RE remake, REZero & RE4 Digital Foundry Switch analysis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE 4 is garbage.      

I just love that its SETTLED LAW that RE4 is the best.   They say it like mentioning a scientific fact all causally.   "Everybody knows what water freezes at 32 degee F, and RE4 is

When u have to make an argument against PS3 LMAO

Posted Images

I just love that its SETTLED LAW that RE4 is the best.

They say it like mentioning a scientific fact all causally.

"Everybody knows what water freezes at 32 degee F, and RE4 is the greatest action game ever made.":cmpunk1:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

game's meant to be played at 30.

Best on Switch. Only problems is that it carries over the wonky Parkinson's syndrome shaky reticle glitch from the newer ClunkSole versions.

Based on the video it seems that the shitty joy-cons are the culprit. You have to admit the joy-cons are straight trash.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Based on the video it seems that the shitty joy-cons are the culprit. You have to admit the joy-cons are straight trash.

The video also said that was an issue on the current gen versions that was carried over to the Switch. 

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

LMAO@ aynone trying to own sheep on RE4. Bitch, we played it first exclusively on our console over 10 year ago. :cruise:

you own yourself with RE4 :kaz: 

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Hermit butthurt still in full swing nearly 15 years post-release. :aitch:

that doesn't even make sense...??

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It's 720p 60fps locked on fucking PS3. :D

it's 30fps on PS3 bro :monkas:

PS4, Xbox1 and Switch are the only consoles to run it at 60. 

and on top of that, Switch includes all the graphical enhancements that were in the PS4 version which obviously the PS3 doesn't have. 

Digital Foundry. 

"we're looking at a conversion of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, with the exact same assets and that crucial 60 frames per second performance target. Side by side with the existing current-gen ports, there's very little to distinguish this new Switch release with its siblings."

" PS4 and Xbox One releases are based on the PC version dubbed the Ultimate HD Edition. This is based, in turn, on the original GameCube codebase. It's an important distinction as the original 2007 PC port is actually based on the inferior PlayStation 3 conversion. "

Switch version is also the only version to have mip maps. 

" While both versions operate at a full 1080p, (PS4/Xbox) neither port features anti-aliasing of any description - even something as lightweight as FXAA could have made a difference here. When combined with the lack of mip-maps (textures generated to combat surface aliasing) the game suffers from noticeable shimmering throughout. "

on modern consoles, it's possible to perform anisotropic filtering on mip-maps enabling sharper but cleaner results. Unfortunately, this is missing on the new releases.

" Visual differences with the other current-gen versions are almost non-existent, but the Switch port does use mip-maps, smoothing off speckly texture work, most noticeable on the ground.

The PS3 version is inferior all around bro :cmpunk1:

Edited by Goukosan
7 hours ago, Ike said:

LMAO@ aynone trying to own sheep on RE4. Bitch, we played it first exclusively on our console over 10 year ago. :cruise:

sheep were hurt like an abused housewife when it first got ported. :tom: "if RE4 ends up on another system I'll cut off my head" - some Jap guy from Capcom.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

sheep were hurt like an abused housewife when it first got ported. :tom: "if RE4 ends up on another system I'll cut off my head" - some Jap guy from Capcom.

That was Mikami himself who said it.

And it doesn't matter because the PS2 version was so laughably gimped. The polygon counts on the main characters were cut in half. So many of its lighting, texture and shadowing effects are just straight-up missing.

The PC port was based on the PS2 port for the longest time (lol), the only versions that had all of the intended graphical features intact were the GC and Wii versions until about 2011, over six years later. (lol)

And Gamespot awarded the GoTY to just the Gamecube version. I know this because I was a paid member for Gamespot at the time, and that allowed access to the forum where you can speak directly with GS staff, and some doofus said "that also includes the PS2 version, right?"

And Alex Navarro explained that it is only the Gamecube version. It was great.:drake: Easily the most runaway GoTY winner of all of Gamespot's GOTY winners.

Edited by jehurey