Phil Spencer: "We must fight against toxic male gamers" new Xbox 'Safety' team named 'The Defenders of Joy' here to crack down on anti-SJW behaviour - LMFAO!

Phil has outlined his visions for an SJW gaming future in his new radical manifesto titled "video games: A Unifying Force for the World"

Xbox_Avatars02.png

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/18629892/microsoft-xbox-phil-spencer-video-games-industry-effort-toxicity-abuse-harassment

“First, gaming is for everyone. No one group ‘owns’ gaming. [i.e. men] Instead, whether you’re new to gaming or are a diehard e-sports fan, you are welcome to play and welcome to all the fun and skill-building that comes with gaming. In this way, when everyone can play, the entire world wins,” Spencer writes in a blog post titled “Video Games: A Unifying Force for the World.”

“Gaming is the gateway to these 21st century skills and to STEM. Just consider: teen girls who play video games are three times more likely to pursue a STEM degree. 

“Our Xbox Safety team is nicknamed the ‘Defenders of Joy’ because we will defend you in every humanly and technologically possible way, so gaming remains fun,” Spencer says. “We will identify potentials for abuse and misuse on our platform and will fix problems quickly. We are also intent on expanding the composition of our safety team so wide-ranging perspectives can help us identify future safety problems and solutions.”

THE DEFENDERS OF JOY :kaz: the fucking brownshirts of gaming? lmao!

Phil needs to be ripped out of his office and taken away in handcuffs. This dude is legitimately mentally ill. :rofl: 

Seems fine to me, we live in a very harsh and predatory online age and these companies are beginning to understand they have a moral and in some cases legal responsibility on their platforms to shield their users from harassment or abuse. This is just a part of owning and operating a closed platform and network in an increasingly prevalent online society. These things were not such a concern even 10 years ago, we're seeing younger and younger adaptation of online use, new ways to connect and engage, new groups of people coming into the online space who were not previously. It's become a part of our social fabric whereas a decade ago connectivity was optional. 

The only person who's mentally ill in all of this is you. You have a problem with minority representation in gaming, you have a problem with female representation in gaming, you have a problem with LGBT representation in gaming. These are people, they exist in our world and they have become a part of what was typically a white mans leisure and hobby and have a right to feel represented. White people account for about 30% of the global population and rival Asians as the most prevalent world demographic, women account for roughly 50% of the population, the LGBT population is about 5%. 

That's 5.25 billion people that are not white, that's 3.75 billion people that are not men, that's 375 million people that are not straight. As long as things are not shoehorned in they are fine and the status quo around this has for the most part been ok. Some developers have played these things up to virtue signal and they've been met with criticism but in the 99th percentile whatever has been represented in gaming has been natural even now. Even Gears which you so detest is a fine representation of plausible reality, and it's not even a checkbox, it's what could be expected from a fictional future society. 

You need help. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

Please spare me DefenderOfJoy_Dynamite! I Promise I'll never oppose Phil's propaganda again! :scared::rofl: 

There's forum dumb and then there's real life dumb. My stupidly here does not extend to the real world whereas for you it's clear that there's real hate and contempt in your heart. 

I hope you grow out of it. 

i'd like to see some of these studies he's pulling his stats from, because they reek of being pulled out of his ass. :kaz: 

'Girls who play vidjagaymez are 3X more likely to become scientists :really: we gotta get more gurlz palying our SJW games'

sure, asshole. whatever you say. Maybe they play videogames because they already have an interest in tech. That's not a 'gendered' thing at all nor do they deserve special treatment.

Edited by Bodycount N

this is worse than the batwoman trailer and dynamte actually defending this bullshit like "dey real peple i swear :grimace1:

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bodycount, what's your issue with this? :mjpls:

Phil's engaging in Progressive Fragility whereby progs exaggerate "oppression" in order to increase their control over society. 

Here's the lie he uses to justify increased control:

"But it also comes at a time when digital life includes a growing toxic stew of hate speech, bigotry and misogyny."

The data overwhelmingly shows the West is more tolerant of protected classes than ever before. 

And you can bet the farm that this line means "we're going to staff the Defenders of Joy (dear God) with SJWs, and it has nothing to do with viewpoint diversity:

"We are also intent on expanding the composition of our safety team so wide-ranging perspectives can help us identify future safety problems and solutions."

Dude, your side has been playing this faggot game for years now. 

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

Phil's engaging in Progressive Fragility whereby progs exaggerate "oppression" in order to increase their control over society. 

Here's the lie he uses to justify increased control:

"But it also comes at a time when digital life includes a growing toxic stew of hate speech, bigotry and misogyny."

The data overwhelmingly shows the West is more tolerant of protected classes than ever before. 

And you can bet the farm that this line means "we're going to staff the Defenders of Joy (dear God) with SJWs, and it has nothing to do with viewpoint diversity:

"We are also intent on expanding the composition of our safety team so wide-ranging perspectives can help us identify future safety problems and solutions."

Dude, your side has been playing this faggot game for years now. 

My side? I don't have a horse in this race.  Are you implying that DynamiteCop is a leftist because he also sees no issue with this? lmfao 

He is as far right as anyone on this board and had no issues with this.... yet somehow.. both you and Bodycount's fragile asses are crying up a storm about it :awww:

So what's your problem with now?  All those words and you haven't stated what the actual problem is. 

You seem more fragile than usual these days bro:lupe:

26 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

My side? I don't have a horse in this race.  Are you implying that DynamiteCop is a leftist because he also sees no issue with this? lmfao 

He is as far right as anyone on this board and had no issues with this.... yet somehow.. both you and Bodycount's fragile asses are crying up a storm about it :awww:

So what's your problem with now?  All those words and you haven't stated what the actual problem is. 

You seem more fragile than usual these days bro:lupe:

You might have been played. When it comes to Xbox Dynamite succumbs to anything.