itself in a few weeks.

PlayStation Xbox next gen Anonymous 05/14/19(Tue)13:34:33 No.462141875
PS5 over 12tf
Xbox premium over 11tf

PS5 blowing us away. Seems way more advanced than Xbox even the upper end model. Reveal June 3 for PS5.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Team 2019  

You're dumbass got raped last week for trying to tell us that its nothing but Sony TVs   Even though Sony has about 2.5 times the size of MAU than Microsoft, Sony is still growing at a faste

It'd be awfully mean of Sony to intentionally hint at PS5 just to steal headlines from MS.

So its possible. But I doubt it would be anything more than some teaser trailer announcing a future date in which they will talk about the new hardware.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It'd be awfully mean of Sony to intentionally hint at PS5 just to steal headlines from MS.

So its possible. But I doubt it would be anything more than some teaser trailer announcing a future date in which they will talk about the new hardware.

it will be a teaser for a teaser

42 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We were promised more FF7 in June. So maybe we are going to get a big State of Play?

Yeah because S-E has an E3 conference in June. The last FFVII trailer during the State of Play had the PS4 logo on it.

4chan :mj:

Work at studio...in the US. OP is technically correct. We have had ps5 devkit for three weeks and scarlett dev kit for one week.

Right now, ps5 has more tf than anaconda. From our limited testing, anaconda will actually push better visuals though. Anaconda has a pretty advanced (maybe not advanced I'm not a chip nerd) custom version of navi. Basically, MS did a lot of custom work on navi that helps push better visuals than ps5. OP nailed the tf number but it was either a lucky guess or he is lying because ps5 devkit isn't more powerful or advanced than Anaconda.

Didn't want to make a separate thread but a verified insider at resetera said MS was planning to gain the performance advantage by being a loss leader and didn't expect Sony to loss lead. Currently the PS5 GPU is more powerful and the only thing MS can do at this point to at least match it is to increase clock speeds.

Also suspect the DDR4/HBM2 approach is true.

Edited by Team 2019
24 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Didn't want to make a separate thread but a verified insider at resetera said MS was planning to gain the performance advantage by being a loss leader and didn't expect Sony to loss lead. Currently the PS5 GPU is more powerful and the only thing MS can do at this point to at least match it is to increase clock speeds.

Microsoft upping the clocks on a gaming console? They better not go cheap on the cooling solution.:bena:

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I wholeheartedly doubt this on every front. I don't think Sony will ever loss lead again because it took the PS4 to get them out of the red with the entire PS3 generation, think about that. They didn't turn a profit that entire generation. I'm sure they're quite convinced at this point that power is but isn't that important to their brand and while they're doing fine now if they mess up it could cause irreparable damage to the entire company, that's not a handicap Microsoft shares with Sony. 

Now I can see them having a $500 console this time around and I expect the same from Microsoft but I'd hedge the bet that Sony will come in at a $480 production price while Microsoft will be swinging more near the $600 range. Microsoft has a lot of software and service contingencies to eliminate that gap, hell a Lockhart console alone if priced at say $400 with a $300 production cost could theoretically eliminate losses from Anaconda. 

I don't see these consoles being as close as people think, I don't see Sony exceeding 10 TF and I don't see Microsoft falling below 12 TF. If push came to shove I can see Microsoft's system working off of Vega 10 XT with Navi feature sets to deliver higher performance and undercut direct Navi APU cost.