Details from current Sony event

Just now, lynux3 said:

The Remote Play stat is pretty crazy. I'll be interested to see how Sony attempts attract 4.3m more subscribers for PlayStation Now.

I think the 'bring PS Now off console and to other devices' is the major one there.

They've been very realistic with their expectations early on for streaming though. The max capacity their infrastructure could maintain was 5m.

Obviously that is looking to change with their new deal with MS and Azure 

another interesting stat to note since a certain someone here continually brings that topic up.

90% of all PS4s have conncected to the PSN over the last 12 months. With 94M+ active monthly users.

Just now, Bodycount N said:

so Death Stranding, Tsushima, and TLOU2 will be PS4 only? 

I think DS is still 50/50 but I fully expect the other two to be PS4 only. TLoU2 is a certainty. It will launch prior to PS5 release for sure. Plus have a look at those sales for the remaster. No way Sony won't do that again. 

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

so Death Stranding, Tsushima, and TLOU2 will be PS4 only? 

I thought Death Stranding was releasing on PC? 

Or am I getting the game confused with something else?

No way in hell am I making the mistake of upgrading day one then. Don't need a retread of this gen's launch, rushing out to spend hundreds for sloppy up-rez'd multiplats and a few extra frames on the new call of duty.

If they don't have a banger exclusive for it at launch I'll pass until something good and exclusive comes out.

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Remote Play has 6 million active users. That PlayStation tablet is coming Remij.

It's not.  Their slides show exactly why they don't have to make a fucking tablet.. cmon dude, use your head.

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I thought Death Stranding was releasing on PC? 

Or am I getting the game confused with something else?

initially they claimed it was when it was revealed but shortly after Sony scooped up Kojima under the Sony umbrella and it was effectively cancelled. We haven't heard anything about a PC version and they deny it exists anymore. At the very least it's one of Sony's cagey deals where they won't let devs acknowledge a PC version exists. If it does it'll be a year + out from the PS4 version anyways.

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I think the 'bring PS Now off console and to other devices' is the major one there.

They've been very realistic with their expectations early on for streaming though. The max capacity their infrastructure could maintain was 5m.

Obviously that is looking to change with their new deal with MS and Azure 

another interesting stat to note since a certain someone here continually brings that topic up.

90% of all PS4s have conncected to the PSN over the last 12 months. With 94M+ active monthly users.

I didn't read it as limited to 5 million, but I do see that PlayStation Now is apparently readily available to serve 70% of their userbase.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I didn't read it as limited to 5 million, but I do see that PlayStation Now is apparently readily available to serve 70% of their userbase.

Part of their Medium Term plans for PS Now said to increase CAGR to over 50%, then it says:

'Existing capacity investments support 5 mil subscriber base'

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not.  Their slides show exactly why they don't have to make a fucking tablet.. cmon dude, use your head.

It'd have a highet usage rate than PSVR. Plus streaming for PSnow. It's in their streaming strategy branch.

Edited by Team 2019