GamePass doesn't have over 10 million subscribers = False. Its got less than 10 mil.

The fact that Microsoft goes out of their way to NOT release numbers means that they know its disappointing.

This service has been going on for two years, and they're still doing $1/month promotional deals.

Reminds me of Spotify, a company that has almost never turned a profit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jehurey said:

The fact that Microsoft goes out of their way to NOT release numbers means that they know its disappointing.

This service has been going on for two years, and they're still doing $1/month promotional deals.

Not releasing numbers isn't indicative of anything. Companies state nothing when they're doing great, mediocre or poorly. 

There's no indication of anything based upon announcement. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Not releasing numbers isn't indicative of anything. Companies state nothing when they're doing great, mediocre or poorly. 

There's no indication of anything based upon announcement. 

No, it is.

If they had crossed into double-digit million they would've announced it.

It is a bad indicator if only 25% of the Xbox userbase is using this, because it either means that the service isn't catching on among active users OR even worse.

.............there aren't 40 million genuine Xbox owners out there, which is another claim I've made previously. Xbox Launch version, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X barely reach 40 million. And let's be honest, we know damn well those are the SAME people re-buying another Xbox because their launch version is a piece of shit.

And they got an X after owning an OG Xbox/Xbox One S.  I think the actual Xbox userbase is below 30 million. That is to say, there are less than 30 million Xbox consumers who have bought those 40 million Xboxes.

That's just the truth :reg: I think that, unofficially, the number of genuine Switch owners has exceeded genuine Xbox owners.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it is.

If they had crossed into double-digit million they would've announced it.

It is a bad indicator if only 25% of the Xbox userbase is using this, because it either means that the service isn't catching on among active users OR even worse.

.............there aren't 40 million genuine Xbox owners out there, which is another claim I've made previously. Xbox Launch version, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X barely reach 40 million. And let's be honest, we know damn well those are the SAME people re-buying another Xbox because their launch version is a piece of shit.

And they got an X after owning an OG Xbox/Xbox One S.  I think the actual Xbox userbase is below 30 million. That is to say, there are less than 30 million Xbox consumers who have bought those 40 million Xboxes.

That's just the truth :reg: I think that, unofficially, the number of genuine Switch owners has exceeded genuine Xbox owners.

Which is the entire reason Microsoft focuses on engagement and MAU's, it's the only tangible and meaningful figure related to the health of a platform and its games. It has nothing to do with the PlayStation 4 or how they compare to it. Did they announce that Halo 5 had sold 5 million when it did so in a 3 month period? No, it's not a part of their MO, they're not hiding anything it's just not the way they release or gauge platform health any longer.

"If I sold a console two years ago and now it's in a closet collecting dust, that's not good for the gamer, that's not good for the developers, and frankly, it's not good for Microsoft.The nice thing about us selling consoles is your console install base will always go up. But that's not really a reflection of how healthy your ecosystem is. We focus on the monthly active user base because we know those are gamers making a conscious choice to pick our content, our games, our platform, our service. We want to gauge our success on how happy and engaged those customers are. We need to keep them happy."

This same logic you're finding applicable applies to the PlayStation 4 ecosystem as well, if not more so. Theorhetically the turnover rate for PS4 to Pro adoption from existing users should be even higher so what is there? 60 million active PS4 users? Either way it's a bunch of speculative figures and a waste of time trying to figure out. GamePass could be at 10 million, and let's just say that it is for hypothetical reasons. Them not announcing whether it is or not doesn't change whether it is, this is something you have A LOT of trouble understanding. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Which is the entire reason Microsoft focuses on engagement and MAU's,

Because they lost the console war, yeah, we already know.

Sorry, but them counting Windows 10 users that logged into the free Xbox app isn't a measure of success.

That's like Spotify measuring success by counting how many free accounts they have. I have like 6 of them because I needed to use a new email address to take advantage of their $1/months promotions. LOL

Yeah, I'm probably gonna be calling it here within the next 2-3 weeks. Switch officially surpasses Xbox One and Xbox One officially becomes third place.

Just in time for E3, how fortuitous.:blessed:

Just now, jehurey said:

Because they lost the console war, yeah, we already know.

Sorry, but them counting Windows 10 users that logged into the free Xbox app isn't a measure of success.

That's like Spotify measuring success by counting how many free accounts they have. I have like 6 of them because I needed to use a new email address to take advantage of their $1/months promotions. LOL

Yeah, I'm probably gonna be calling it here within the next 2-3 weeks. Switch officially surpasses Xbox One and Xbox One officially becomes third place.

Just in time for E3, how fortuitous.:blessed:

You can stop talking now you flaccid bitch.

He said during a briefing attending by GameSpot that people ask him if Microsoft's decision to no longer share Xbox One sales numbers is a result of not wanting to make a comparison against the hugely successful PlayStation 4.

"The answer is no," Spencer said.

Monthly active users means the number of people who logged into Xbox Live in the past 30 days and it counts not only Xbox One, but also Xbox 360 and PC. For Microsoft's latest quarter, it had 48 million monthly active users.

Spencer went on to say that Microsoft, in holding back Xbox One sales numbers, is not trying to hide anything. In fact, the executive said it is riskier to divulge Xbox Live figures, as these can go down on a quarter-to-quarter basis, while console shipment numbers can only increase.

"If I sold a console two years ago and now it's in a closet collecting dust, that's not good for the gamer, that's not good for the developers, and frankly, it's not good for Microsoft," Spencer said. "The nice thing about us selling consoles is your console install base will always go up. But that's not really a reflection of how healthy your ecosystem is. We focus on the monthly active user base because we know those are gamers making a conscious choice to pick our content, our games, our platform, our service. We want to gauge our success on how happy and engaged those customers are. We need to keep them happy."

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Plenty of companies aren't profitable while aggressively pursuing growth. It isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Unlike Game Pass, Spotify is at least popular, though. :rofls:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You can stop talking now you flaccid bitch.

He said during a briefing attending by GameSpot that people ask him if Microsoft's decision to no longer share Xbox One sales numbers is a result of not wanting to make a comparison against the hugely successful PlayStation 4.

"The answer is no," Spencer said.

Monthly active users means the number of people who logged into Xbox Live in the past 30 days and it counts not only Xbox One, but also Xbox 360 and PC. For Microsoft's latest quarter, it had 48 million monthly active users.

Spencer went on to say that Microsoft, in holding back Xbox One sales numbers, is not trying to hide anything. In fact, the executive said it is riskier to divulge Xbox Live figures, as these can go down on a quarter-to-quarter basis, while console shipment numbers can only increase.

"If I sold a console two years ago and now it's in a closet collecting dust, that's not good for the gamer, that's not good for the developers, and frankly, it's not good for Microsoft," Spencer said. "The nice thing about us selling consoles is your console install base will always go up. But that's not really a reflection of how healthy your ecosystem is. We focus on the monthly active user base because we know those are gamers making a conscious choice to pick our content, our games, our platform, our service. We want to gauge our success on how happy and engaged those customers are. We need to keep them happy."

Oh my god:tom:

The bar is so low, and they ONLY have 48 million "users"?????? LOL

I would've expected 40-50 million "users" on PC, alone. Damn, even Windows 10 is way behind in adoption rate.

I think I'll do it during the first week of June and make the announcement that Xbox is in 3rd place.:interesting:

Edited by jehurey
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh my god:tom:

The bar is so low, and they ONLY have 48 million "users"?????? LOL

I would've expected 40-50 million "users" on PC, alone. Damn, even Windows 10 is way behind in adoption rate.

I think I'll do it during the first week of June and make the announcement that Xbox is in 3rd place.:interesting:

They're at like 60 million, this is a few years old... and again these are MAU's, not total users.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're at like 60 million, this is a few years old... and again these are MAU's, not total users.

Their require is that they "logged in" once in the past 30 days. LOL

I open up my Xbox live app about once every month, sometimes by accident because I'm trying to click something else. LOL

Those could be Minecraft users who have fuck-all to do with playing other Xbox games.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Their require is that they "logged in" once in the past 30 days. LOL

I open up my Xbox live app about once every month, sometimes by accident because I'm trying to click something else. LOL

Those could be Minecraft users who have fuck-all to do with playing other Xbox games.

It's a log in and the launch of a non-F2P game, it's the same criteria Valve uses. And what do you say to the health of the PlayStation eco system? With PS3 and PS4 they only have 34 million PS+ subscribers out of a 175 million install base...

Only in the delusional mind of some faggot would this be viewed as bad.

sZsA3st.png

Growth, growth, growth...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's a log in and the launch of a non-F2P game, it's the same criteria Valve uses. And what do you say to the health of the PlayStation eco system? With PS3 and PS4 they only have 34 million PS+ subscribers out of a 175 million install base...

Only in the delusional mind of some faggot would this be viewed as bad.

Skygtdp.png

Did you just compare a FREE service login versis the login of PAID subscribers of Playstation Plus??????

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

He keeps on burying himself. LOL

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did you just compare a FREE service login versis the login of PAID subscribers of Playstation Plus??????

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

He keeps on burying himself. LOL

What are Sony's MAU's? Can you find that? The irony though is even if you could it includes Vue, Music, Television networking etc. A bunch of non-gaming crap rolled into the "PlayStation Network".

Edited by DynamiteCop!

What are Sony's MAU's? Can you find that?

Check the NPDs for the past 3-4 years, rubberdub:drake:

There's tons, TONS more used PS4 systems in the market, yet Gamestop gives the PS4pro the same trade-in value as the newer Xbox One X.

The market...............ahem, let me clarify.................the PAYING consumer market, does not lie.:reg:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Check the NPDs for the past 3-4 years, rubberdub:drake:

There's tons, TONS more used PS4 systems in the market, yet Gamestop gives the PS4pro the same trade-in value as the newer Xbox One X.

The market...............ahem, let me clarify.................the PAYING consumer market, does not lie.:reg:

What are Sony's MAU's?

Are you actually retarded?

People who actually go out of their way to spend HUNDREDS of dollars in hardware = better measurement of consumer loyalty and future business potential than a company counting pointless online friends list service.

You know it............I know it.

Go cry somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

People who actually go out of their way to spend HUNDREDS of dollars in hardware = better measurement of consumer loyalty and future business potential than a company counting pointless online friends list service.

You know it............I know it.

Go cry somewhere else.

That's not true at all, you have no idea what the retention rate is which is exactly what MAU's gauge, who hasn't let their system sit, who is still using what they bought.

You're brain dead.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's not true at all, you have no idea what the retention rate is which is exactly what MAU's gauge, who hasn't let their system sit, who is still using what they bought.

You're brain dead.

Yes it true.

If they aren't using it....it would be traded in at a much higher rate, and Gamestop's trade-in value for the PS4 and PS4pro would plummet.

It hasn't.

Like I said...........the PAYING consumer market (and PAYING re-sale market, for that matter)............do...........not..............lie.:blessed: