Red Dead Redemption 2 (24 million sold + 1.09 patch)

https://rockstarintel.com/take-two-q4-2019-earnings-report-red-dead-redemption-2-has-sold-over-24-million-copies-worldwide

Red Dead Redemption 2 has now sold 24 Million copies worldwide. Only selling 1 Million copies in the last 3 months. Take-Two Interactive have said it’s still selling better than expected.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1127227/Red-Dead-Online-patch-notes-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-version-1-09

HDR has been fixed.

• A new HDR Calibration menu has been added. Players can now switch between the existing ‘Cinematic HDR’ and new ‘Game HDR’ styles, and a new option has been added to allow manual adjustment of Peak Brightness values for different displays

The missing ambient occlusion has been fixed.

• Quality improvements and performance optimizations have been made to ambient occlusion in order to match the on-disc version of the game (1.00). Lighting changes were originally made in the Day One Patch (1.02) to prevent framerate issues.
Just now, lynux3 said:

I wonder if HDR really got fixed. The current implementation is horrible.

I'm downloading the patch right now, I'll let you know what it does if anything. Them addressing it has to mean they fixed it, it would be weird to revisit it and it not be fixed.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm downloading the patch right now, I'll let you know what it does if anything. Them addressing it has to mean they fixed it, it would be weird to revisit it and it not be fixed.

Sweet. Interested to see if that dude from RetardEra can also do an analysis.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Sweet. Interested to see if that dude from RetardEra can also do an analysis.

It appears fixed, they have a peak luminescence and paper white adjustment now whereas the old mode (which you can still select) is locked.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Nice, looks pretty substantial. After seeing Days Gone's HDR I remember Red Dead looking bland in comparison. I'll have to reinstall it later and check it out.

It doesn't look blown out and washed out anymore, there's a lot of contrast and distinction now.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It doesn't look blown out and washed out anymore, there's a lot of contrast and distinction now.

You said it looked more realistic before.  I'm guessing this is a downgrade? :bena: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

You said it looked more realistic before.  I'm guessing this is a downgrade? :bena: 

The color grading was more in tune with reality with their previous HDR implementation, it was still washed and blown out but more visually representative of what you would see outside. The SDR variant was far more saturated than realistic color grading, they've balanced it out. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sounds great. Glad Rockstar went back and unfucked that, especially for something as big as Red Dead.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The color grading was more in tune with reality with their previous HDR implementation, it was still washed and blown out but more visually representative of what you would see outside. The SDR variant was far more saturated than realistic color grading, they've balanced it out. 

:mjpls: 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Damn it looks good. Forgot how good this game looks. :whew: 

Yeah it's probably the best looking game ever created not to mention the most impressively running. The draw distance is absolutely nuts as well, when you go to the highest peaks you can see everything and none of it looks like low poly swaps. How they got this to native 4K with a solid framerate is pretty baffling. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!