John Wick 3 98% RT

I'm gonna say that if Keanu Reeves is able to be in ONE MORE successful action movie  franchise, or hell maybe just one successful stand-alone action movie, then he becomes the most accomplished action star in American movies.

I presume that Jackie Chan is the most accomplished action star, ever.

He's an action star in the 90's, with Speed and some interesting sci-fi movies. And then during the late 90's to early 00's, he gets a huge action movie franchise in The Matrix. And then he toils for almost a straight decade with some middle-of-the-road stuff.

And then he comes back with another successful movie franchise in the 2010's with John Wick.

That already puts his resume on the level of Arnold, Stallone, and Cruise.  He's getting up there in years. He needs to have that beard in order to hide the flabby second chin he's got. But if he stays in good shape, he can probably be in action movies for maybe 4-6 years.

55 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm gonna say that if Keanu Reeves is able to be in ONE MORE successful action movie  franchise, or hell maybe just one successful stand-alone action movie, then he becomes the most accomplished action star in American movies.

I presume that Jackie Chan is the most accomplished action star, ever.

He's an action star in the 90's, with Speed and some interesting sci-fi movies. And then during the late 90's to early 00's, he gets a huge action movie franchise in The Matrix. And then he toils for almost a straight decade with some middle-of-the-road stuff.

And then he comes back with another successful movie franchise in the 2010's with John Wick.

That already puts his resume on the level of Arnold, Stallone, and Cruise.  He's getting up there in years. He needs to have that beard in order to hide the flabby second chin he's got. But if he stays in good shape, he can probably be in action movies for maybe 4-6 years.

He’s got a good 10 years easily. He’s got great genetics. 

I was looking at his IMDB page to see if he has anything interesting, and he's got a couple of small bit parts in small movies, he's got a dramatic part in a movie that part isn't going to be good.

He's in this movie called Rally Car, but it seems to have stalled in production. And supposedly, since 2014, he had planned to start in a TV series called Rain, based on a series of books. Where he plays a half-Japanese, half-American assassin who specializes in making his targets look like they died from natural causes. And he was producing that with the same people who make the John Wick movies.

So, its clearly stalled. Either they considered John Wick to similar of a story, or they simply used Rain for the John Wick franchise. Or maybe he just abandoned it because his movie career picked up again after 2014.

• Upvote 1