GamePass doesn't have over 10 million subscribers = False. Its got less than 10 mil.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

PlayStation Network's monthly active user base is over 90 million as of the end of 2018.

Which is horrendously skewed by PSN incorporating every aspect of Sony's business including those which are non-gaming. It's as impossible to derive a clear cut figure as it is to derive PS4 from PS3 or Xbox One from PC. The difference though is Microsoft's number is entirely rooted in gaming, Sony's is not. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Which is horrendously skewed by PSN incorporating every aspect of Sony's business including those which are non-gaming. It's as impossible to derive a clear cut figure as it is to derive PS4 from PS3 or Xbox One from PC. The difference though is Microsoft's number is entirely rooted in gaming, Sony's is not. 

How is it skewed? What is PlayStation Network incorporating that isn't associated with PlayStation Network?

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

How is it skewed? What is PlayStation Network incorporating that isn't associated with PlayStation Network?

It's incorporating Television accounts (TV's), Television broadcasting, Music services etc.  

That's not gaming related, that skews the numbers. All of that stuff crap runs through PSN and is a metric of their total figure. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Lol saying 25 percent of a userbase using something is bad .

do you see the other 75 of the userbase buying actual Xbox games?

Switch version of MK11 is currently outselling the XBO version on amazon, and its not even close.:bena:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It's incorporating Television accounts (TV's), Television broadcasting, Music services etc.  

That's not gaming related, that skews the numbers. 

You mean PlayStation Vue? What music service are you referring to?

That's not gaming related, that skews the numbers. 

LOL Sony has stopped manufacturing TVs.

You think that people are logging into other Sony electronic products and creating Playstation accounts?:tom:

I'm at a loss here. Somehow PlayStation Network's monthly active users are skewed because there are 500K PlayStation Vue subscribers (Oct. 2018) logging into PlayStation Network. Apparently there is a phantom music service that no one is aware of, except DynamiteCop, which requires a PlayStation Network account.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL Sony has stopped manufacturing TVs.

You think that people are logging into other Sony electronic products and creating Playstation accounts?:tom:

Not sure what you mean. Sony most definitely does manufacture TVs and some of them are the best in their class. However, they definitely don't require a PlayStation Network account to utilize.

Edited by lynux3
8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You mean PlayStation Vue? What music service are you referring to?

Yes Vue, also network accounts created on TV's which log in upon startup, PlayStation Music via Spotify, non-Sony affiliated services like Netflix, Pandora etc. Sony's MAU's are determined by any usage on their network, it doesn't matter what you're doing, where, with what or how long. 

Any network usage from any service they provide is a MAU, it doesn't have to be game related. Microsoft's is entirely game related, you have to launch a non-F2P game in any given month to be calculated as a MAU.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Yes Vue, also network accounts created on TV's which log in upon startup, PlayStation Music via Spotify, non-Sony affiliated services like Netflix, Pandora etc. Sony's MAU's are determined by any usage on their network, it doesn't matter what you're doing, where, with what or how long. 

Any network usage from any service they provide is a MAU, it doesn't have to be game related. Microsoft's is entirely game related.  

:|

Any network usage from any service they provide is a MAU, it doesn't have to be game related. Microsoft's is entirely game related.  

Why would people be linking their Spotify, Netflix, and Pandora account to Playstation Music..........if they weren't already a Playstation hardware owner?

Just now, jehurey said:

Why would people be linking their Spotify, Netflix, and Pandora account to Playstation Music..........if they weren't already a Playstation hardware owner?

Using these network services doesn't mean you're taking part in their gaming eco-system. For a lot of people using a PS4 or Xbox One they're just Netflix boxes, Sony counts these people as a MAU Microsoft does not.  

Using these network services doesn't mean you're taking part in their gaming eco-system. For a lot of people using a PS4 or Xbox One they're just Netflix boxes, Sony counts these people as a MAU Microsoft does not.  

You think people are turning on a video game console so that they can just turn on the Spotify service?

..................in the age of cell phones?

Not even you believe the shit your peddling? Do you?

Just now, jehurey said:

You think people are turning on a video game console so that they can just turn on the Spotify service?

..................in the age of cell phones?

Not even you believe the shit your peddling? Do you?

I use my consoles sometimes for Pandora, so absolutely yes. As I said this applies to any network usage, all of these services Sony affiliated or not are tunneled through and hosted on their network, they incur usage, they're calculated as a MAU. 

I use my consoles sometimes for Pandora, so absolutely yes. As I said this applies to any network usage, all of these services Sony affiliated or not are tunneled through and hosted on their network, they incur usage, they're calculated as a MAU. 

That's most definitely not how it works. :D

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

DynamiteCop is insinuating that people go out to buy a PlayStation 4 (or PlayStation 3) to download and watch/listen to Netflix and Spotify only. Interesting.

I'm insinuating reality, that for a lot of people they buy them and use them heavily and then months or years later interest falls to the wayside, they become streaming boxes for music or TV shows, Blu-ray players, people don't play games on them or infrequently do. 

That's the average person out in the real world.

and you think that this is happening SO MUCH...........that the 90 million number is greatly skewed?

So..........your implication here is that there's TENS OF MILLIONS of people who have bought $300-$400 Playstation 4's and are solely using them for Spotify, Netflix, Pandora.

..........in the age in which anybody who has bought any television from 2015 onwards already has SmartTV functionality and can access those apps without the need of additional hardware??????

You wanna keep going..............I almost WANT to push you in doubling-down more and more on this argument.

Its like forcing you to run into a cave that we already know has no exit.:tom:

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

and you think that this is happening SO MUCH...........that the 90 million number is greatly skewed?

So..........your implication here is that there's TENS OF MILLIONS of people who have bought $300-$400 Playstation 4's and are solely using them for Spotify, Netflix, Pandora.

..........in the age in which anybody who has bought any television from 2015 onwards already has SmartTV functionality and can access those apps without the need of additional hardware??????

You wanna keep going..............I almost WANT to push you in doubling-down more and more on this argument.

Its like forcing you to run into a cave that we already know has no exit.:tom:

Yes, tens of millions of normal people who buy maybe 2-3 games a year, whose lives are not centered around gaming, who casually play when they care to or get some extra time, who use their consoles for these applications because they offer good control and they're responsive. Smart TV programming, applications and processing are garbage, slow and clunky even on the newest TV's. 

Stop being such a dumb shit and acting like you don't understand that we're a crazed fringe in the gaming world, we're not a baseline, we're a psychosis, normal people are not like us. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!