Sony and Microsoft to explore strategic partnership regarding cloud-based tech for gaming & AI

2 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Who here has to use a computer to do their Job?

I should start a poll.  What do you use:

Windows

Linux

Apple

I'm willing to bet a million dollars that the majority of you use Windows.. And your Windows operating system might need to authenticate against a domain controller running Microsoft Windows server.  And then when you start your Microsoft Outlook to get your email you're connecting to the Microsoft Exchange servers.  Then, software updates to hundreds of thousands of computers in a corporation are deployed through Microsoft SCCM.  You want to do cloud computing?  What should you use?  Well you use Azure. of course.  Why wouldn't Microsoft's own Azure not be the best option for business cloud computing.. optimal compatibility with existing systems and infrastructure.   And trust me I know it's taking off.   90% of all corporations are run like this.  Large companies with hundreds of thousands of users.  Microsoft has a proven track record and their shit is on point.  They've been in control for decades :D 

More propaganda.

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That's really surprising. This seemed a very clear area that MS had a major advantage in. Seems that they really are just open house now. 

None of this gains Sony access to their proprietary technology or encoding and decoding methods, this just gives them access points which while good still has Microsoft in an advantageous position assuming what they're doing is much better which I wouldn't have a shred of doubt that it is. 

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

None of this gains Sony access to their proprietary technology or encoding and decoding methods, this just gives them access points which while good still has Microsoft in an advantageous position assuming what they're doing is much better which I wouldn't have a shred of doubt that it is. 

Why would Sony be interested in unproven technology? The only thing Sony seems interested in is using Microsoft to expand their leadership in the gaming industry.

I believe this is more or less a deal to combat Amazon and Google when it comes to streaming devices like tablets, PCs, laptops, TVs, etc. No doubt Sony wants to go the MS route, but they don't have the infrastructure MS has when it comes to online gaming. Why not team up and get your product out there on multiple devices, make more money, etc. You still won't see Sony games on the XBOX or XBOX games on the Playstation. That isn't what this deal is about. MS is looking at this from a money making standpoint. Sony is looking at this from an expansion standpoint. Everyone wins. 

Edited by eastside49er
13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:tom: colossal stupidity 

I've been leaving a trail of breadcrumbs since my original hypothesis. Looking back everything has come true. there's no reason to doubt me any longer.

right on MS hand delivering cuphead

right on forza Switch

right on MS now considering sony a business partner moving forward

Soon:

right on gampass going to rival platforms

right on 3rd party Service provider future 

judgement day awaits you.

Edited by Bodycount N
23 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I've been leaving a trail of breadcrumbs since my original hypothesis. Looking back everything has come true. there's no reason to doubt me any longer.

right on MS hand delivering cuphead

right on forza Switch

right on MS now considering sony a business partner moving forward

Soon:

right on gampass going to rival platforms

right on 3rd party Service provider future 

judgement day awaits you.

You're living in a fantasy land, being friendly and doing corporate back scratching doesn't equate to uprooting of a platform. It's not happening, you're legit retarded for even considering it. Cuphead isn't Microsoft's game, Forza on Switch isn't even a Forza game, Microsoft and Sony are partnering because they both have something the other wants and the results are beneficial for not only both sides but everyone.

Microsoft's goal is to spread as wide of a net as they can while still being fully in control and in the confines of their systems. Sony will never allow xCloud on their system because it's a conflict of interest with their own business, and Microsoft isn't going to port games to Switch because most not only won't run on it, there's no point when they can just be streamed and even in that event streaming might not even happen for Switch. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Me or him?

You. People in the know said that Cuphead is nothing compared to what we will see in the future.

People have been predicting XCloud and Gamepass on Switch here since 2017. It just makes too much sense.

PS5 is a different story, but Switch it's almost set in stone now.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

You. People in the know said that Cuphead is nothing compared to what we will see in the future.

People have been predicting XCloud and Gamepass on Switch here since 2017. It just makes too much sense.

PS5 is a different story, but Switch it's almost set in stone now.

No people in the know said anything remotely like that. The most that was said was to expect more games with Xbox Live integration which harkens back to crossplay between Xbox and Switch and can signify integration in any game from any developer to ease crossplay networking. You don't have to lie to kick it. 

Yeah Cuphead, that one game that Microsoft doesn't own, didn't publish and didn't fund... Hellblade? That was obviously already struck into the acquisition and was at the behest of Ninja Theory, a strong sign of this is not only the timing but also the fact that it's the same people who ported DmC for them. The retail releases of Hellblade for PS4 and Xbox One? Those were published by 505 Games, not Microsoft even for their own system so yet again another deal already in place.

I don't doubt the possibility of xCloud on Switch but even that's a remote possibility. There's nothing even close to being set in stone for this extremely speculative Switch venture. 

On 2019-05-17 at 5:27 AM, Bodycount N said:

right again

it's getting old now, gamepass is indeed head to switch and ps5.

And I think gamepass will include Sony and Nintendo titles which can also be virtualized on all consoles.  MS saves the day! :bow: 

I'll be playing Zelda on my Xbox soon enough.  Thanks sheep :D 

Edited by Spicalicious
8 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

And I think gamepass will include Sony and Nintendo titles which can also be virtualized on all consoles.  MS saves the day! :bow: 

I'll be playing Zelda on my Xbox soon enough.  Thanks sheep :D 

So that's the suspension of disbelief required to remain a lemming.